CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm more concerned with Spotify

This ....for christ's  sake, why cant they make a damn spotify app(honestly....it's already in the Win 10 app store)

This ....for christ's sake, why cant they make a damn spotify app(honestly....it's already in the Win 10 app store)

They would have to make the multitasking first. Right now there is Last. Fm but you can't use it while playing, it defeats the purpose.

I'm more concerned with Spotify

This ....for christ's  sake, why cant they make a damn spotify app(honestly....it's already in the Win 10 app store)

Pretty sure Sony have some kind of exclusivity deal with Spotify on consoles. Pretty bullshit honestly.

I think at this point we've proven that the eighth generation of consoles was completely unnecessary.

Say what?

I just want the blades dashboard from the 360 back.

Please no, they were so overrated...

I think at this point we've proven that the eighth generation of consoles was completely unnecessary.

This is def off topic but would you agree or disagree with this being the list for the generation of consoles?

Gen 1 = Atari

Gen 2 = Nintendo

Gen 3 = Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis 

Gen 4 = Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation

Gen 5 = Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox, Playstation 2

Gen 6 = Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation 3

Gen 7 = Nintendo Wii U, Xbox One, Playstation 4

I know Sega had a crazy amount of consoles in there besides Genesis and Dreamcast, but I don't know where they would of landed. Not sure If we're on Gen 8 or if we're even higher. But I feel like Atari was the first real console. Idk though xD

This is def off topic but would you agree or disagree with this being the list for the generation of consoles?

Gen 1 = Atari

Gen 2 = Nintendo

I know Sega had a crazy amount of consoles in there besides Genesis and Dreamcast, but I don't know where they would of landed. Not sure If we're on Gen 8 or if we're even higher. But I feel like Atari was the first real console. Idk though xD

Most sources list an earlier generation that includes the Magnavox Odyssey, Home Pong, etc. consoles.

Is the new map Torque supposed to be Arena or Borezone?

Arena. And it's symmetrical. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gen 1 = Atari

Gen 2 = Nintendo

3DO was the best console.

With the route MS is taking, It wouldn't surprise me if they begin to focus mainly on PC Gaming. ITs where the market is  heading and Sony/Nintendo don't have hands in there. MS throw Halo, Gears and Forza in there, Bam, Moolah. Even if the Next Xbox in Xbox Windows and its literally just a prebuilt PC so that all MS games will run at standard specs and with a M/KB with the option for others to play on there existing PC. They can keep making the controllers, especially for the likes of Forza and KI.  When Halo 6 is announced for Windows 10, I'll be dropping the Xbone and moving to PC. I'll finally have a reason to make a beastly PC and I'll be able to play Arma, Red Orchestra/RisingStorm and Halo all on the one machine.

I would bet quite a bit of money that there will never be a ninth generation of consoles ... by 2019-20, consoles won't be a better deal financially, as a low-end gaming PC will be able to run very high-quality graphics.

Consoles actually make sense at the moment because a gaming PC costs significantly more than an XB1 ... I bought an XB1 mainly for MCC and H5, but it's also nice to be able to play Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 without having to spend $800 on a gaming PC.  

Honestly I look forward to the day that all games are on PC (except maybe Nintendo? I don't see them ever giving up consoles, given the Japanese market, but maybe) ... we can just mod Halo 7 to be whatever we want, etc.

I would bet quite a bit of money that there will never be a ninth generation of consoles ... by 2019-20, consoles won't be a better deal financially, as a low-end gaming PC will be able to run very high-quality graphics.

Consoles actually make sense at the moment because a gaming PC costs significantly more than an XB1 ... I bought an XB1 mainly for MCC and H5, but it's also nice to be able to play Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 without having to spend $800 on a gaming PC.  

Honestly I look forward to the day that all games are on PC (except maybe Nintendo? I don't see them ever giving up consoles, given the Japanese market, but maybe) ... we can just mod Halo 7 to be whatever we want, etc.

Doubt. I don't see the reason that the graphical gap and pricing won't remain as is or at least quite similar with PC developers pushing their new hardware as well as consoles pushing slightly out dated but more focused hardware/code. The PS4 is currently out pacing the most sold console of all time. The Xbox One is currently doing better than the 360. The console market is getting stronger and survives on its price point and simplicity.

Doubt. I don't see the reason that the graphical gap and pricing won't remain as is or at least quite similar with PC developers pushing their new hardware as well as consoles pushing slightly out dated but more focused hardware/code. The PS4 is currently out pacing the most sold console of all time. The Xbox One is currently doing better than the 360. The console market is getting stronger and survives on its price point and simplicity.

Interesting, my impression is that XB1 was not selling well at all, and that PS4 was doing only somewhat well.  

Also I feel like there's a point of diminishing returns with graphics; we'll have basically real-life graphics by 2020 even on a mid-range PC, and then the massive PC market may end up exerting pressure on developers (like 343/Microsoft) to expand their reach in terms of platforms/sales

I haven't touched Doubles since the first time it came out but it turned out to be my top CSR (Champion 18). 

Last time Doubles was out, it changed my top CSR to that Doubles playlist and it looks like the Valentines Doubles list is now also my top CSR list:

Q9YTDWI.png

Looks like MMR carried over from the original doubles playlist to the second doubles list and now the social valentines list.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Out on my honeymoon but gave my brother the info for my account so he can grind out warzone and keep helping the beyond company.

Feel free to send my account invites if you see it on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't touched Doubles since the first time it came out but it turned out to be my top CSR (Champion 18). 

Last time Doubles was out, it changed my top CSR to that Doubles playlist and it looks like the Valentines Doubles list is now also my top CSR list:

Q9YTDWI.png

Looks like MMR carried over from the original doubles playlist to the second doubles list and now the social valentines list.

The MMR definitely carried over. My first game in the playlist was when I was drinking and wanted a relaxing social game, ended up matching two Champs in Arena and got partnered with a Champ in Slayer. Way sweatier than I was ready for haha. For reference I was Champ in Holiday Dubs.

Why would they carry over past MMR to a brand new playlist? This can't just be an oversight.. right?

Why would they carry over past MMR to a brand new playlist? This can't just be an oversight.. right?

Likely because they just take the old playlist, rename it and add new maps and gametypes.