CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This gun is beyond easy to use. No joke when I say getting a 3sk even with really good thrust cancel use is far too easy

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm just going to quote myself here.

I didn't get. my. hopes up, hell i didn't even knkw it was really coming... not sire what the purpose is of it to begin with... is it. basically a auto aimed 3sk?

Assuming it's in chronological order, Ghosts of Meridian is next. I'm betting on Infection and proper carnage reports/post-game medals.

I would assume that would come with the "Memories of Reach" update ;)

That would really be the time to overhaul some of the menus.

This gun is beyond easy to use. No joke when I say getting a 3sk even with really good thrust cancel use is far too easy

lol...

probably designed intended

I would say I'm heartbroken to hear how easy the CE magnum is, but I expected as much. As soon as Quinn confirmed it was hitscan i knew the dream was dead. :\

• Upvote (+1) 2

The closest you're probably gonna get is DECIMATOR. 

Don't joke with me, that thing is UGLY

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought we were all supposed to get this true light emblem?

Emblems and all other REQs won't be available until later. 

so are assault/grifball actually in matchmaking or will 90% of the population never play it

Don't joke with me, that thing is UGLY

I'm not joking with you.

Disappointed in the purples. They aren't purple at all. Fucking god dammit.

I like them. Can tell the two differing hues apart with ease. Pretty happy I don't need to use a pink-ish color as "purple" anymore.

Sitri and I will probably test everything out when I get home (bullet msg, auto aim, etc) if anyone needs frame data I can maybe ask a friend to do it for me. Anything else to really test besides bullet mag and auto aim?

I'll save you the trouble... Bullet Mag on HCE magnum is ridiculous.

It was designed as a Warzone REQ weapon. Isn't the CE Pistol by default a difficult weapon to use?

Why would they make it difficult to use intentionally? It's meant to be powerful as shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so like

everyone here realizes there are at least a few people who like balanced, arena-style halo that don't want an exact replica of halo: ce's multiplayer, right?

like there are some people who don't think that's like the Ultimate Virtue

• Upvote (+1) 3

so like

everyone here realizes there are at least a few people who like balanced, arena-style halo that don't want an exact replica of halo: ce's multiplayer, right?

like there are some people who don't think that's like the Ultimate Virtue

Like totes

if i want hce, ill go play hce. what i want is a proper core. halo game.

kinda why i stopped buying nintendo after n64, they strayed from the core, and the wii u isnt the answer.

ive come to the realization tho that a proper core. mario bros game isnt gonna happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah, feels good to be back.

I am amused by the shitfest y'all made over a comment than promptly deleted all the posts...no one was being overly assholeish....not sure why that shit was removed

Very pleased with the update but annoyed at the pistol's easy as fuck aiming. You can't tell me they went through all this trouble to make the pistol like the OG one and remove its most important factor - its difficulty.

It was designed as a Warzone REQ weapon. Isn't the CE Pistol by default a difficult weapon to use?

Why would they make it difficult to use intentionally? It's meant to be powerful as shit.

I had this thought when I saw it was a Power Weapon initially. They need to justify people spending REQ pts on it.

inb4 THE REQ SYSTEM RUINED THE HCE MAGNUM.

I'm not sure what you mean by this post. It is supposed to be difficult by default because it's powerful. That's a great way to balance a weapon. I find it makes less sense to make the weapon very easy to use, very powerful, but balance it by requiring a high REQ level to call one in. Is the weapon now fair because you have to call it in later in the game?

Surely you can understand why people are disappointed that the CE pistol does not function like a CE pistol.  I guess I'd rather it just be some variant of the regular pistol. I'm just confused by this and I feel we'll never know the thought process that went into this decision.

So as to make an accurate representation of the Halo:CE magnum?

Were we expecting too much?

• Upvote (+1) 5

So as to make an accurate representation of the Halo:CE magnum?

Were we expecting too much?

Yes you were.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 6 will be released almost 20 years after Halo CE. The vast majority of the older fans are grown men now, probably with a family and other responsibilities and priorities, and most likely they don't care about video games anymore. Or simply don't have time.

For a classic Halo to be successful today, it can't rely solely on the older fan base. It would also have to cater to the modern and casual audience that usually plays COD, BF and other modern FPS and they have different tastes for games than you. Whether this is possible or not is another discussion.

If you really believe that if the next Halo game is a CE 2, suddenly all of the older fans which are currently grown men or will be by then, will appear from nowhere and start to play and care about Halo and games again, almost 2 decades later, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

It's not about a classic type halo drawing older fans back. It's about classic Halo gameplay which is unique, refreshing and fantastic being able to attract more new players than what we have now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://news.xbox.com/2016/02/24/new-halo-5-guardians-free-content-detailed-as-hammer-storm-launches-today/

just gonna say this, whoever wrote that garbage pr body copy should be fired.

so much fluff written there it's disgusting. id be ashamed of myself as a marketing professional to write that and get away with it.

the clever graphic design timeline isnt fooling me one bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5