CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I had a ton o

You know what I mean. Customs in Halo 3 were a HUGE part of it's success. I spent more time in customs games than matchmaking for sure.

I had a ton of fun in h3 matchmaking, definitely spent most of my time there (and forge) but yeah customs in that game were insane.

People are arguing that there is a lack of content in every feature we've had in previous Halo's. Being disingenuous by exaggerating Halo 5's campaign length, and ignoring forge improvements because it wasn't day 1. I'll agree on the customs in MM side though, but it will only go uphill from here, at a larger rate than any other halo game.

The campaign is 6 hours long on Heroic. That is a fact. I can attest to it, @@Cooper can attest to it, and so can many others. It's not exaggeration; I checked the time on my service record. 6 hours, 14 minutes, no cutscene skips since I knew jack shit about the story and I didn't even do the Warden skip.

No one is ignoring forge's improvements. We're upset that there aren't modes to use Forge for besides MM gametypes.

And this thread is not complete without the guy saying this thread sucks and acting superior....

Woo.

It's called having a discussion fam. Not everybody wants to talk about the HWC all the time.

Ugh this^ so much. I hate how people try to shut down each other the last few days/weeks just because they dont want to hear something.

And while I looove the HWC thread, the rep whores with their bad gif spam annoy me a lot the last few days.

• Upvote (+1) 4

But there's no thriving custom community to enjoy the fruits of h5's forge. Mainly due to the fact that 343 neglected to supply the basic features needed to develop that community.

I'll admit I've never been part of the custom's community, but from what I'm seeing from all the Ready Up Live videos posted (custom games), and the custom games I saw in Hammer storm lifestream, the customs seemed very creative and not done in a previous Halo 5. Idk you tell me.

Ugh this^ so much. I hate how people try to shut down each other the last few days/weeks just because they dont want to hear something.

And while I looove the HWC thread, the rep whores with their bad gif spam annoy me a lot the last few days.

Ironically the GIF spamming is why I love this community. We have a sense of humor.

I'll admit I've never been part of the custom's community, but from what I'm seeing from all the Ready Up Live videos posted (custom games), and the custom games I saw in Hammer storm lifestream, the customs seemed very creative and not done in a previous Halo 5. Idk you tell me.

Here's your problem mate. You watch Ready Up Live. He's the Waypoint of the YouTube scene.

Ironically the GIF spamming is why I love this community. We have a sense of humor.

Tumblr. Best sense of humor on internet confirmed. 

Here's your problem mate. You watch Ready Up Live. He's the Waypoint of the YouTube scene.

Ok, I'll be real. I hate RUL's content but I like Greenskull/Dan as a person. Really chill dude to play Halo with and actually really civil.

Only thing that pisses me off is how he pretends to give a shit about esports now that 343 actually decided to support the competitive scene. If anyone remembers the "Halo shouldn't cater to just the competitive community" and watched it beyond just it's title, it took a shit on our community.

The customs themselves are cool. They're just not being widely shared or played.

The campaign is 6 hours long on Heroic. That is a fact. I can attest to it, @@Cooper can attest to it, and so can many others. It's not exaggeration; I checked the time on my service record. 6 hours, 14 minutes, no cutscene skips since I knew jack shit about the story and I didn't even do the Warden skip.

No one is ignoring forge's improvements. We're upset that there aren't modes to use Forge for besides MM gametypes.

I don't get this, first time I played Halo 3 was when I was a kid on easy. Second time was on MCC and I finished Halo 3 on legendary in roughly 6 hours. Granted this was after a lot of practice with Halo 1 and 2 on legendary but still...

I LOVE that about it. I like how simple and plain it is. Also, its BIG. H5 pistol is so underwhelming just in terms of design and sound to the CE pistol.

Of course the sound of the H5 pistol is underwhelming, it is a 5sk after all          :kappa:

Ok, I'll be real. I hate RUL's content but I like Greenskull/Dan as a person. Really chill dude to play Halo with and actually really civil.

