CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If you want to stop Warzone farming, the best two ideas I've seen so far:

• Surrender Option.
  • Safe Zone Spawn (only when your core is exposed).
Both of them have their pros and cons however and they won't necessarily stop people from statting.

With a surrender option, you would assuredly need to add some prerequisite criteria. I think League of Legends has probably the best system as opposed to like Counter Strike because for one, you have to wait an extended amount of time before you can surrender. In Warzone I would say probably around 10-12 minutes would be good enough. It's about the length of a normal match. The problem with this though is that these higher level teams will take over maps in about 4-5 minutes which leaves 5-7 minutes to grind out kills and the other team just has to deal with it.

With the safe zone spawn, teams that are getting washed all game have the ability to not sit there and get statted on. It would have to be something like once you go through the barrier, you're out. This would prevent people just abusing the doors. However to exploit this, all you have to do is just not capture the third base. Which is relatively simple considering you could just not do it. The only thing this allows is the enemy to spread out further, it doesn't stop them from getting pounced on though because eventually teams are going to figure out those spawns too.

Moral of the story, you can't stop it. I hate the get good argument, but honestly if you don't want to get statted on, your best bet is to find good people to play with because it's going to happen no matter what game you play. Not just Halo. Happens in EVERY game. You can't just tell people to stop and expect them to listen. Human Behavior 101 lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So when 343 supposedly tells certain individuals to stop ruining Warzone by spawnkilling, 343 should get right on it and fix the problem.

But I can say without a shadow of a doubt that if 343 were to release an emergency patch, certain forumgoers would complain about 343 neglecting Arena by fixing a problem in Warzone.

Normally situations like this aren't a big deal when it's actually different people complaining about different things, but this thread has been the same 3-4 people posting the exact same thing every day for the past couple months.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I mean didn't people here already complain that they patched WZ but not arena

Which is why I brought it up.

People still will have a right to complain. Just because they fixed one thing, doesn't free them from all the complaints that people have with this game.

343 is a big enough company to update/address multiple fixes at once, its parent company is one of the largest in the entire planet, they have the resources...stop treating them like a indie developer.

Blame the individuals and not the company as a whole. I give props to teams like UI, Warzone, and Forge who are trying to improve and fix things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Blame the individuals and not the company as a whole. I give props to teams like UI, Warzone, and Forge who are trying to improve and fix things.

I personally can't wait for the UI fixes, dang shame that I have to go to waypoint to look at my medals.

People still will have a right to complain. Just because they fixed one thing, doesn't free them from all the complaints that people have with this game.

343 is a big enough company to update/address multiple fixes at once, its parent company is one of the largest in the entire planet, they have the resources...stop treating them like a indie developer.

Exactly.

Oh and I started playing again occasionally grinded my way up to mid-level Onyx in Arena. Gotta come play with me bro. One person with thumbs is all need and I'm good lol. Gonna get some champs back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So when 343 supposedly tells certain individuals to stop ruining Warzone by spawnkilling, 343 should get right on it and fix the problem.

But I can say without a shadow of a doubt that if 343 were to release an emergency patch, certain forumgoers would complain about 343 neglecting Arena by fixing a problem in Warzone.

Normally situations like this aren't a big deal when it's actually different people complaining about different things, but this thread has been the same 3-4 people posting the exact same thing every day for the past couple months.

Yeah, but when are you gonna reveal that fps shooter doe?

I'm gay and a 343 shill

I'm also Wasp's biggest fan.

FTFY

We'll see if they fix Warzone spawns. Now that people have been bitching it'll be interesting to see how they fix it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love how everyone is getting all hot and bothered about it but there is literally no proof that 343 told Whiskey anything.

tumblr_nuwn12D2FN1u60o27o1_250.gif

The guy (from whiskey) who made the thread on waypoint, edited his post and said they received false info. If 343 wants to stop teams from farming, they'll put something in the game to stop it, not send some "messages". 

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f9237adeaf1742c09de144d7bf3f7507/topics/attention-halo-community-and-bravo-please-read/d733942c-4f2d-4c10-a0c2-ed8f85185162/posts

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm still here waiting for an arena forge playlist.  How long does it take to give us something as simple as that?  Sure I can't be the only one who wants this..

• Upvote (+1) 1

We should of had a surrender option in 2007. Its 2016.

^^ 100%

Yeah, but when are you gonna reveal that fps shooter doe?

Cancelled. Unreal is hard and our art guy left for a game that actually pays him.

Yeah, just look at all the stuff the MCC team has accomplished over the past year!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah, just look at all the stuff the MCC team has accomplished over the past year!

Yea look. They fixed.......well they added.........alright see they were busy with......
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It literally is %100 343's fault. You can't make an exclusive armour that is tied directly to killing and then get mad when people kill in the fastest, most effective way possible. It's akin to banning everyone who uses the storm rifle. Do I think everyone who abuses the storm rifle is an assholes? Yes. Do I think 343 should ban them? No. Do I think 343 should fix the storm rifle? Yes. Do I think 343 should fix warzone so it's harder to farm kills? Yes.

Why didn't they tie Achilles in with the assist or game mode commendations?

They probably thought that the kill commendations would be easiest to get. But for real I don't see how blaming 343 is the better option when the Halo community in general just fucking sucks.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Also, their stubbornness about the weapon balance is almost unheard of in game development.

I think almost every fighting game besides Mortal Kombat and Skull Girls would like a word with you lol. Having patches for games only once a year or maybe 2 years isn't exactly unheard of

Not saying its right, h5 isn't as hard of a game obviously but having no patches for a Halo game for 5+ months are a normal thing too iirc

H2 was doodoo for like 6 months I believe. H3 was around the same length and they were stubborn on h3 BR

Reach took a year and the devs that made the game them self didn't even make it.

H4 same.

It's not really uncommon for us to get patches months down the line

• Upvote (+1) 1