CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Bravo

Can't get @ bravo to work...

Weekend Playlist.

CE forged maps. AR / CE pistol as starting weapons. Static power up spawns (maybe not the power weapons cause I really can't imagine a new H5 sniper on the map every 30 Seconds).

Please tell me this is already in the works

• Upvote (+1) 1

People will eventually defend this, just like Reach. Can't wait.

Fuck, I'm too late. Was going to say that here I was waiting for people to defend it while eating pop corn but Lambo got the jump on me...sigh.

Edit : 

Nevermind, still waiting.

No bloom = No Skill

It's that simple. If every shot lands exactly where you are aiming at, things would get really boring really fast. The weapon would be waaay to powerful and make the other weapons like the BR or DMR useless. We don't wan't an overpowered weapon like the original CE pistol again. With bloom you have to slowly pace your shots and can't just spam the trigger like in CoD. That is what made Reach so great and one of the most competitive Halos out there. If you don't like it why don't you just play MCC? I hope they add bloom to all the other precision riffles as soon as possible because right now they are overpowered anyway compared to the automatics. A Pistol should never beat an Assault Riffle in close to mid range. That is just unrealistic and ridiculous. They are finally going into the right direction and I can't believe people still read the shit that I just wrote just to get my last hour done till weekend.

I hate/love you( 80% hate though).

No bloom = No Skill

It's that simple. If every shot lands exactly where you are aiming at, things would get really boring really fast. The weapon would be waaay to powerful and make the other weapons like the BR or DMR useless. We don't wan't an overpowered weapon like the original CE pistol again. With bloom you have to slowly pace your shots and can't just spam the trigger like in CoD. That is what made Reach so great and one of the most competitive Halos out there. If you don't like it why don't you just play MCC? I hope they add bloom to all the other precision riffles as soon as possible because right now they are overpowered anyway compared to the automatics. A Pistol should never beat an Assault Riffle in close to mid range. That is just unrealistic and ridiculous. They are finally going into the right direction and I can't believe people still read the shit that I just wrote just to get my last hour done till weekend.

If you ever wanted to be slaughtered and have your entrails paraded around the forums, this is the way to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

A bit off topic, but I can't stand how easily people are forgiving 343 for the most simple things, not on here necessarily but Waypoint is a mess with that kind of talk. Why is 343 getting so much praise for adding content in that should've been in at launch?

One thing that really bugs me is Firefight, which I heard they're adding in later. It's not going to be even close to being the same Firefight that people are used to or are expecting. A few friends of mine are expecting way too much out of it and I feel like it's going to be a letdown for fans of that game type.

/rant

The Memories of Reach update has me curious though.

In any case, haven't been here in a while. How is everyone doing and how are you enjoying Halo 5 compared to when it launched?

• Upvote (+1) 3

No bloom = No Skill

Are you honestly defending the AR or any auto for that reason?

27424758d1394748813-fansproject-stuntico

A bit off topic, but I can't stand how easily people are forgiving 343 for the most simple things, not on here necessarily but Waypoint is a mess with that kind of talk. Why is 343 getting so much praise for adding content in that should've been in at launch?

One thing that really bugs me is Firefight, which I heard they're adding in later. It's not going to be even close to being the same Firefight that people are used to or are expecting. A few friends of mine are expecting way too much out of it and I feel like it's going to be a letdown for fans of that game type.

/rant

The Memories of Reach update has me curious though.

In any case, haven't been here in a while. How is everyone doing and how are you enjoying Halo 5 compared to when it launched?

I like the concept of 12 man Warzone firefight honestly. 

Sure, it wont be the same, but they can also use the large player count to throw a shitload of enemies and bosses at you all at the same time.  I think that would be fun.  One thing about previous firefights that kind of grew stale for me was that it was just wave after wave of the same class enemies most of the time.  The only way to amp up difficulty was to turn on skulls.  I remain optimistic about it.

I like the concept of 12 man Warzone firefight honestly. 

Sure, it wont be the same, but they can also use the large player count to throw a shitload of enemies and bosses at you all at the same time.  I think that would be fun.  One thing about previous firefights that kind of grew stale for me was that it was just wave after wave of the same class enemies most of the time.  The only way to amp up difficulty was to turn on skulls.  I remain optimistic about it.

The only thing that potentially irks me is the fact that it's a Warzone game type rather than a gametype of it's own. I'm sure for fans of Warzone it's going to be great, but not so much for those who don't care for it at all. Yet again, that's just my subjective opinion on the matter. Hopefully they can emulate the experience rather well within the Warzone gametype and feel.

Also, since it's Warzone, there will be a lack of customization and sub-types that you got in say Reach through customs and whathaveyou.

We shall see, though. I personally just don't have a good feeling about it. Hopefully it delivers.

The only thing that potentially irks me is the fact that it's a Warzone game type rather than a gametype of it's own. I'm sure for fans of Warzone it's going to be great, but not so much for those who don't care for it at all. Yet again, that's just my subjective opinion on the matter. Hopefully they can emulate the experience rather well within the Warzone gametype and feel.

Also, since it's Warzone, there will be a lack of customization and sub-types that you got in say Reach through customs and whathaveyou.

We shall see, though. I personally just don't have a good feeling about it. Hopefully it delivers.

