CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

TAKE YOUR DAMN CLOTHES OFF

Gotta love those picture by picture cutscenes

Somehow still better paced than Halo 5's

Gotta love those picture by picture cutscenes

Somehow still better paced than Halo 5's

At least PDWT gives you the choice to have an ending you really wanted.

At least PDWT gives you the choice to have an ending you really wanted.

And the game tells you straight up what the plot is

And the game tells you straight up what the plot is

Although I guess they're also guilty of blatant advertising lies, considering the picture I posted.

Although I guess they're also guilty of blatant advertising lies, considering the picture I posted.

Technically plumbers don't wear ties as a tagline is true, I think this one wins

Technically plumbers don't wear ties as a tagline is true, I think this one wins

Master Chief = John

Plumber = John

Illuminati-triangle-and-eye.png

Halo 5's aiming system seriously screws up my ability to aim in other games.

I loaded up some other shooters and was fooling around on them. The first issue is the difference in feel between the 360 and X1 controller, but besides that it's the sluggish aiming movement that is leaving a negative effect in what I guess could be considered muscle memory. Even on the highest sensitivity, it feels sluggish. I tried to play Quake Arena Arcade and it was the most embarrassing thing to watch if I was streaming. It looked like I picked up a controller for the first time and was holding the controller upside down.

I might actually try to record how awful it looks one day

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am a lemon that knows what he likes.

Halo 5's aiming system seriously screws up my ability to aim in other games.

I loaded up some other shooters and was fooling around on them. The first issue is the difference in feel between the 360 and X1 controller, but besides that it's the sluggish aiming movement that is leaving a negative effect in what I guess could be considered muscle memory. Even on the highest sensitivity, it feels sluggish. I tried to play Quake Arena Arcade and it was the most embarrassing thing to watch if I was streaming. It looked like I picked up a controller for the first time and was holding the controller upside down.

I might actually try to record how awful it looks one day

I can't even imagine trying to play this game on 10 sens. I play on 2 and it's murder.

I can't even imagine trying to play this game on 10 sens. I play on 2 and it's murder.

Same. I used to play on fucking 5 in Halo 2 and 1. Its ridiculous.

What really sucks is when you acclimate to Halo 5's aiming and switch games. Your brain usually immediately begins to work in halo 1 and 2 with the aiming, but when you go back to Halo 5 say goodbye to all that progress

• Upvote (+1) 2

Same. I used to play on fucking 5 in Halo 2 and 1. Its ridiculous.

What really sucks is when you acclimate to Halo 5's aiming and switch games. Your brain usually immediately begins to work in halo 1 and 2 with the aiming, but when you go back to Halo 5 say goodbye to all that progress

I played 10 sens for H2. It felt so perfect. The few times I played H5, it just felt so slow even on 10. Also, making little adjustments just feels awful. I swear the xb1 controller has something to do with it too. Even H2 on MCC feel weird compared to the original.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would you guys say this has the worst maps in Halo history? I find it hard to choose from Reach, H4, or this.

Halo 4, then Reach, then H5. From worst to best.

Unless we're counting forge, then H4, then H5, then Reach.

Halo Reach by far has the worst maps in all of Halo.

You cannot include forge, forge maps don't come with the game, they aren't made by the developer, they aren't on the same level. And even if they did... The endless expanse of gray forge maps on Halo Reach was cancerous, not to mention that without forge Zealot wasn't even a playable map. We used forge to block outer space on that map. Camping in space with the concussion riffle, that was so legit....

Not saying Halo 4 is great, but the only out of the box map on Reach that remotely worked was Countdown. 

HR < H4 < H5 < H1 < H2 & H3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven is one of the best Halo maps of recent times. They really should just port it over, with no changes.

@@Bravo

Haven was a good map? Color me surprised

Halo Reach by far has the worst maps in all of Halo.

You cannot include forge, forge maps don't come with the game, they aren't made by the developer, they aren't on the same level. And even if they did... The endless expanse of gray forge maps on Halo Reach was cancerous, not to mention that without forge Zealot wasn't even a playable map. We used forge to block outer space on that map. Camping in space with the concussion riffle, that was so legit....

Not saying Halo 4 is great, but the only out of the box map on Reach that remotely worked was Countdown.

HR < H4 < H5 < H1 < H2 & H3

In the recent Halo games the maps feel more like CoD maps. There are never control points, it's just mindlessly running around the maps like on Cod.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have up upload some old game plays and clear some space off my hard drive but I plan to capture and upload some Halo 5. I don't think there's a huge demand to watch 10 sense gameplay but I'm sure people would rather see an entire game with it than preselected montage clips.

It always feels awkward to mention this because I feel like a vegan always proclaiming my 10 sense lifestyle to everyone. I just assume it's more noticeable to those who play higher sense than lower, or have twitchy aiming. I really hope for some more explanation regarding the difference in beta aiming compared to what we have now, but I don't think we'll ever get that explanation or others we've been waiting for.

edit: I kinda pride myself on my ability to play quake at a decent level with a gamepad. I feel like I could aim better using Goldeneye's free aim system than this.

I played it at 10, and it still felt slow as shit.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Is the aiming different in Warzone? Like, it literally feels like I'm playing a different game.

10 sens is fine. I switch from 5 to 10, 5 accel for both, and both play well.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I love when some of you get salty(negs) when I criticize your service lol. I pay for Live too but its just unacceptable at times, especially during tournaments.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love when some of you get salty(negs) when I criticize your service lol. I pay for Live too but its just unacceptable at times, especially during tournaments.  

I neg you because I'm sick of seeing your elitist attitude towards PC. I'm sure everyone else is like that too.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1