CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

i read that :uncledrew:

the point still stands. they wouldnt work properly. I believe one  of the reasons the maps have so many obstructions is for the very reason that people can get to the other base so quickly

Well I don't see why Haven was suited for clambering considering the ability didn't exist in Halo 4. I'm not really super opposed to Haven coming back, if re-made correctly it would be better than Regret, Empire, Eden, Rig and Plaza for Slayer at least. But that's the problem...Haven is basically only for Slayer and maybe Ball, which we have no clue how it will play in Halo 5 yet with double thrusts and bullshit. Maybe Strongholds would work well. 

In my eyes I just see this: Truth is the best map in Halo 5 and if you argue against that then it's still top 2-3 at the very least. It was a remake of arguably the GOAT map in Halo and was made larger and in my opinion worse than it could have been. I think the bottom mid jump up to clamber on to top-mid and the Car-section of the map could have been different to improve it, but nonetheless it's one of the best Halo 5 maps. 

Haven is a good map. It's the best map in Halo 4, which again is not saying that much, but it's no Pit/Sanc or even Narrows/Construct/Lockout/Warlock, not even close. The design of the maps are there, 343 just needs to scale/configure the map/s to suit Halo 5. There's no way it can be worse than what they have came out with since launch (Riptide and Overgrowth) or Pegasus which is still in rotation or even maps like Empire/Eden/Plaza/Rig for at least some competitive gametypes. 

"I believe one of the reasons the maps have so many obstructions is for the very reason that people can get to the other base so quickly"

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that but if you have ever played Fathom flag you know people easily sprint to the other base when you are pulling/in their base and they spawn Vat. Also on Truth flag it works that way at a lesser rate, and it also does on Empire flag which was taken out of competitive. So I'm not sure what your point is here...it's not like Haven has any obstructions really you could easily sprint bottom mid/top mid or around the loop. You also didn't factor in thrusters off the lifts on that map which would break it if it wasn't scaled/adjusted like every other superior map I mentioned could easily be as well. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/45y8ux/a_late_valentines_day_gift_for_you_all/

When random people do more for Halo 5 than the people who get paid 6 figures to make Microsoft millions of dollars.

That's like calling 343 lazy because they didn't remake some map you wanted and a Forger did.

Wouldn't you rather a developer give a community the tools to make just about anything versus redirecting resources from the core experience to facilitate every request?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you in Sauna or Whiskey? Because someone mentioned you today in a party chat...I'm in Sauna btw and I don't ever quit out because I don't give a fuck about Warzone win % or K/D.

Sure I believe you that one time you guys might not have had reqs. Parties split up sometimes, people get kicked etc...but I know for a fact that Wasp has quit out before and quits to preserve his record and a lot of "top warzone players" do the same.

I'm pretty sure Adqm in that picture is in the Sauna, I've played with him multiple times. It's also funny because the person taking the picture is on my friend's list too.

Thanks for that great post product tester, it really moved me. But u are a liar i see u quitting out of games all the time to preserve your win%. I played against u in slayer and u hid in a corner got 2 kills and quit before u died. I guess ur just chippin away at that neg kd

• Downvote (-1) 8

I mean, I could. What for? 

Hard to see what's happening in the gif.

Thanks for that great post product tester, it really moved me. But u are a liar i see u quitting out of games all the time to preserve your win%. I played against u in slayer and u hid in a corner got 2 kills and quit before u died. I guess ur just chippin away at that neg kd

Hey man, I know Joe stole your girl, but these kind of posts are pretty lame.

That's like calling 343 lazy because they didn't remake some map you wanted and a Forger did.

Wouldn't you rather a developer give a community the tools to make just about anything versus redirecting resources from the core experience to facilitate every request?

that makes entirely too much sense, of course not!

Do I HAVE to? XP

Experience points have nothing to do with this

Dear Arena players in the company.  Plz use more spartan charge.  You say it's OP, so use it.  Your company will thank you.

Dear everyone in the company.

Stop. Disabling. Assassinations.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dear Arena players in the company. Plz use more spartan charge. You say it's OP, so use it. Your company will thank you.

solid plan, although if we're you're going to intentionally break the game to get shit noticed, I would use the hell out of the autos as well.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

solid plan, although if we're you're going to intentionally break the game to get shit noticed, I would use the hell out of the autos as well.

It's not to "get shit noticed", it's to get the commendation out of the way for Achilles.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not to "get shit noticed", it's to get the commendation out of the way for Achilles.

well then...

No plz no.

Almost every single game in the market has dome sort of dayli/weekly challenge to incentive players to keep coming. Don't try to belittle an issue with a terrible analogy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This would be a valid argument if the "core experience" wasn't insanely small and limited.

Things like challenges should be part of the core experience.

Remember what I said the other day about stopping this crap? I wasn't really asking; I was telling.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5