CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just bought the arena req pack bundle. Got the Mark V helmet and that shit in the first pack and in the second one I got 6 uncommon items and 2 common. All 3 of the wearable items were uncommon of course.

What is life. I though I was getting rare+ items in these packs, lol.

I really want the Astro emblem. Not a fan of having to get emblems through packs, kinda annoying.

Same reason people bet or go to Vegas. It's the rush. You like the feeling that you COULD win. It's the reason why Destiny is so popular.

Ya but in Vegas you get REAL money when you when.

I really do not understand the concept of buying req packs. I bought 1 silver pack and immediately felt like a total tool.

I really do not understand the concept of buying req packs. I bought 1 silver pack and immediately felt like a total tool.

a tool for 343s enrichment.

Well if you wanna get technical our fiat money doesn't truly have real world value either.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do what you want with your money...but god damn dude, how badly did you want that third variation of the exact same armor?

honestly I just wanted Helljumper. Irony is I don't even wear the fucking thing anymore. But it is what it is. No Ragerts. I spend more than that monthly on my vaping habit.

Inb4 "We get it you vape."

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want a well designed, purposely built original map that doesn't look like a another typical 343 human construct.

Is that too much to ask?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just played Riptide for the first time. Eww

It just doesn't flow that well unfortunately, has lots of protruding geometry getting in the way, is aesthetically cluttered, etc.

But I'd like to see them make more maps in this style, in terms of scale, interesting man cannons, and asymmetric design. I mean, it's at least somewhat interesting. It gives me the same kind of vibe I used to get when jumping between maps in old arena shooters, in that it has a weirdness that throws you off a bit. 

Clutter is the name of the game when it comes to current fps map design.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You mean you don't feel immersed by having all this shit in your way and no actual cover fire mechanic? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I cannot tell you how many times I've turned around when I see a red or blue flash in the corner of my eye, only to find out its some random blinking light in the wall. And then end up getting ARed to death by some dude off to the side.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You mean you don't feel immersed by having all this shit in your way and no actual cover fire mechanic?

dude, bumping into shit while my enemy parkour masters his way in between tight alleyways and openings is exactly what I think about when halo comes to mind. That and some sweet dubstep bro...

Well if you wanna get technical our fiat money doesn't truly have real world value either.

You know gold is also technically fiat, right?

Those damn ankle high curbs around the lift platform or whatever it's called to jump to top mid on Riptide... Fucking WHY?!

• Upvote (+1) 3

dude, bumping into shit while my enemy parkour masters his way in between tight alleyways and openings is exactly what I think about when halo comes to mind. That and some sweet dubstep bro...

Pizza.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So i went to test the spawn system tonight to help make a video with a friend and we had to stop because we ended up getting confused

Obviously this is all theory but it seems consistent from our test. Of course we could be wrong on what we found but anyways, this is what we understand

- Enemy position is almost irrelevant. You can spawn 10 feet away from an enemy (i believe thats the measurement) and they can spawn there. If I had to put the influence enemy position had, it's not much.

- We currently don't think teammates positions matter in the sense that you spawn closer to teammates. 

- Out of our testing, you cannot spawn if you are directly looking at the enemy off spawn. For example I cannot spawn on Lobby of Fathom (assuming this theory works) if there is an enemy right in front of my spawn. It seems the length of this is almost all of your FoV, if you have a pixel of yourself in the spawners FoV, you probably will not be able to spawn there

- LoS block spawns obviously. If you stare at the only spawn point on a forge map, the player cannot spawn at all. Until you look away AND if the spawner will not have you in their FoV, will they spawn 

All we got so far as we only have 3 people. We plan to test with 5 people tomorrow though hopefully as we have some interesting theories like forcing enemy spawns in 1 specific area by looking at all spawn points (we think this is doable on Coli CTF). pretty sure the LoS blocking spawns is the big reason why spawns such as Silo spawns and Elbow spawns are so prevalent as you do spawn staring at a LoS blocker. 

Anyways, for practical uses the spawn system is really easy to understand. TL;DR is if your team isn't there, enemy can spawn there as teammate FoV blocks a lot of stuff and if they are seeing the enemy off spawn they cant spawn there. Most people already know this but thought I'd post here in case no one else knew. I don't think anyone knew about spawners potential FoV being a thing until now though which was the big thing.

Gonna hopefully figure out if we can force spawns in more unfavorable positions hopefully tomorrow or if the theory holds up, you can just time you looking away at the spawns and force them to basically spawn in your LoS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just bought the arena req pack bundle. Got the Mark V helmet and that shit in the first pack and in the second one I got 6 uncommon items and 2 common. All 3 of the wearable items were uncommon of course.

What is life. I though I was getting rare+ items in these packs, lol.

Nope. You just get a higher chance at getting those items. I would suggest spending all my REQ points on Bronze/Silver before opening anymore gold or premiums. I didn't get anything good from the Warzone bundle because I still had all the common and uncommon shit. I was also under the impression that I would be getting something rare+ as well in every pack.