CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well. I was invited to it, but my dashboard preview will not launch,and I haven't received the 2 beta codes yet. Idk what is going on with that checked email and messages on xbl... My gt is TERMINATOR SG 1.

1. CE and 2 were good out of the box (after it's patch). 3 had some very minute tweaks.

2. I understand that the Customs people got fucked with 4, but asking to have toggles to change base mechanics is absurd

3. I would want 343 to tweak it in the base game, so that as few things as possible needed to be changed in settings. Only thing I see in H5G so far that "is not competitive" is the Spartan Chatter. Probably one of the most, again, minute things EVER. Gameplay wise, the game does support high level play.

eh, 2 had smg starts and super bounces had to be banned I believe, 3 needed damage changes and movement changes, and a better br would've been awesome. I agree that a base game that is competitive is ideal, I just don't think that being able to make a game more competitive is a bad thing, it's better than having a non competitive game, like Halo 4.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think 343 wants to remove sprint from BTB, and that's where our problem arises. If they don't remove sprint from BTB, then the game still plays around sprint, and Arena would not be able to use the other features like spartan charge and slide. 

I don't think 343 wants to remove sprint from BTB, and that's where our problem arises. If they don't remove sprint from BTB, then the game still plays around sprint, and Arena would not be able to use the other features like spartan charge and slide.

it's like taboo for me, I don't even want to look at it in halo lol.

It will be expensed to 343, but either way it's irrelevant.

Will 343 fund a prize pool in Halo 5. Sure. But they can't host tournaments pro grata indefinitely. Once the viewership dries up (and it will) the money is going away. It's just a matter of time.

Lol the Viewership already dried up went from around 30k for most of the time yesterday to 2800. Thats a huge dip after only one day 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol the Viewership already dried up went from around 30k for most of the time yesterday to 2800. Thats a huge dip after only one day

That's because some extremely popular twitch steamers were playing it....

And it's early access. A very small portion has it.

Nah, on Sunday. Thought it was Sunday over in the states, my bad

Ah okay.

Is there any thread/forum/site with a legitimate discussion/analysis of H5's ranking system (deeper than "omg I'm Gold why am I getting matched with Semi-Pros)? I haven't been following any H5 news, but I'd like to keep tabs on how the ranking system works.

You played H5?

You're the type of person that if H5 failed you would sit there during H6 beta and be like "You played h6 beta?" even though 343i keep fucking up right?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is there any thread/forum/site with a legitimate discussion/analysis of H5's ranking system (deeper than "omg I'm Gold why am I getting matched with Semi-Pros)? I haven't been following any H5 news, but I'd like to keep tabs on how the ranking system works.

Win, go up, lose go down. If you do well, penalty/reward is adjusted based on your score. Quitting is as bad as losing 6 games.

How do people feel about the new sprint mechanics? I think that not having shields recharge while sprinting is good but is it enough? The clamber and built in thruster pack feels like mobility creep if you ask me but I don't know how well it plays so it's hard to say.

You're the type of person that if H5 failed you would sit there during H6 beta and be like "You played h6 beta?" even though 343i keep fucking up right?

Sorry, but who are you? I have shat on Reach and 4 far too many times.

Sorry that I actually enjoy a game. Degen

• Upvote (+1) 7

Problems I see so far

When you jump, hard to aim down

Sprinting still allows you to get away from bad situations

AR too strong

Oops wrong thread

Even though we had beef earlier, this was an accidental neg. Sorry, my man!

9QGaJGN.gif

Yes. Stop being deluded. Maybe not when hip firing but when zooming in the auto aim is huge, from the balcony snipe spawn to top mid on Empire I hardly had to aim my gun.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Win, go up, lose go down. If you do well, penalty/reward is adjusted based on your score. Quitting is as bad as losing 6 games.

I am extremely confused on how you're put into divisions though. I'm in onyx and some of the people I'm playing against have negative k/d's and really bad w/l records yet they're still in onyx.

From what I heard it's very similar to Starcraft 2's ranking system. The SC2 community did a great job of breaking down the specifics of the hidden rating system behind the visible divisions (threads like this and this). I'm just looking for the place where things like that might get discussed for H5 (if it's not on TeamBeyond).

Quitting Penalty is MASSIVE. The game crashed on me (which is fine, its a beta) and it counted as a quit and I dropped an entire Tier of Onyx.

Looking forward to this in the final game. However, there should be a quitting suspension penalty as well. Something along the lines of Quit 3 Games within 30-60 minutes and you get suspended for 1-3 Hours

• Upvote (+1) 2