CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Spartan IVs don't even compare to Spartan IIs

People don't like SIVs, but they are comparable to SIIs.

Having friendly fire off is really stupid.

Think of it like this you are playing Construct and you are in lobby with 2 teammates and you have rockets and your other teammate is on open street with sniper/br trapping them in Closed.

You can send in one guy to closed to try and get a few shots in while you shoot rockets and the other teammate throws nades, Because friendly fire is off your teammate is not affected by rockets and nades and you can probably get most of them.

Yes that's h3 but think of it like this it just negates making smart plays, if I saw a teammate in a close quarter battle with a member of the opposing team I can just lob a nade or rockets at them killing the other guy but my teammate stays alive. Now try and tell me that friendly fire off is not plain stupid.

Teammates betraying you for power weapons is not a valid excuse to want friendly fire off, that's just players being dickheads.

A proper good booting system being implemented is a far better idea than friendly fire off.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well sadly, In the Spartan Ops, I could totally see team majestic act like this....

It's still ******** and should be updated to something less braindead though.

There are other Fireteams (like Crimson) and Thorne seems like the only guy with a brain in majestic.

If you want to get into the whole "realistic" thing, have you read the books? Cause Spartans in the books sure as shit don't act like that. 

I have read the books, and most Spartan IIs-IIIs have personalities, they just don't act as bro-ish.

The more streams I watch and the more I see clamber in action I just have one thought I keep going back to.

You have to be facing the jump to clamber and it takes you out of combat.

I think what would be way cooler is to move ground pound to a different button in order to bring back crouch jumping, up the jump height and tweak at least some of the platforms so that you could pull off the jumps with a jump crouch but you could also clamber up the jump if you didn't want to worry about trying to time the jump crouch.

That would still allow for skill jumps with the reward of being able to remain ready to shoot and it wouldn't force them to remove a mechanic or make the mechanic useless for all players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The more streams I watch and the more I see clamber in action I just have one thought I keep going back to.

You have to be facing the jump to clamber and it takes you out of combat.

I think what would be way cooler is to move ground pound to a different button in order to bring back crouch jumping, up the jump height and tweak at least some of the platforms so that you could pull off the jumps with a jump crouch but you could also clamber up the jump if you didn't want to worry about trying to time the jump crouch.

That would still allow for skill jumps with the reward of being able to remain ready to shoot and it wouldn't force them to remove a mechanic or make the mechanic useless for all players.

It's still possible to crouch jump and Gandhi hop. You only GP when you are looking down. So sometimes you'll accidentally GP but if you focus you won't accidentally hit it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

does it hurt the game in any way?

It makes it hard to take the game seriously at all. Do the millions of medals and the announcer talking every 2 seconds hurt the game? Technically no, but it sounds more like he's voicing a parody of a Halo game than the actual game itself. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

There are other Fireteams (like Crimson) and Thorne seems like the only guy with a brain in majestic.

I have read the books, and most Spartan IIs-IIIs have personalities, they just don't act as bro-ish.

Aye, But since of SIVs creations, theres chances of more, so we can't exactly say No Spartans act like that...

On the Ranking since i've seen some questions go unanswered about doing good while losing what happens to your points.

Walshy just went 26-9 and lost.  got -85,  out of the streams i've seen, never seen a +points higher then that.

Hello Everyone

I have played about 30 games of this, maybe closer to 50 and I have to say it's excellent.

There are a few things I would like to see:

• Being able to view the post game carnage report after you close it out and while waiting for next game.
  • Better stabilization when trying to back out after a game, at times it prohibits you from backing out.
  • The assault rifle should be lowered just a tad bit at close range, but then possibly raising it just a little at a distance.
  • Boosting the damage of the diving attack
  • A way to check the descriptions of the medals
  • The length of the kill camera, you hardly see much.
  • A way to toggle the jetpack when zoomed in

The good things I definitely like of this game:

• The dual ranking system
  • The abundance of weapons on the map
  • The power weapon callouts
  • The map proportions
  • HUD elements and ammo shows in the zoomed in version of the weapons
  • The removal of Grenade indicators
  • The inability to recharge shields while running
  • The new medals

This game really nails it, I have had a wonderful experience even with only having 2 maps and I play at my brother's house so he can also play. I will update with another thread when I have more to say.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why I would want clamber out of the game is because when you are fighting with you opponent, a good knowledge of the map can make you access to upper position while moving backward by crouch jumping and keep shooting at your opponent.

Again we are talking here about "the immersive gameplay" they want to add, so I'm pretty sceptic about this being removed or tweaked.

Edit: I could see it like an help for people who have issues crouch jumping in regular matchmaking. I also saw a lot of streaming players getting away with this + sprint

Guy on my team was running to a specific person (likely his friend), giving him kills. He went 2-22. Fucking bullshit. We lost the game by 2 kills.

I don't understand how any soldier could act so bro-ish tbh. Gotta be somewhat serious

Guy on my team was running to a specific person (likely his friend), giving him kills. He went 2-22. Fucking bullshit. We lost the game by 2 kills.

That shit is disgusting

I don't understand how any soldier could act so bro-ish tbh. Gotta be somewhat serious

Not if they make the whole "War Games" thing sort of a tv show, it's all about "immersion"... Sadly, I could really see them doing that.

Not if they make the whole "War Games" thing sort of a tv show, it's all about "immersion"... Sadly, I could really see them doing that.

why cant we just have an optional immersion

That shit is disgusting

The thing is, is his friend his personal slave or something? Who the fuck agrees to that?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I miss when the announcer would just get right into announcing the multi kills. Taking ten seconds to say "overkill" because he's busy spewing so much other nonsense takes away some of the satisfaction.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I played the game 3 hours today.

Things i Dislike:

- Flinching and camara movement while being shot, is just way too high and adds unnecesary randomness.

- Thruster cooldown is way too low.

Things i Like.

- A lot of map movement posibilities due to clamber, 

- Shot registration is very good

- There isnt that much aim assist, or at least it seem very hard to shoot while being shot, i dont know if that is the flinch or that the aim assist is lower.

- Really like the kill times, with all the weapons

- Really like that the weapons feel diferent and they dont overlap.

And im having fun, its been a while since i had fun playing halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1