CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Bruh even I can admit the 5 shot pistol in H5 takes hella skill

Yeah, nah. Magnetism out the wazoo, even Reach's ZB precision weapons are harder to use. I've said this before, If the game had a good aiming system, every gun in the game would be the easist in the series barring Halo 2.

Are they scared it would outclass their magnum?

Sure as hell does so now. Even so, that's a pretty shitty assumption, given they made the Whispered Truth which literally shits on the CE Magnum by being a two shot kill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, nah. Magnetism out the wazoo, even Reach's ZB precision weapons are harder to use. I've said this before, If the game had a good aiming system, every gun in the game would be the easist in the series barring Halo 2.

I still can't find controller settings that I'm comfortable with, I switch it up every other day.

I just signed in to say that each new map that comes out for this game is worse than the last.  Playing them literally gives me cancer. I used to hate playing Arena because of breakout, now I hate it because of Overgrowth/Riptide/Torque.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I may only have a small sample size, but I absolutely hate Assault.  It's just an AR fest, so damn annoying.

I think it may have something to do with me lagging like crazy for about a week after every update, but so far it's shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sure as hell does so now. Even so, that's a pretty shitty assumption, given they made the Whispered Truth which literally shits on the CE Magnum by being a two shot kill.

they didn't make whispered truth a usable weapon outside of warzone though.

Why is there no dedicated HCS/HWC playlist? It's really starting to make me not want to play this game at all. The only playlist I play is Team Arena and they keep adding random gametypes and maps to it. Not to mention the insane weighting they put on the new maps. I've gotten torque 3/4 times. I have literally 0 interest in playing any map or gametypes that aren't on the hwc circuit and a lot of the people I play with feel the same way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The shots to kill isnt what i'm saying would make it better than the current magnum. I'm talking about the skill of the h1 pistol (projectile based, 3sk, shot lead) in it's true form would completely shit on the current h5 magnum. The whispered Truth is another simple to use gun that does nothing for competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo 5 at release: best dedicated servers I've played on.

Halo 5 now: worst dedicated servers I've played on.

It's been a slow and steady decline since release.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Things that have happened since I installed the update:

1) Game crashed once. Players started walking into walls but I wouldn't lag out in 2 games. (I play on a 1gig connection and never lag out).

2) Of 3 games with overshield I played, the OS glitched twice. (Empire and Regret)

3) Aiming feels like absolute trash.

The updates are actually making this game worse. You can't make this shit up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Things that have happened since I installed the update:

1) Game crashed once. Players started walking into walls but I wouldn't lag out in 2 games. (I play on a 1gig connection and never lag out).

2) Of 3 games with overshield I played, the OS glitched twice. (Empire and Regret)

3) Aiming feels like absolute trash.

The updates are actually making this game worse. You can't make this shit up.

I noticed the aiming feels different as well.

This game is really becoming hard to play.

Since the January update, the servers have been wonky, both in game and out of game.

It takes forever to find a game sometimes. I search Arena for numerous minutes just so I can get some horrible gametype that isn't even in HCS (stormrifletide, overgrowth). Today I got Fathom Bomb which could've been fun but I spawned on the enemy team's side of the map twice. Why do I search this playlist if this is what I can expect?  Then the game is a little bit laggy. I never used to lag before that update. Then when I manage to win a game, in spite of mic-less teammates, I don't even rank up because the enemy team had <Onyx 1700s. Why would I want to play in a game where wins might not matter but losses always take me down?

Before the Riptide update, I used to have a lot of fun with this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why isn't the HCE pistol projectile based?.

There are so many crazy warzone weapons that they obviously put massive amounts of work into but you're telling me they couldn't make the pistol projectile based?

Why even release it? They should have waited until it was made correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Theory: Microsoft shut down half the servers due to lower than anticipated population.

Reality: ?

Why does Assault have a 40m radar? wtf?

It doesn't. That's a JIP bug that's been around for a while and that I reported multiple times  <_<

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was playing some Arena yesterday and it seems like they fucked up the spawns on some maps. But they definitly did on Truth where you now spawn in the enemy base half of the time when a flag is pulled. Played Truth CTF against @@Nabster (gg) and it was a horrible experience with these spawns. (kinda like Coliseum last update)

The ranking system is so frustrating though. I won five games in a row and in 3 of them I didn't gain any rank at all. Played against Onyx 1800+ players and won't even rank up :/ Some of those games were close as hell including a comeback of 60+ points when the enemy had 96 already, a 100-99 SH game and a close 3-2 overtime CTF game. This needs a fix ASAP, not ranking up for such games while knowing I would rank down -20 makes me not want to play it anymore.

Aaaaaand I finally got my Orange colour back baby :)

I really enjoy assault and grifball to be honest. I was really hoping for new game modes and so far I really enjoy how both of them play. I can't wait to watch some Pro scrims with assault. 

It doesn't. That's a JIP bug that's been around for a while and that I reported multiple times  <_<

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Gives quite an advantage when it happens. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. I mean, how the hell does something like that even happen? lol