CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

Classic Helioskrill in REQ system...  Ready to feast on the tears of Waypoint users?

As someone who legitamently earned Helioskrill, I'm oddly ok with this.

Their intention was to make a Warzone power weapon, not an actual CE pistol

Ah, not to sound negative but pretty stupid then imo. Guessing a large chunk of warzone players won't even know what it is.

Their intention was to make a Warzone power weapon, not an actual CE pistol

Have they said this?

As someone who legitamently earned Helioskrill, I'm oddly ok with this.

Yea I had it back before beta, and when I look at people crying on waypoint... 9/10 it's someone who just got it and was carried through coop.

Of course, not starting yet. Gotta wait for Savery and a decent amount of players

Invite please bb

Assault is pretty fun, definitely nice to have a new game type, but I still can't get over the way the game plays. This just doesn't feel like Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Magnum is WAY too easy to use. This thing would be OP as fuck in a top level 4v4 game. I knew it'd be nothing but a 3 shot H5 BR with a pistol skin. Gun aim's its self. It is pretty dope though. 

The CE pistol is a pickup on Recurve now. Did they add it to any other BTB maps or was that the only one?

I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but the screen goes dark when looking at other players' stats. I'm not liking it.

ffs, is it easy to use or not?

are there two diff versions of the gun?

Oh really.

How difficult is it to use? I personally haven't tested it out yet but some people in here are saying it's too easy to use. Could you post some clips of you using it against players that are strafing?

I don't know man..  The M6D being hitscan is probably not a good idea for a starting weapon.  It's insanely strong and easy to use.

And this is coming from a guy who has the M6D in his damn avatar lol

Upload some gameplay? 

It's not the CE Pistol, so realize that right now.  It's not ever going to be as difficult to use as long as it's hitscan.  But what it does for the pacing of the game is incredible.  Over the last several hours of playing 2's, I don't think I ever switched out to the AR a single time (or anyone in the lobby), never cared to pick up a BR/DMR, and every forge map played infinitely better.  Keep in mind I'm not playing vanilla w/pistols.  I changed the health settings to make the CE Pistol a 6 body shot kill instead of 5, which is much needed. It also has much more range than the H5 pistol, which means you can actually put pressure cross map.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MultiLockOn/video/15118470

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MultiLockOn/video/15118510

• Upvote (+1) 6

The CE pistol is a pickup on Recurve now. Did they add it to any other BTB maps or was that the only one?

I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but the screen goes dark when looking at other players' stats. I'm not liking it.

Really?  Where's it located?  Might have to play some BTB later lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sucks reading about this update and not being able to actually play it until Friday. I really wanna try out the CE pistol. Oh and see if I like Torque and Assault.

I've played on a cali server for the past 8 out of 10 games and it is annoying. My aim feels even more sluggish and everybody lags everywhere.

And I just played another game where the OS was glitched and nobody could pick it up.

@

Classic Helioskrill in REQ system...  Ready to feast on the tears of Waypoint users?

Get the buckets ready. I'm willing to feast on them. I've also realized how un-frustrated I am at this, despite saying I would be. XP I don't know WHY but I just don't give a slight shit that this is in normal REQ's for now.

I really, really like Assault. The changes they've made to the ball carrier make it so much better imo. Carrying the bomb was just a chore in previous games but it's actually quite fun now. Using the double thrust to juke people is awesome and the melee crunch is just so damn satisfying.

The maps seem super solid for it as well. Torque is really good.

@

As someone who grinded the fuck out of all four campaigns on Legendary before the Halo 5 Beta, this genuinely pisses me off.  They may as well put Achilles into the REQ system now.  Helioskrill was the one cosmetic customization option in the game that actually required some effort and accomplishment on the player's part so doing this devalues the shit out of the armor.  Couldn't they have at least made it so only the shaded variants of Helioskrill were in the REQ system and the OG version was still tied to the MCC? At least that way there'd still be a modicum of uniqueness attached to the armor.

• Upvote (+1) 3