CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

trying to copy quotes here is more difficult than it has any reason to be.

@@Joe Tea   all those maps wont work with sprint and Thrust. Haven is already made for all those things and clamber

am i alone or sometimes the pistol doesnt register shots for like 2 or 3 shots, even without lag?

Haven was a good map? Color me surprised

compared to everything that has come since? Yeah it is.

No way any of the maps in H5 are better or more balanced

• Upvote (+1) 1

trying to copy quotes here is more difficult than it has any reason to be.

@@Joe Tea   all those maps wont work with sprint and Thrust. Haven is already made for all those things and clamber

I mean to be fair Haven is the best Halo 4 map. Now by saying that...it doesn't really mean much at all but I'm not sure why someone said Abandon was better than Haven because that's the biggest hyperbole ever and is completely wrong. 

Anyway, there are about 10-12 maps at least, not counting BTB maps, that I would rather have been remade (scaled, adapted to Halo 5) than Haven:

- The Pit

- Narrows

- Sanctuary (despite the miles on it)

- Beaver Creek

- Warlock/Wizard

- Lockout

- Guardian

- Construct

- Ivory Tower

- Hang em High

- Ascension

- Large Cold Storage/Damnation

That's not including pretty much every Big Team map from Halo 2 and 3 that I would rather have remade over Haven considering every BTB map is forged. Haven is a decent map and you could definitely argue for it over maybe 1-3 maps on that list, but it's definitely not a priority remake at all. There is also a forge of it in Halo 5 with slight modifications.

I suggest reading.

i read that :uncledrew:

the point still stands. they wouldnt work properly. I believe one  of the reasons the maps have so many obstructions is for the very reason that people can get to the other base so quickly

i read that :uncledrew:

the point still stands. they wouldnt work properly. I believe one  of the reasons the maps have so many obstructions is for the very reason that people can get to the other base so quickly

Oh, I'm not personally saying I think that they would be the best choices for remakes, either, just that he did specify for them to be reworked for H5 like Truth (although "reworked" could end up meaning "completely changing the entire thing until it's altogether unrecognizable, thus defeating the purpose of remaking the map in the first place").

• Upvote (+1) 2

Chris Schlerf just joined Bungie. And we're still stuck with Brian Reed.

Eh. He's better than anyone else they have at Bungie, and he's certainly better than Reed, but he's still not especially good.

My worry has to do with what the hell he did to Mass Effect Andromeda while he was at Bioware.

Where'd you Reed about Chris joining Bungie? :kappa:

annonced by secret bungie fan boy Harry Reid of course.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I haven't touched Doubles since the first time it came out but it turned out to be my top CSR (Champion 18). 

Last time Doubles was out, it changed my top CSR to that Doubles playlist and it looks like the Valentines Doubles list is now also my top CSR list:

Q9YTDWI.png

Looks like MMR carried over from the original doubles playlist to the second doubles list and now the social valentines list.

Nice stealth brag champ :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would rather play Overgrowth than Regret 9/10 times.

Overgrowth strongholds, not that bad.

Regret and Overgrowth slayer are probably the worst maps since sword base in my honest opinion. Maybe Regret > Sword Base > Overgrowth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have 343 addressed the issue with making a true social playlist yet? Surely it can't be difficult to have no MMR/Search Criteria? I feel like it's exactly like Ranked, except they've just hidden the symbol...

Have 343 addressed the issue with making a true social playlist yet? Surely it can't be difficult to have no MMR/Search Criteria? I feel like it's exactly like Ranked, except they've just hidden the symbol...

They have not.

Few posts above proved that MMR carried over from the Ranked doubles playlist to the Social one so it's pretty much what you say. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chris Schlerf just joined Bungie. And we're still stuck with Brian Reed.

Well get a bad story for Halo 6 confirmed, if Reed is in. Would have hoped for Schlerf to make return buut nope :/