CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I like it.  Very hectic.  Fast paced objective.  I am looking forward to seeing it play professionally. 

Does anyone know if they are adding it to the HCS?  I guess maybe once the championship is done?

Yup, will be added after HWC.

We just had the biggest tournament in Halo history with radar on. They aren't going to change the damn starting weapon next tournament.

The light rifle is the best starting weapon by a mile. Ideally, the pistol would behave like the light rifle and remain a 5sk unscoped, but become a 4sk when scoped in. Increase the zoom so people only zoom at long ranges.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'm loading all the maps right now to see if there are more changes. Doubt they changed any of the HWC-used maps but Overgrowth and Riptide updates are HUGE

Does anyone know if they are adding it to the HCS?  I guess maybe once the championship is done?

Yeah, I'm assuming that after worlds they'll completely revamp the map/gametype rotation ... probably not before, though who knows.  If they were going to do it, sooner would be better than later

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Sword on Overgrowth replaced with Needler (Slayer + Strongholds)
  • SPNKr replaces Plasma Caster on Overgrowth Strongholds
  • Splinters moved slightly to reduce Mid nadespam
  • Fuel Rod removed from Riptide, Hydra moved from Blue to Fuel Rod Spawn

These updates are lit hot damn

• Upvote (+1) 8

lol I instinctively lead my shots sometimes with the CE pistol still. This happening to anyone else?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wish they would include this stuff in patch notes and not ghost them in there. 

The way map files work aren't tied to Title Updates, but it is weird that they rolled them out hour later.

It's not the CE Pistol, so realize that right now. It's not ever going to be as difficult to use as long as it's hitscan. But what it does for the pacing of the game is incredible. Over the last several hours of playing 2's, I don't think I ever switched out to the AR a single time (or anyone in the lobby), never cared to pick up a BR/DMR, and every forge map played infinitely better.

This is the kind of change h5 needs. Replacing the H5 pistol with the CE pistol seems to carry more benefit than detriment.

• Upvote (+1) 3

lol I instinctively lead my shots sometimes with the CE pistol still. This happening to anyone else?

I just end up having a bit of a mini-heart attack every time I spot someone.

@@Sal1ent would you please upvote/downvote this post to let us know that you're aware that there are peeps out there who would love a classic Sniper like Halo 3's in H5 down the line?

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Sal1ent would you at least upvote/downvote this post to let us know that you're aware that there are peeps out there who would love a classic Sniper like Halo 3's in H5?

I don't think it's physically possible for 343 to make a weapon challenging to aim.

I don't think it's physically possible for 343 to make a weapon challenging to aim.

That's why they made it hard to aim in general! It all makes sense now.

its hitscan? wtf

Magnum is WAY too easy to use. This thing would be OP as fuck in a top level 4v4 game. I knew it'd be nothing but a 3 shot H5 BR with a pistol skin. Gun aim's its self. It is pretty dope though. 

I knew they would fuck up...LOL......sigh. The game has dedicated servers...make the gun projectile. A hit-scan 3sk gun is dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I knew they would fuck up...LOL......sigh. The game has dedicated servers...make the gun projectile. A hit-scan 3sk gun is dumb.

for casuals

Bruh even I can admit the 5 shot pistol in H5 takes hella skill

for casuals

don't make excuses for their incompetence. The H2 BR is exactly like it was. The Hammer looks to be exactly like it was. The Spnkr is exactly like it was. Why is the h1 pistol not getting the same treatment? Are they scared it would outclass their magnum?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bruh even I can admit the 5 shot pistol in H5 takes hella skill

Only because aiming is like trying to skate on ice now.

• Upvote (+1) 1