Only thing that pisses me off is how he pretends to give a shit about esports now that 343 actually decided to support the competitive scene. If anyone remembers the "Halo shouldn't cater to just the competitive community" and watched it beyond just it's title, it took a shit on our community.

Wasn't that a minolta video?

$10 if 30 fps split was a thing people would complain 343 couldn't make it 60 and its dumb they even did it

Being slightly annoyed that split runs at 30 is better than watching all my IRL friends leave the series because splitscreen and LAN are both gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get this, first time I played Halo 3 was when I was a kid on easy. Second time was on MCC and I finished Halo 3 on legendary in roughly 6 hours. Granted this was after a lot of practice with Halo 1 and 2 on legendary but still...

Putting a time on how long it takes to complete any story/campaign is pointless. It all depends entirely on the player. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Minolta and Greenskull's opinions basically represent one another and Dan has never really had anything positive to say about the competitive community until the HWC announcement.

It was also 4 years ago so I am fuzzy about it.

otherwise known as mr. Instagram is killing halo.

Being slightly annoyed that split runs at 30 is better than watching all my IRL friends leave the series because splitscreen and LAN are both gone.

I just don't understand the idea that the most important part of the game to them is split.

True, customs may have had more weight in Halo 3, but are we just gonna act like Halo 5's forge is somehow not leaps and bounds ahead of what we had in H3? And its only going up from this point with additions in almost every patch. 

Did you see that ODST cinematic some one created in H5 forge? http://i.imgur.com/30WBTnf.gifv

People are arguing that there is a lack of content in every feature we've had in previous Halo's. Being disingenuous by exaggerating Halo 5's campaign length, and ignoring forge improvements because it wasn't day 1. I'll agree on the customs in MM side though, but it will only go uphill from here, at a larger rate than any other halo game.

You seem to have this perception that it's only going to be uphill from here on out. That's not going to be the case, not at all. There's a reason that many fans were very upset that H5 didn't have vital content like standard gametypes, Forge mode, and a File Share at launch. It's because if a game doesn't have a successful launch, a giant chunk, arguably half, of the could-have-been long-term players have now left for good. No matter what 343 does, the population will only dwindle from here on out. You're talking about all these fancy Forge features and even if they are great, there needs to be an active community first to take advantage of them. The quantity and quality of Halo 5 Forge maps is moving at a snail's pace compared to Halo 3 and Reach, despite the new features. 

I've said it before and the only believable feature that can bring Halo 5's could-have-been population back is a custom game browser. That's the only thing exciting enough for people to come back. Everything else like REQ cards, these remix maps, BTB forged maps are not enough. Warzone Firefight is an interesting addition, but if it's what we think (a lot of people facing a lot of enemies), then I don't see that boosting up the population a lot. That's an opinion of course but I just don't see that gametype bringing in a lot of new players, even though the current players will enjoy it.

I'm sure 343 will do something for Halo 5 in Q4 2016 but if Halo 4 & 5 have taught us anything, 343 doesn't have a full grasp of what created the long-lasting communities in H2 & H3 so I'll doubt it'll be anything to help in that regard.

• Upvote (+1) 5

otherwise known as mr. Instagram is killing halo.

Oh my god. He deleted that video and I made a response to it with text and shit. I believe it's the only version of that video still on youtube LOL

I09qV8A.png

This physically hurts.

If you want useless automatics and a poorly balanced sandbox, there's a perfectly functioning Halo One on MCC calling your name  :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 2

If you want useless automatics and a poorly balanced sandbox, there's a perfectly functioning Halo One on MCC calling your name  :kappa:

"I don't know what everyone's complaining about, MCC works for me."

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any word if tha Tour de Walshy playlist may become a reality. It was a really good idea. FFA in Halo 5 is terrible. And solo queuing in Arena can be rough.

It would be nice to have a fun solo playlist that you can just jump in and out when you have time to work on your shot. And not always have your try hard pants on.