CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

without competitive viability, what's the point?

So people can spawn with it in Warzone and complain when they die with it 6 seconds later.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

fb1cc4d60e193adfcccc6e518130012c.pngabf6a546d8bdfb7849475f77136b2dc8.png

Not like this...

Oh god that is going to annoy me forever. At least replace "one" with "CE" 343 you can't be forgetting the name of the first game of the franchise you're developing. Plus the fact that they spelled out "one" where on the H2 BR its just a 2 boggles the mind.

without competitive viability, what's the point?

I don't know, people enjoying the weapon for its legacy and fun? Holy hell, I swear some of you guys must assume that sweaty MLG tryhards are the only people that play this game.

fb1cc4d60e193adfcccc6e518130012c.pngabf6a546d8bdfb7849475f77136b2dc8.png

Not like this...

1th

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seriously. Who even calls it Halo one?

I call it Halo 1. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

if i want hce, ill go play hce. what i want is a proper core. halo game.

kinda why i stopped buying nintendo after n64, they strayed from the core, and the wii u isnt the answer.

ive come to the realization tho that a proper core. mario bros game isnt gonna happen.

Random post to reply to but I'm praying this next Nintendo console the "NX" or w/e turns out to be a return to N64 form to match today's standards. I totally expect a letdown though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I call it Halo 1. 

Halo 1 > Halo One

EDIT: perhaps 343 is working on "Halo One", a remastered version of Halo 1 for Xbox One and we just don't know about it... SIKE

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why not give it a special name like Prophet's Bane? Differentiate it from what the CE magnum is, since this clearly isn't it, and call it the Keyes to the kingdom or something clever? It's a legendary after all.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's not about a classic type halo drawing older fans back. It's about classic Halo gameplay which is unique, refreshing and fantastic being able to attract more new players than what we have now.

That's exactly my point. It would have to be able to attract new fans to be successful in the current market dominated by COD and modern shooters. Until we have another classic Halo game we won't know that. 

Null?

What?

A new map. Two new game modes. 2 new weapons. New reqs.

Sure the two game modes and the hammer arguably should have been there at launch but even excluding that it's still a cool update.

Hell I remember being so hyped for free cold storage in h3. That was just 1 map.

yes, null.

jesus man, you've fallen into their 343 brainwashing.

hell, if 343 say their winter content release will be called phantom surprise, now youll get to play a new mode called phantom swords where everyone is camouflaged and spawn with a sword...you'll consider that new content?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

yes, null.

jesus man, you've fallen into their 343 brainwashing.

hell, if 343 say their winter content release will be called phantom surprise, now youll get to play a new mode called phantom swords where everyone is camouflaged and spawn with a sword...you'll consider that new content?

A new map. That is not a remix. That is new content.

I don't get why you're upset.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A new map. That is not a remix. That is new content.

I don't get why you're upset.

im upset because other than the map, they are not evolving the game whatsoever. they're slapping clever titles to their game patches, disguising them as some sort of payback to the community and to be honest, the new maps so far have been recycled existing maps, so those are nothing more than someone going into forge rearranging pieces.

almost five months of the game being out and nothing fundamentally has changed with this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

im upset because other than the map, they are not evolving the game whatsoever. they're slapping clever titles to their game patches, disguising them as some sort of payback to the community and to be honest, the new maps so far have been recycled existing maps, so those are nothing more than someone going into forge rearranging pieces.

almost five months of the game being out and nothing fundamentally has changed with this game.

3 months and 27 days  :kappa:

What kind of fundamental changes are you expecting before the end of HWC season 1?

Suppose the only thing to say is at least its free. Most of the new content if it was pushed out by "other developers" would probably chuck all this stuff into a DLC pack for £10/$15/adjust currency to the region. Although they're little, enjoy its free.

almost...

Almost 4 

But seriously, what kind of fundamental changes were you expecting before the end of HWC season 1? They are not going to rebalance the sandbox until then