CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

im upset because other than the map, they are not evolving the game whatsoever. they're slapping clever titles to their game patches, disguising them as some sort of payback to the community and to be honest, the new maps so far have been recycled existing maps, so those are nothing more than someone going into forge rearranging pieces.

almost five months of the game being out and nothing fundamentally has changed with this game.

Really? 

Also why should something have to fundamentally change? We're getting more content, we don't need the game to change.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

im upset because other than the map, they are not evolving the game whatsoever. they're slapping clever titles to their game patches, disguising them as some sort of payback to the community and to be honest, the new maps so far have been recycled existing maps, so those are nothing more than someone going into forge rearranging pieces.

almost five months of the game being out and nothing fundamentally has changed with this game.

If you're waiting for the game to change you're going to be disappointed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're waiting for the game to change you're going to be disappointed.

nothings changed, feelings-wise, since halo 3.

i enjoy some halo 5, but it's just really frustrating to see the potential just sit there wasting time to be great.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Way better than Overgrowth/Riptide

Honestly not sure I've even played those maps as Halo 5 can't seem to keep my attention for very long.

Really?

Also why should something have to fundamentally change? We're getting more content, we don't need the game to change.

so the game is fine as is? just keep churning out maps skins?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not surprising.

I assume if I want to be part of the elitist CE squad, I need to call it Combat Evolved?

Not surprising.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Honestly not sure I've even played those maps as Halo 5 can't seem to keep my attention for very long.

Spoiler alert: Dont play them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You probably have, since is extremely weighted in matchmaking.

so the game is fine as is? just keep churning out maps skins?

well, no, obviously it needs some more modes and playlists changes, probably some weapon rebalancing, but what you're REALLY upset about is that it's not being instantly transformed into what you think is the platonic ideal of the One True Halo, which resembles a combination of something you actually played when you were younger and something you think you played 

which is fine!  I get wanting that.  That's cool!  But lots of people enjoy the game and don't think it needs a drastic revision like that, and they're not stupid or brainwashed or whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I assume if I want to be part of the elitist CE squad, I need to call it Combat Evolved?

Not surprising.

Well I can see where this is going.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

well, no, obviously it needs some more modes and playlists changes, probably some weapon rebalancing, but what you're REALLY upset about is that it's not being instantly transformed into what you think is the platonic ideal of the One True Halo, which resembles a combination of something you actually played when you were younger and something you think you played

which is fine! I get wanting that. That's cool! But lots of people enjoy the game and don't think it needs a drastic revision like that, and they're not stupid or brainwashed or whatever.

not stupid, correct, but most definitely misled and meanwhile us core fans get the shaft.

it's like vinyl vs spotify. i know i can get easy access to my fav music via spotify because its super convenient, but when i want real quality sound, i drop the needle on a vinyl and soak in all that is great about that raw sound.

Halo 5 is basically spotify, in its current form. It could be great, but for whatever reason it's being held back.

as for i think i played? i know i played it.

go play hce on mcc, its all there. sadly the connection garbage prevents me from enjoying it on a consistent basis.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Not surprising.

No its just not surprising that you call it something that seems strange to me as our opinions on things don't seem to match often.

Been playing oddball doubles with CE Pistol starts since the update launched. This ENTIRE game makes so much more sense with this gun, the movement, the melee system, the rest of the automatics, it's like everything is falling into place. I've never had more fun in Halo 5 and all I did was change the gun and make an oddball gametype. It bugs me knowing they'll never use it as the official starting weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No its just not surprising that you call it something that seems strange to me as our opinions on things don't seem to match often.

I tend not to call it CE either but only cause I'm typically playing both Combat Evolved and Custom Edition.

not stupid, correct, but most definitely misled and meanwhile us core fans get the shaft.

it's like vinyl vs spotify. i know i can get easy access to my fav music via spotify because its super convenient, but when i want real quality sound, i drop the needle on a vinyl and soak in all that is great about that raw sound.

Halo 5 is basically spotify, in its current form. It could be great, but for whatever reason it's being held back.

go play hce on mcc, its all there. sadly the connection garbage prevents me from enjoying it on a consistent basis.

so wait

if someone enjoys halo 5 in its current form

or feels generally positive about the game

they're "misled"?

Jesus christ Assault is frustrating to play solo, people have no idea what they are doing.

Been playing oddball doubles with CE Pistol starts since the update launched. This ENTIRE game makes so much more sense with this gun, the movement, the melee system, the rest of the automatics, it's like everything is falling into place. I've never had more fun in Halo 5 and all I did was change the gun and make an oddball gametype. It bugs me knowing they'll never use it as the official starting weapon.

ffs, is it easy to use or not?

are there two diff versions of the gun?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Jesus christ Assault is frustrating to play solo, people have no idea what they are doing.

is it its own playlist?

"Core fans"? What the fuck does that mean. Every. Single. Person on this thread IS a core fan.

Oh really.

so wait

if someone enjoys halo 5 in its current form

or feels generally positive about the game

they're "misled"?

in my opinion yes. there's a lot of untapped potential that's easy fixes tocmake the game more skill demanding and competitive.

right now its flag football, it's not full contact just yet.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

is it its own playlist?

Yeah it has its own social playlist and I believe it is in Team Arena too