CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's not a solution.it's impossible to match teams vs teams in a 12v12 gametype. What are you going to do? Only match 12 v 12s? And 11 v 11s? 10 v 10s? Etc.

Say goodbye to functional matchmaking.

Plus that will make it an unplayable list for lesser skilled groups of friends.

Thats a bit absurd.

How about match singles with singles, and everybody in a fireteam with other people in fireteams 12v3-2-5-2 or whatever, and maybe add an algorithm to fill in gaps with singles over time if getting fireteams is to hard.

Communication is the real difference, fireteams have 10x better chance against 12ers with at least some chemistry.

Even then as Hard Way said, it's the game not the matchmaking that's the problem. How the fuck can 343 tell them to stop abusing the mechanics they purposely created, how else to they expect them to get the Achilles helmet.

They were like "here's a reward you get by incentivising killing over winning, go for it", and all are now looking like idiots for nannying the thing that were promoting a month ago. From "Congrats to Whiskey company for being the first group to do this", to "Please stop doing this".

The problem with that is that not every group of 12 is a high skilled group. If the system priorities team size with no skill MM then those lesser skilled 12 man parties will just get constantly stomped.

Matchmaking adjustments are not the solution to this issue.

That's the best they can do. SBMM in Warzone would suck ass and we all know that.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

That's the best they can do. SBMM in Warzone would suck ass and we all know that.

SBMM would, party matching wouldnt

Be proactive about solving issues before they happen. It's more effective than punishing people after the fact.

If they're going to tell them to stop then they should unlock Achilles for them.

I always say "don't hate the player, hate the game".

• Upvote (+1) 2

No shit? I'd love to see that. Got a source?

I was in a party earlier with someone from Whiskey squad who told us, still not sure if it's true but he seemed really pissed about it. 

The spartan laser is dogshit. It's really great when you try to aim at a banshee that's flipping around everywhere. The aiming system makes that shit impossible. The arclight is a better spartan laser.

Also on the topic of mongooses, the driver hitboxes suck ass.

Yea, I'm on lvl 5 commendation for the laser and I have to get 50 kills, ugh! That's like one kill per laser I spawn in on average. 

They put auto aim on the vehicle itself, not the player. I swear you can shoot the driver who isn't even moving with the BR 9 times and not get a kill sometimes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If there was a cease and desist letter I'm gonna be left speechless. If you put something exploitable in your game and refuse to fix it, there's nothing you should be mad about. The developer would be the one exposing the players to this by A) Leaving it in and B. ) Giving incentives to spawn kill.

Yea, I'm on lvl 5 commendation for the laser and I have to get 50 kills, ugh! That's like one kill per laser I spawn in on average.

They put auto aim on the vehicle itself, not the player. I swear you can shoot the driver who isn't even moving with the BR 9 times and not get a kill sometimes.

Yea I'm almost at level 5 for it too and it's a huge pain. The best way to get kills is actually to use the endgame and treat it like a railgun. Actually issuing the laser on vehicles is just a waste. And the mongoose thing is definitely ridiculous. I've crouch-shot a guy that was sitting still and I still couldn't even 5 shot him.

Am I going crazy or are the beatdowns in this game fucked? It's like there's a delay up close and a lot of the time I hit the button and nothing happens.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I going crazy or are the beatdowns in this game fucked? It's like there's a delay up close and a lot of the time I hit the button and nothing happens.

I know that if you jump, there's a delay due to how melee and ground pounds are tied to the same button. Don't know about a "delay" in general. Most of the issues I've heard have come from the insane melee range.

While I absolutely don't like this spawn farming of lesser skilled players while leaving the core. I don't think banning some of the most dedicated players is the right solution. At all.

I had an idea of putting one sided shields in the back of the bases so the defenders can stay behind that and won't get farmed anymore. The spawnkillers basically have to destroy the core or waste their time. Similar to reach's invasion mode. I made a thread about it, but no one really seemed to care.

Oh and just an info: To get Achilles you don't have to build groups of 12 high onyx players. You get it even faster if you would split up and slay, assassinate and splatter in different "balanced" games instead of pinning the last 6 guys into the back of their base. But then your "super impressive" Warzone winrate would go down.

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 would rather tell players to stop being meanies then do their jobs and fx a legitimate issue. They're either incredibly lazy, or incredibly prideful if it's true.

What if a short timer began once the core's exposed? Ends the match automatically if the offensive team refuses to move in. Doing damage to the core could briefly stop/slow the timer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Solo queue makes me want to study for class.

If it wasn't for no party restrictions and the terrible aiming. I'd probably never get off this game.

If it wasn't for no party restrictions and the terrible aiming. I'd probably never get off this game.

Yea, if only the FPS aspects of this FPS game were good... 

Like?

They could make the core lose health over time as well, 3 minutes from 100% to 0% for example (Normal Warzone only of course).

That would force farming teams to leave 1 base to the opposite team, which would give enough breathing room for players to actually play the game, even if they are getting stomped.

I think the best idea is to just spawn the guys getting spawn killed far away from the action or have a forfeit option.

• Upvote (+1) 1