CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I was averaging just below 70% accuracy with the pistol yesterday. There is absolutely nothing broken with the aiming, the sensitivity curves are just different to previous Halos. I have no idea why they changed them but they did.

Got stomped and blaming it on the new map?

Yea the aiming isn't broken at all. Thousands of people that are complaining about it are all just delusional. You are so right man we all jut can't aim as godly as you obviously. And you average 70% accuracy? I want you to know that Snip3down averages barely over 50 so unless you are just shooting 5 bullets a game I don't really believe you.

And someone can hate a map because of, I don't know, THE MAP. Not everyone hates a map because they "got stomped". Seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yea the aiming isn't broken at all. Thousands of people that are complaining about it are all just delusional. You are so right man we all jut can't aim as godly as you obviously. And you average 70% accuracy? I want you to know that Snip3down averages barely over 50 so unless you are just shooting 5 bullets a game I don't really believe you.

And someone can hate a map because of, I don't know, THE MAP. Not everyone hates a map because they "got stomped". Seriously.

Of course people are complaining, they changed the sensitivity curves. It's a very reasonable complaint to have and I wish 343 would add the option for similar curves to the old games. That said it is not broken.

This was only last night but over a 6 game period I averaged 68% accuracy with the pistol for 111 kills of which about 25% were perfects.

Well the map has been out for one day, it's widely regarded as fairly solid and he's saying it's worse than Overgrowth.

Of course people are complaining, they changed the sensitivity curves. It's a very reasonable complaint to have and I wish 343 would add the option for similar curves to the old games. That said it is not broken.

This was only last night but over a 6 game period I averaged 68% accuracy with the pistol for 111 kills of which about 25% were perfects.

Well the map has been out for one day, it's widely regarded as fairly solid and he's saying it's worse than Overgrowth.

So what makes something "broken" then? Because if the only definition you want to use is "physically unplayable" then this isn't going anywhere. The aiming system is awkward and uncomfortable for many people. And you know what you do 100% of the time in an FPS? Aim. It's a bigger problem than the automatics because this affects 100% of your engagements. It's about as close to making something "unplayable" as you can possibly get. You can like it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a big issue.

There are people that like the taste of shit. Doesn't make eating shit any less nasty.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So what makes something "broken" then? Because if the only definition you want to use is "physically unplayable" then this isn't going anywhere. The aiming system is awkward and uncomfortable for many people. And you know what you do 100% of the time in an FPS? Aim. It's a bigger problem than the automatics because this affects 100% of your engagements. It's about as close to making something "unplayable" as you can possibly get. You can like it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a big issue.

There are people that like the taste of shit. Doesn't make eating shit any less nasty.

There's literally nothing broken about it, the only thing you can objectively say is that it's different. It's clearly working as intended otherwise 343 would have patched it. There are a fair number of people who are struggling to adjust to it and I think it's very fair to complain that 343 don't have a classic aiming option. I don't think it's fair to call it broken.

When they were first introduced many people said that aiming with a mouse or with an analogue stick was terrible. I'm not saying H5's aiming is better than the old games I'm just saying when you change something as ingrained and reflexive as aiming there will be people who complain. That doesn't make it broken though.

dQy45Js.png

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Really like the new map. Already one of my favourite maps in the game. It's also great having these new game modes, but I want proper social so bad.The previous Halos may or may not have had SBMM in social, but it was never as bad as it is on this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So apparently you can get outside of the Grifball rink, and there is a chain gun out there that you can use to spawn kill people... like why would Nokyard even put that out there???

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/711bcff9-9de9-4326-86a3-cf0eed47e876/players/ronny%20ramrod?gameHistoryMatchIndex=4&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

Under normal circumstances, it wouldn't be an issue but the update broke the invisible blockers that currently surround the map, meaning people can easily get out.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Well, corner camping with gravity hammers is annoying as shit. And the glare on Torque is really annoying. But that problem is on every map. The map plays decently well though, aside from the ridiculous amounts of geometry everywhere. Oh wait, that's a problem on every map too.

Still better than Orion and Overgrowth.

