CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

hah, the K/D Padders are out in force in the Assault playist.

Some guy went 53 and 17, also tried multiple times to steal assasinations.. With 4 Seconds of ball hold time.

In a game that went into overtime and then finished after overtime had done.

343, remove MMR and remove the stat tracking so that it isn't used to pad stats.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah man, 4v4 games with the CE pistol would be way too hectic, it's too easy to use for its' 3sk kill time. Probably works nicely for 2v2s though

Played a few 4v4 games with it. Too early to tell, but it was fun. Especially when we disabled all SA's, bumped speed up to 110, and strafe acceleration to 130. A classic playlist would be awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Been playing MM today and I want to know if the patch reduced AA or BM any? For some reason I'm having trouble aiming. Idk. It's weird.

2) Of 3 games with overshield I played, the OS glitched twice. (Empire and Regret)

This also happened to me multiple times on Regret and Empire, overshield is spawned but you can't pick it up. Also having two hammers on Torque is really stupid, I can't quite wrap my head around that decision. 

Played a few 4v4 games with it. Too early to tell, but it was fun. Especially when we disabled all SA's, bumped speed up to 110, and strafe acceleration to 130. A classic playlist would be awesome.

If they made a permanent (2v2) classic playlist with settings like that, I would play nothing else. It would be the only doubles playlist worthwhile so far.

I knew they would fuck up...LOL......sigh. The game has dedicated servers...make the gun projectile. A hit-scan 3sk gun is dumb.

TBH I was waiting for you to post and complain about it. No offense to you or anything, but I knew someone would fill the role, and that role happened to be filled with you. You can't emulate a whole game with a pistol on a totally different engine. :o

• Upvote (+1) 2

So frustrating dealing with the aiming in this game, I just can't get used to it. All of my confidence is gone, I used to be able to contest anybody I played with in Halo. Now, it's a struggle to move my sticks in any direction sometimes. 

I know I have fast reaction times because I test that (much faster than average) and I can hold my own in any fast paced PC game, it's the damn controls of H5 that are killing me. Idk, I'm just ranting after some bad games where I played worse than I ever have in Halo. 

I can play my PC FPS games and do exactly what I want to and at a much faster pace and feel 100% in control of my actions, then I go play Halo 5 and it feels so fucking unnatural I don't even know why I continue at this point. 

Turn your acceleration up to 4. See if that helps. I was having the same problem playing on 3, 2, and 1. Then I moved to 4 and my shot's improved a lot.

So frustrating dealing with the aiming in this game, I just can't get used to it. All of my confidence is gone, I used to be able to contest anybody I played with in Halo. Now, it's a struggle to move my sticks in any direction sometimes.

I know I have fast reaction times because I test that (much faster than average) and I can hold my own in any fast paced PC game, it's the damn controls of H5 that are killing me. Idk, I'm just ranting after some bad games where I played worse than I ever have in Halo.

I can play my PC FPS games and do exactly what I want to and at a much faster pace and feel 100% in control of my actions, then I go play Halo 5 and it feels so fucking unnatural I don't even know why I continue at this point.

The best I could do to make the aim feel as good as possible was by setting my acceleration to 1. It effectively gets rid of aim acceleration altogether because it accelerates so slow that I'm turned around before any acceleration kicks in. But yeah, it still feels wonky. Find a setting and don't change it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Turn your acceleration up to 4. See if that helps. I was having the same problem playing on 3, 2, and 1. Then I moved to 4 and my shot's improved a lot.

The best I could do to make the aim feel as good as possible was by setting my acceleration to 1. It effectively gets rid of aim acceleration altogether because it accelerates so slow that I'm turned around before any acceleration kicks in. But yeah, it still feels wonky. Find a setting and don't change it

I've tried so many variations of these things. For awhile I find one that feels okay and then out of the blue, it starts to feel absolutely terrible again. Idk

Meanwhile, I've been using the same dpi and 360 distance on my PC for 5 or 6 years with no issues whatsoever. 

Well, in my 2nd game of Grifball I got 80 kills lmao. But I have to say that the melees are SOOOOOOOOOO damn inconsistent. Sometimes you lunge with the hammer (and get delayed melees) , other times you just swing normally. And holding the ball kinda blows because the melee range and speed are very weird. A lot of times you can't even punch a guy that lunged at you.

