CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So apparently Whiskey squad got what is basically a cease and desist letter about spawn killing from 343. Threatened ban if caught doing it again.

No shit? I'd love to see that. Got a source?

Lol what? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

They made an incredibly unbalanced, easily exploitable gametype then created an incentive to exploit it. Then get mad when people exploit it.

This company man.

Doing something about people exploiting things? Fuck 343, man.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Doing something about people exploiting things? Fuck 343, man.

Be proactive about solving issues before they happen. It's more effective than punishing people after the fact.

If they're going to tell them to stop then they should unlock Achilles for them.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Be proactive about solving issues before they happen. It's more effective than punishing people after the fact.

If they're going to tell them to stop then they should unlock Achilles for them.

I'm pretty sure they already have it. But it's a little late to be proactive so are you saying they should do nothing?

So apparently Whiskey squad got what is basically a cease and desist letter about spawn killing from 343. Threatened ban if caught doing it again.

this is sarcasm right?

I'm pretty sure they already have it. But it's a little late to be proactive so are you saying they should do nothing?

maybe the spawn system needs some work, and instead of telling players to behave, they should fix the system that warrants a cease and desist in the first place.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

maybe the spawn system needs some work, and instead of telling players to behave, they should fix the system that warrants a cease and desist in the first place.

Spawning has nothing to do with it. It's players not going for the core in Warzone

I was under the impression nobody had the helmet yet.

They should implement one of the hundreds of solutions people have already brought up. Like a surrender option. It shouldn't be up to players to have to follow honour rules.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Spawning has nothing to do with it. It's players not going for the core in Warzone

The defending team literally spawns in a death trap. There are numerous things they could do to lessen the the potency of spawn rapeage in this gametype.

The defending team literally spawns in a death trap. There are numerous things they could do to lessen the the potency of spawn rapeage in this gametype.

Like?

That is going to stop or help spawn-killing if one team snowballs tanks and power weapons to the enemy team's door.

If snowballing is that big of an issue even with two coordinated teams, then the gametype itself is just bad.

oops

If snowballing is that big of an issue even with two coordinated teams, then the gametype itself is just bad.

oops

I know comparatively little on how warzone works, since I really don't play it, but isn't the entire point of warzone for everything to snowball and get more and more chaotic?

Like?

Once the spawn influence gets high enough start force spawning the defending team out of the base. And I don't mean right outside the base. Far away from it.

Teams will blow up the core if the alternative is trying to find the other team scattered all over a giant map.

• Upvote (+1) 3

like match teams against teams

That's not a solution.it's impossible to match teams vs teams in a 12v12 gametype. What are you going to do? Only match 12 v 12s? And 11 v 11s? 10 v 10s? Etc.

Say goodbye to functional matchmaking.

Plus that will make it an unplayable list for lesser skilled groups of friends.

That's not a solution.it's impossible to match teams vs teams in a 12v12 gametype. What are you going to do? Only match 12 v 12s? And 11 v 11s? 10 v 10s? Etc.

Then welcome to a game with a small population.

This is for all those kiddos who say "popularity doesn't matter". I think we found out pretty fucking quickly that it does.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think anybody's calling for a party restriction, but it'd be nice if it made an effort.  Look for a to12, then move to a to11, then down to 10, and so on.  It might take a bit longer to find a game for that to12, but that's the price you should pay when you're going into the game with an enormous advantage.

Then welcome to a game with a small population.

This is for all those kiddos who say "popularity doesn't matter". I think we found out pretty fucking quickly that it does.

The population would have to be massive to support strict team size MM in a 12v12 gametype. H3 couldn't even support a ranked 8v8 hopper. It was removed due to population issues at the height of h3's popularity.

I don't think anybody's calling for a party restriction, but it'd be nice if it made an effort. Look for a to12, then move to a to11, then down to 10, and so on. It might take a bit longer to find a game for that to12, but that's the price you should pay when you're going into the game with an enormous advantage.

The problem with that is that not every group of 12 is a high skilled group. If the system priorities team size with no skill MM then those lesser skilled 12 man parties will just get constantly stomped.

Matchmaking adjustments are not the solution to this issue.

Lmao what do they mean "If caught"? They have a record of every single game.

Wonder what the actual wording is. "You can only go +20 guys, any more is a violation of the 343 Warzone Gentleman's Agreement."

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Hai guys pls dont spawn kill again"

"K we wont"

Is this what they think will actually happen? FUCKING LOL

• Upvote (+1) 2