Played a few 4v4 games with it. Too early to tell, but it was fun. Especially when we disabled all SA's, bumped speed up to 110, and strafe acceleration to 130. A classic playlist would be awesome.

I would buy the game for settings like these.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would buy the game for settings like these.

I would actually care to play the mp again if we got a legit classic playlist.

• 220 Assassinations
  • 1,447 Promethean kills
  • 2,117 Ground vehicle kills
  • 791 Shoulder Charges

123 Assassinations

1,295 Promethean kills

636 Shoulder Charges

1,959 Vehicle kills

You're letting me down fellow Warzoners.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't mind it on Regret. It was too claustrophobic on Riptide. Beam Rifle shines now but Top Mid is still the best power position. Will have to play more games on it to really decide and 2 Storm Rifles is still a major issue but map definitely improved.

Sorry for dodging those invites yesterday, I had half my friendslist inviting me to play with them. Just too cool man. B)

(In all seriousness though, shoot me invites and I'll join).

I can't seem to find a time when the Xbox and W10 Event will start, does anyone know? All I can find is that the "open house" will be from 9am-6pm.

123 Assassinations

1,295 Promethean kills

636 Shoulder Charges

1,959 Vehicle kills

You're letting me down fellow Warzoners.

I'll get back on grinding Warzone next week, until then, I'm busy with my exams. :(

Finished with a FFA Oddball gametype SO fun.

I heard FFA wasn't possible? Are you just putting people on all teams or?

I've said plenty of negative things about 343 and Halo 5, but it does seem they are listening to some of the community requests and adding some pretty decent updates each month in content, interface improvements and other game related items. And, I suspect Halo 5 will get close to having most of the playlists and game types we've come to expect in previous Halos.

So, while it's still not my favorite Halo, as a casual/occasional player it's fun to play. A little icing on the cake would be to see MCC get a couple of updates like we've gotten for Halo 5 each month, but I'm guessing these updates take a good deal of the teams time with little to spare for MCC. Still, I'm having some fun playing Halo 5 and hopefully it continues to get better in the coming months.

Quick question... are these monthly content adds/updates supposed to continue until we see the next Halo or only x number of months?

... I've been using the same dpi and 360 distance on my PC for 5 or 6 years with no issues whatsoever. 

What do you mean by this?

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I feel like the key to aiming in this game is to stay in the "aiming" zone of the stick as much as possible. The only times you should hit the "turn" mode is when you have to turn and help a teammate or suddenly turn around because of a callout/radar. I noticed when I'm finally warmed up, I'm barely moving the right stick.

For the people having trouble aiming, focus on not kicking in the aim accel unless you absolutely have to. I'd say even change your sens to something like 3/5 because it'll be easier to tell when you creep into the "turn" portion of the stick.

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I feel like the key to aiming in this game is to stay in the "aiming" zone of the stick as much as possible. The only times you should hit the "turn" mode is when you have to turn and help a teammate or suddenly turn around because of a callout/radar. I noticed when I'm finally warmed up, I'm barely moving the right stick.

For the people having trouble aiming, focus on not kicking in the aim accel unless you absolutely have to. I'd say even change your sens to something like 3/5 because it'll be easier to tell when you creep into the "turn" portion of the stick.

So sad that this could be considered a solution. :salt:

There's literally nothing broken about it, the only thing you can objectively say is that it's different. It's clearly working as intended otherwise 343 would have patched it. There are a fair number of people who are struggling to adjust to it and I think it's very fair to complain that 343 don't have a classic aiming option. I don't think it's fair to call it broken.

When they were first introduced many people said that aiming with a mouse or with an analogue stick was terrible. I'm not saying H5's aiming is better than the old games I'm just saying when you change something as ingrained and reflexive as aiming there will be people who complain. That doesn't make it broken though.

dQy45Js.png

Don't bring your logic and reason here. Here we like to blame the aiming when we miss shots.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I like Torque a lot.  My only 2 complaints thus far are that there are two grav hammers and that you should not be punished for picking up a BR.  They put 2 explosive barrels behind the BRs.  As if they are power weapons or something.  Seems a little unnecessary to me.  I've already been blown up by them once.  Shame on me for wanting to pick up a BR first thing. 343 wants to punish me for it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1