CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Any word if tha Tour de Walshy playlist may become a reality. It was a really good idea. FFA in Halo 5 is terrible. And solo queuing in Arena can be rough.

It would be nice to have a fun solo playlist that you can just jump in and out when you have time to work on your shot. And not always have your try hard pants on.

Someone said it was a good idea so I'm sure it is being considered for a weekend playlist at some point./

Riptide has been the setting of some of the worst experiences of my life. To add insult to injury, it has the highest frequency to appear out of any Arena map. Why can't 343 get map weightings right???

I just don't understand the idea that the most important part of the game to them is split.

Not everyone cares about ranks or REQs. For some of us, the primary feature of Halo was getting together in person to have a good time. 

I'd be making plans with people and they'd be like "let's play some Halo 5 co-op while we're at it" and then I'd have to explain to them that any form of local play had been cut from the game.

It's second only to the MCC shitshow for me in things 343 has done to damage the series.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Dick buttkiss.

You're dick buttkiss....don't criticize me for how I spell it while proceeding to spell it wrong cis fuck

Not everyone cares about ranks or REQs. For some of us, the primary feature of Halo was getting together in person to have a good time.

I'd be making plans with people and they'd be like "let's play some Halo 5 co-op while we're at it" and then I'd have to explain to them that any form of local play had been cut from the game.

It's second only to the MCC shitshow for me in things 343 has done to damage the series.

When did I mention RRQs or Ranks mate? I'm just saying that if you're going to like a game enough to play co-op then you should like it enough to play solo.

Oh my god. He deleted that video and I made a response to it with text and shit. I believe it's the only version of that video still on youtube LOL

I still cringe at my conversation with him, he said halo wasn't as popular because the market changed, citing a graph that showed there was slightly less players playing video games than a few years ago(only in the U.S. Not even globally). I didn't have a rebuttal because back then I still sucked at debating(I still kind of do)so I forgot the fact that other games hadnt experienced the same drop in players that halo did so it was a moot point, It didn't mean shit and that went right over my head, I also didn't bring up all the modern games that h3 went up against from 2007-2010 and still came out on top, which would've proved the market had remains largely the same while halo had changed. Yeah so I'm basically embarrassed by my performance lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I meant they don't give a shit about the whole online ecosystem. Halo for them (and me, though I'm invested enough to keep playing) is about playing locally, and Halo 5 has no way of doing that. It might as well not be a Halo game for them, in the same way that Smash Bros would appeal to far fewer people if it was online only.

I honestly feel sorry for the people who aren't going to experience Halo in a splitscreen/LAN setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q69Msy8ttM&feature=youtu.be&t=25m17s

I've played split screen with many games. Always found it annoying with half my screen gone and shit. But still. You enjoy playing Halo co-op cause its an exceptional game made much better with friends. You really only lose the friends but keep the awesomeness.

Well they could have made it 30 for split, all the animations run at 30 fps outside of 10 meters anyway. 

I don't see why they're making it out to be so difficult..

It's easy to make splitscreen work with 30fps. Top screen gets 30fps, Bottom screen get 30 fps. 60 fps total. The math checks out. 343 was just being lazy.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I saw some people here mention how their aim felt different after the latest update, I wasn't able to play until today so I kind of shrugged it off and forgot about it, but after playing for myself my aim has gone from around 45% on a match to match basis to 57-60% and I'm genuinely really curious if they stealthily changed anything.

Maybe someone who hates Halo 5's aim but hasn't played for a while could hop on and see if they feel any difference, I find it hard to believe this would be placebo when there was an actual increase in my accuracy in matches and I was finding myself hitting shots that would usually be a bit sketchy.

I'm redownloading H5 to see if anything has changed.

It's easy to make splitscreen work with 30fps. Top screen gets 30fps, Bottom screen get 30 fps. 60 fps total. The math checks out. 343 was just being lazy.

:holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Putting a time on how long it takes to complete any story/campaign is pointless. It all depends entirely on the player.

Some games are clearly longer than others.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:simms::prayers:

You know what is great about mathematics? That you can post something like this: 

59(4).gif

and you look like a wizard that speaks in tongues.

@@Poolcat OG, don't say anything.

I'm redownloading H5 to see if anything has changed.

If you're redownloading it solely for this you might be disappointed, I may have just been having some good matches, haven't noticed much difference today.

Some games are clearly longer than others.

Gee, Cooper - I had no idea.

Trying to put an exact time on a game is pointless. It could have took some guy 6 hours to do the Halo 5 campaign and some other guy 16 hours. 

Gee, Cooper - I had no idea.

Trying to put an exact time on a game is pointless. It could have took some guy 6 hours to do the Halo 5 campaign and some other guy 16 hours.

I'm not going to continue this because it's stupid. Obviously you can't put an exact time, but you can put a ballpark time or an average time.