But THE DAMN TRADES ARE ANNOYING. Every other 1v1 is a trade (or a teammate punching you in the back but that's the game.)

Also, bomb guy jump thrusting to the base is too good because vertical aiming is shit.

But at least it felt like a social game. So there's one plus.

Or turn it to 5 on 10 sensitivity for MAX POWER

I'm beginning to wonder if Grifball shoulder charges do count and are just not showing correctly in the kill feed, as we gained 150+ since my post yesterday morning and it has since jumped several positions in the list.

hah, the K/D Padders are out in force in the Assault playist.

Some guy went 53 and 17, also tried multiple times to steal assasinations.. With 4 Seconds of ball hold time.

In a game that went into overtime and then finished after overtime had done.

343, remove MMR and remove the stat tracking so that it isn't used to pad stats.

Gotta get that K/D up for that internal ego. Cuz u gotta make sure when someone checks ur profile (which is basically never) they see "omg this guy is a 2.0k/d he's MLG" 

Can't believe they added new colors then proceeded to get rid of more. Like what the hell. They were ALREADY in the game. Why take them out?

I'm salty cuz I've always rocked gold/white or black/gold. Now I'm stuck with these pasty yellows. Guess I'm going purple..

There is no perfect combination for correcting the aiming issue. It's just fucked. I went back to MCC today and the aiming felt silky smooth. I felt like I could 1v1 everybody. In H5 I stay clear of any 1 on 1 situation unless I know the opposing player is 1 or 2 shots down. It's fucked having to play like this.

• Upvote (+1) 7

So apparently you can get outside of the Grifball rink, and there is a chain gun out there that you can use to spawn kill people... like why would Nokyard even put that out there???

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/711bcff9-9de9-4326-86a3-cf0eed47e876/players/ronny%20ramrod?gameHistoryMatchIndex=4&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

There is no perfect combination for correcting the aiming issue. It's just fucked. I went back to MCC today and the aiming felt silky smooth. I felt like I could 1v1 everybody. In H5 I stay clear of any 1 on 1 situation unless I know the opposing player is 1 or 2 shots down. It's fucked having to play like this.

Felt the same way before the aiming update. Then I set my acc to 1, my sens to 3, and deadzones to 0/0. It felt great for a couple months. Then about a week ago I felt like I couldn't hit a shot and went through a crisis trying out every single combination of acc and sens I could find in pro streamers' settings, Twitter, etc. I eventually just bought a new controller and tried 3 sens 1 acc again and it felt amazing. My only advice is to find what works for you as a player and then never change it. If it starts feeling weird blame the controller or server connection and stick to your settings.

i know exactly what you mean. It's like master chief's arms are in a cast while aiming

the game is laggy as hell now. i'll blame the update for today, hopefully it wont last

Yeah man, 4v4 games with the CE pistol would be way too hectic, it's too easy to use for its' 3sk kill time. Probably works nicely for 2v2s though

I don't think I agree man. I don't think it's any easier or more difficult to use than the H5 magnum, it's just got better range and kill time. I could just be really bad though.

I was averaging just below 70% accuracy with the pistol yesterday. There is absolutely nothing broken with the aiming, the sensitivity curves are just different to previous Halos. I have no idea why they changed them but they did.

I just signed in to say that each new map that comes out for this game is worse than the last. Playing them literally gives me cancer. I used to hate playing Arena because of breakout, now I hate it because of Overgrowth/Riptide/Torque.

Got stomped and blaming it on the new map?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

TBH I was waiting for you to post and complain about it. No offense to you or anything, but I knew someone would fill the role, and that role happened to be filled with you. You can't emulate a whole game with a pistol on a totally different engine. :o

Wait....so you're gonna sit there and tell me they can't make the gun a projectile weapon? That's what you're telling me. They can't flick that switch in the code that makes it projectile? I'm talking about one gun here, not trying to port the entire halo 1 into halo 5, one gun....and because of the engine, 343 doesnt have the tools to make it projectile based instead of hitscan?

cool..

• Upvote (+1) 8