CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sunaion is the Covenant city.

Shit, I meant the human settlement. I got it confused because I was looking through the mission lists for the Blue Team level's name (which incidentally, is Blue Team).

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the subject of art design, here's an article about a weapon artist in the industry:

http://80.lv/articles/creating-highly-detailed-weapons-for-games/

Here's a little excerpt I'd like 343 to read:

Is there functional logic to sci-fi modeling? There damn well should be. Too often you see details in sci-fi art that is just slapped together to look cool. Pointless greeble added without specific intentions. I’ve heard this described as “shotgunning” detail onto models. I like that term. Sci-fi still needs to be grounded in reality, and the reality is every single detail on real-world weapons (or anything) is there for a reason. There are aesthetic details of course but they tend to be limited, angular or cosmetic in practice. Aesthetics are where the shape language comes in. Every fine detail should always have a purpose. The “rule of cool” has limits in my opinion.

Screws fasten panels. Bolts hold together frames. Wires supply power and transfer data between components that need to communicate. Holes and vents dissipate heat. Recessions reduce weight. Rounded surfaces serve the ergonomics. Rough areas give the user more grip. Extrusions provide added support strength. Paneling outlines the manufacturing/assembly process. Lights display information to the shooter. And so on. These are just examples, but the key is to give value to everything. Real world weapons don’t have details that serve no purpose, it just wastes money in the manufacturing process and will likely reduce efficiency in one way or another.

Bungie of course added a bunch of unnecessary details as well (like that random line of triangles that run along the length of the DMR), but it really feels like 343 goes overboard with every asset. Speaking of the DMR, it's pretty hilarious how the H4/5 DMR actually lacks an ejection port, which is a PRETTY important component for semi-automatic firearms.

• Upvote (+1) 7

On the subject of art design, here's an article about a weapon artist in the industry:

http://80.lv/articles/creating-highly-detailed-weapons-for-games/

Here's a little excerpt I'd like 343 to read:

Bungie of course added a bunch of unnecessary details as well (like that random line of triangles that run along the length of the DMR), but it really feels like 343 goes overboard with every asset. Speaking of the DMR, it's pretty hilarious how the H4/5 DMR actually lacks an ejection port, which is a PRETTY important component for semi-automatic firearms.

that was a design on the br as well, you could just assume the receiver was stamped that way or something. Yeah the ejection port omission is pretty dumb, as someone who is into firearms, it makes me a bit queasy....

• Upvote (+1) 2

"social slayer"!....

........with JiP and shit teammates against a team of Onyx 1600+'s

Thanks 343.

ebd39b2d34.png

4dab30de5d.png

Can somebody elaborate on this for me? Is there sense to this?

"social slayer"!....

Thanks 343.

I matched up against a team and they were slaughtering us (obviously) so I quit out (again, social slayer) and was banned. Don't even remember the last time I quit.

Why 343, why?

• Upvote (+1) 4

ebd39b2d34.png

4dab30de5d.png

Can somebody elaborate on this for me? Is there sense to this?

mental gymnast level 100

"social slayer"!....

Thanks 343.

What's worse social still has a rating so if you're getting matched with high onyx you're more than likely onyx too until the next social playlist  :uncledrew:  

What's worse social still has a rating so if you're getting matched with high onyx you're more than likely onyx too until the next social playlist  :uncledrew:  

tumblr_moz1vgeSbm1qhtij5o1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really want 343 to make an actual social playlist, I'm tired of getting matched against teams when searching solo along with this strict MMR

• Upvote (+1) 2

Coming up on 4 months after launch and still no community playlists with forge maps.

Is this something that takes along time or something?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It looks like it's designed to sell Megabloks, I much prefer to old art style where the UNSC was jagged, dull and rigid, whereas the Covenant was bright, curved and colourful. It was a fantastic contrast. I get that they wanted to make the forerunner stuff jagged and angular now, but I feel that's a poor excuse to ruin the gorgeous UNSC look in Halo CE,2,3 and Reach.

Now it feels like:

"Hey we have so many polygons we can make all the corners curved!"

"Great idea, guy! Let's do that"

New Mombasa architecture pls (or even New Alexandria, that had curved walls but still managed to fit in the human aesthetic)

I will admit the new Scorpion is extremely delicious.

Sooooo 343 changes shit for merchandise purposes. 343 is George Lucas confirmed.

Where is all the money from Gold Memberships going Microsoft?

Because it sure as hell isn't going into the Bloody Xbox Live servers. I mean, I didn't want to use the service we pay for anyway.

F**k us.

Stream tomorrow? I didn't realize this. Does this mean the update will be out this week? I would assume yes because it is usually on a friday. 

no Reqs no Problem.

41 and 14 in Warzone with AR/Magnum. Outshooting BR guys at the BR's range.

Oceanic Warzone Kiddies be bad.

Stream tomorrow? I didn't realize this. Does this mean the update will be out this week? I would assume yes because it is usually on a friday. 

I would assume so. Maybe Friday. Ugh, Friday would be PERFECT. At the latest, next Monday.