CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How about we list the pros and cons of the CE Magnum based on facts instead of just pointing fingers and laughing... No? Too much effort?

Ill give you THE reason why 343 will not be replacing their pistol with Bungie's fan favourite.

There, I just gave you the reason

If the HCE pistol actually functions like the HCE pistol and you are not in favor of it being the spawn weapon for competitive settings than your opinion does not matter.

The end

I never knew that ignorance was so popular.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What is happening?

You and me both man.

I'm pretty hyped to try out the CE pistol in competitive play, even not knowing the specifics.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with @@Cursed Lemon's post, the piling on of down-votes was just unnecessary. If you disagree, express it and engage in discussion, but respect the opinion and avoid resorting to a petty ad hominem:

... and you were at best, mediocre at.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not sure what 343's goals for Halo 5 is. If their goal is to make as many weapons as relevant as possible, putting the CE pistol as a starting weapon (assuming it's as powerful as we're assuming) would be a bad idea for 343.

If their goal is to put a twist on Halo CE/Halo 2 gameplay, the CE pistol is the only way to go.

This is a gross understatement of all the arguments. you could make. But I think this is the simplest one, based on 343's current decisions I think the first statement is one of their goals, in which case we will never start with the CE pistol. They don't want oldschool players dominating every tournament with a high-skill based starting weapon and three niche weapons supporting it. They want a sandbox where every map has two to three powerful pick ups, and several mid tier weapons that you grab when you can.

We finally get a fucking LEGIT STARTING WEAPON that can fix the teamshot imbalances that have existed in Halo since 2004

But what then will fix the issue of you believing your subjective opinion regarding team-shooting as law?

I'm pretty hyped to try out the CE pistol in competitive play, even not knowing the specifics.

THIS is a better attitude. Of course we want to try it out!

Simply saying "WE GOOD PUT IT IN ESPORTS" is ignorant, not only because we don't know how it behaves in H5, but also because it is safer and more rational to edit the game as it is rather than recreate it with a new utility weapon.

At the risk of looking like an idiot, Im going to make a prediction here.

Im also not watching the stream yet.

But.. I predict the CE pistol will be 3SK with SLIGHTLY reduced magnetism, but will be hitscan (no lead).

Itll still be way too easy despite its power.

I think a lot of people here are forgetting the CE pistol was hard as fuck to 3 shot with, which is what made the kill times work. Theres NO way 343 make a weapon that comes close to the skill demand the OG pistol had.

Yup, if that's what you want to call it, sure. I firmly believe that the collective of 343 knows what is better for Halo than you do. You and plenty others will disagree with me, but that's quite alright with me. I'd rather them continue with the approach that's been taken with the sandbox and improve and refine it on the principles they have thus far than redirecting resources that will go towards other content to re balance an entire sandbox. To me... that's much better than them recreating a game that a large majority of Halo players no longer identify with and you were at best, mediocre at.

if you wanted to make a game that most player identified with, you would have used BR starts. Not AR / magnum, which is from the game you say no one identifies with...just saying.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes, because the sandbox is so delicately balanced right now. Wouldn't want to overwhelm the perfect AR/Storm Rifle balance we've got going on.

It's balanced and continually being balanced towards a certain identity that 343 has settled on. That direction should not change. I firmly believe automatics will be re balanced in the future, but there's no sense to make changes immediately because of the HWC.

Also, if you think I'm being a jerk fine... I've come here for months listening to people bash friends of mine who have been working their ass off to make Halo 5 the best they possibly can. Calling them idiotic, incompetent, etc. so deal with it.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

That is not the source of your + everyone else's snarky bullshit and you are very well aware of it. 

I'm just not in favour of taking a weapon and making it the starting weapon because it worked great in a game from 2001, especially when we don't even know how it behaves. 

Personally I think we should value the opinions of the people who actually compete in this game about what should and should not be a starting weapon. If the Pros think the CE pistol will lead to better gameplay then sure, make it the starting weapon. If not, keep things how they are.

At the risk of looking like an idiot, Im going to make a prediction here.

Im also not watching the stream yet.

But.. I predict the CE pistol will be 3SK with SLIGHTLY reduced magnetism, but will be hitscan (no lead).

Itll still be way too easy despite its power.

I think a lot of people here are forgetting the CE pistol was hard as fuck to 3 shot with, which is what made the kill times work. Theres NO way 343 make a weapon that comes close to the skill demand the OG pistol had.

Yes, IF it's hitscan/easy then I don't think people would want it. But if it functions very close and has a high skill ceiling then what?

It's balanced and continually being balanced towards a certain identity that 343 has settled on. That direction should not change. I firmly believe automatics will be re balanced in the future, but there's no sense to make changes immediately because of the HWC.

Also, if you think I'm being a jerk fine... I've come here for months listening to people bash friends of mine who have been working their ass off to make Halo 5 the best they possibly can. Calling them idiotic, incompetent, etc.so deal with it.

Why should that direction not change? And it's very arguable that this identity is not true to the Halo formula.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Also, if you think I'm being a jerk fine... I've come here for months listening to people bash friends of mine who have been working their ass off to make Halo 5 the best they possibly can. Calling them idiotic, incompetent, etc.so deal with it.

Guy gets unshackled from being a 343 employ and becomes the biggest dick on team beyond. Didn't see that coming lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 15

My stance:

1) Wait till we see gameplay.

2a) It isn't true to the original and should not be a starting weapon.

2b) It IS true to the original and should be a starting weapon, the pros dramatically outweigh the cons.

Also, @@heytred you sound @@RyanW level dick.

Sorry for being skeptical and actually thinking about the process of this

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, well, guess what. 

Now I get to call Team Beyond a bunch of incompetent morons. 

See? #Balance

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a two way street.

Of course it is. While I can perhaps understand his frustration given that his initial expression of his opinion (which was not stated offensively) was met with a fast pile-on of negative reputation by yourself and others, more polite language could have been used in his later posts.

That does not change what was unnecessary down-voting that is unbecoming a forum environment, where opinions should be discussed with respect, nor does it change was was pretty poor form from @@heytred.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My stance:

1) Wait till we see gameplay.

2a) It isn't true to the original and should not be a starting weapon.

2b) It IS true to the original and should be a starting weapon, the pros dramatically outweigh the cons.

Also, @@heytred you sound @@RyanW level dick.

Heytred is a cool dude, he's just finally free to say what ever is on his mind as he doesn't work at 343 anymore.