Oh absolutely.  If it's anything other than just endless wave slaughter, it will be trash.  I don't want to play capture base territories with AI opponents. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah. I'm worried about Warzone Firefight. I loved Firefight in ODST and Reach's was ok - it had potential but Bungie's push for the Arcade-style stuff killed it. 

My biggest concern is the Warzone name being used because all the AI in Warzone are bullet sponges, minus the marines. If it is like this for the Firefight mode, it's going to suck big time. 

Regardless, the thought of being able to use REQs and stuff in a Firefight-like mode makes me happy. Not only will I be able to use REQs I never normally use but it'll encourage more people to buy packs as a whole and use the contents.

Speaking of waypoint. Someone put forward that the remake of forge world could be coming with the Memories of Reach DLC.

Totally possible. Tom French mentioned on Twitter it was going to be a launch map but it was pushed back and it is still on the table to come later on. 

I'm honestly expecting a Reach map remake, a ton of armours from Reach and Emile's shotgun and Jun's sniper (concepts of which are already in the Halo 5 art book). Forge World would be a nice surprise, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get the H1 Magnum hate.

I think it looks pretty good actually...

I don't get the H1 Magnum hate.

I think it looks pretty good actually...

I just don't like how low-res the model looks. I get that's the intention for nostalgia purposes but they should have took the same approach for it like they did for the H2 BR. Stay true to the original but use a more high-res model. CEA had a decent model :/

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah. I'm worried about Warzone Firefight. I loved Firefight in ODST and Reach's was ok - it had potential but Bungie's push for the Arcade-style stuff killed it. 

My biggest concern is the Warzone name being used because all the AI in Warzone are bullet sponges, minus the marines. If it is like this for the Firefight mode, it's going to suck big time. 

Regardless, the thought of being able to use REQs and stuff in a Firefight-like mode makes me happy. Not only will I be able to use REQs I never normally use but it'll encourage more people to buy packs as a whole and use the contents.

That is also a huge concern of mine, actually. I'm not really expecting them to replace the Warzone AI with the AI found in campaign, and as Hot Juicy Pie said as well, a one sided territory capture against AI.

I really wish it was just an addition of Firefight as it's own standalone mode rather than a Warzone integration, not to say if it was it's own mode that it couldn't use REQs as well. REQs seem like a good fit for Firefight, in my opinion. That's asking a bit too much though, I suppose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't like how low-res the model looks. I get that's the intention for nostalgia purposes but they should have took the same approach for it like they did for the H2 BR. Stay true to the original but use a more high-res model. CEA had a decent model :/

I LOVE that about it. I like how simple and plain it is. Also, its BIG. H5 pistol is so underwhelming just in terms of design and sound to the CE pistol.

Well it looks worse than it does in the game it comes from. So there is that. Its also absurdly easy to use. Its pretty disappointing all around. Its just a warzone req and doesn't really have any nostalgia factor due to it being so different. 

I wouldn't mind a Countdown remix (not really a 100% remake I don't know if it would work) in the Meridian aesthetic. Every time I look at Escape from ARC I think about Countdown. 

Well it looks worse than it does in the game it comes from. So there is that. Its also absurdly easy to use. Its pretty disappointing all around. Its just a warzone req and doesn't really have any nostalgia factor due to it being so different. 

If only they could replace the pistol with the CE pistol in Arena. Although I'm not sure how that will affect the balance between the Pistol and other weapons. Hell, I'd even take a Halo CE playlist in Arena where Pistol is 3SK for the nostalgia factor, along with them not making it hitscan and removing bloom, of course.

Having it Warzone only makes it feel like a wasted effort, as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes, I like the sentiment behind the vintage look, but I can't help but imagine how gorgeous they could've made it look if they had gone with a classic design with modern rendering, texturing, shading, etc.

And with regard to the bloom and other mechanics...they knew the HCE crowd was going to scrutinize the hell out of it. I can't understand why there are so many differences from the original. Hitscan vs projectile could possibly be rationalized as a networking performance decision...maybe. There is no reasonable explanation for how the bloom behaves that I can think of.

If only they could replace the pistol with the CE pistol in Arena. Although I'm not sure how that will affect the balance between the Pistol and other weapons. Hell, I'd even take a Halo CE playlist in Arena where Pistol is 3SK for the nostalgia factor, along with them not making it hitscan, of course.

Having it Warzone only makes it feel like a wasted effort.

Yes, please replace the current pistol with the 3sk easy-as-hell-to-use pistol with bloom for Arena.

They should hire you asap with this idea.

nostalgia kids

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yes, please replace the current pistol with the 3sk easy-as-hell-to-use pistol with bloom for Arena.

They should hire you asap with this idea.

nostalgia kids

Removing hitscan and bloom is a given, of course, I thought that'd go without saying, but I added that to my original response. I'm very tired so I'm not really thinking straight before I submit my replies to the forum.

Anyway, I wasn't saying that I would want Halo 5's "CE Pistol" (as it is right now) to be in Arena. That'd be a ridiculously stupid move.

Why is 343 getting so much praise for adding content in that should've been in at launch?

You can say that it "should've been in at launch" based on the idea that the content was available in previous Halo games, but the fact of the matter is that the reason it wasn't there at launch is so much more complicated than that, and can be justified in a handful of ways.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2