CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The 'Requesting Data' is starting to become a problem again since I'm not able to access the REQ menus after almost every game. It's a little annoyance now, but I know it's going to eventually piss me off if it keeps happening.

Happens to me almost every session. It screws up more often than it works.

Please don't call anything "literally unplayable" unless you're actually unable to find games at all.

While agree with the message you're conveying, some people out there are actually literally unable to play anything, shitty gametypes or not. It's a much bigger problem than having bad maps, and the last thing we need is for it to be trivialized.

Quoted for truth.  Thank you.

There are so many kiddo's on this site that can't seem to figure out what the word 'literally' means or how to use it.  There is not one word in the English language that will make you sound dumber when you misuse it.  You're not a teenage girl on an MTV reality show. Read a fucking book and stop sounding like an idiot.

Quoted for truth.  Thank you.

There are so many kiddo's on this site that can't seem to figure out what the word 'literally' means or how to use it.  There is not one word in the English language that will make you sound dumber when you misuse it.  You're not a teenage girl on an MTV reality show. Read a fucking book and stop sounding like an idiot.

I've got some bad news for you bro.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

He is LITERALLY using the word in its correct way. As you LITERALLY explode from anger for no reason.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It is LITERALLY impossible you guys aren't alts

Obviously you know. I know you got like 50 but you should know the names still

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys LITERALLY blew things way out of proportion. LITERALLY all i was saying is the the game is unplayable for 1 reason, while you guys are LITERALLY saying its unplayable for another. LITERALLY we have 2 LITERAL problems. Actually there are LITERALLY 50 problems with the game. I just come on the forums to LITERALLY blow off steam. 

LITERALLY.  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

EDIT: what a fucking wierd word. 

Was looking at the beyond spartan company and a spot just opened up. I'm kinda surprised we don't have the Achilles armor yet, but there's definitely a good number of people in the company who barely touch the game.

I was looking at the commendations and it seems like you guys need more WZ and BTB people.

I literally have no idea how to use literally correctly.

Pegasus + Enemy Team is a full party = Kill Me Now

It's basically the new Lockout. 

You only have to put yourself out there a little bit to get the sniper...after that, it's all gravy. 

I literally have no idea how to use literally correctly.

You can literally say it however you want and will probably be right. It can literally be used to mean both literally and figuratively because yay english!

• Downvote (-1) 2

anybody elses game keep crashing every other game? then banning you for up to days? fun.

If 343 fixed the aiming, I'd be so happy with this damn game. I'd be okay with playing riptide and overgrown all day, no problem.

anybody elses game keep crashing every other game? then banning you for up to days? fun.

no but the servers have been iffy. Long loading screens in between breakout rounds

If 343 fixed the aiming, I'd be so happy with this damn game. I'd be okay with playing riptide and overgrown all day, no problem.

That and the AR. Both of those have to be fixed for me to come back. They can throw all the glitter (REQ cards) they want on Halo 5, none of that is going to fix the most important issues.

Does anyone think that the Halo 5 gunbattles are extremely shallow? Every single gunbattle devolves into who thrusts around the corner at the right moment, and there isn't any critical thinking to when you are pinned down by gunfire. I booted up H2A: Big Team Battle on MCC and I loved how there was "space" for my battles. If I started gunning someone down from a distance, they didn't have the option to sprint, slide, and bumrush into me and create a CQC battle where there was none to begin with. 

Call me nostalgic, but I really love the older games of the franchise. Not because I dominate in them, but because its feels more rewarding and relaxing to play. I really wish Halo 6 would be more slower paced, and have an REAL diverse sandbox with unique weapons that really serve a purpose. I would love to see plasma stun, quick camo, and increased melee range for certain weapons. I really wish that Bungie could come back to Halo or some other studio would work on Halo. The fact that I don't have a fucking option for 4v4 social slayer pisses me off to no end. Don't fucking tell me to "play ranked slayer! Forget about your ranking bro! You were placed for a reason ;) " bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Does anyone think that the Halo 5 gunbattles are extremely shallow? Every single gunbattle devolves into who thrusts around the corner at the right moment, and there isn't any critical thinking to when you are pinned down by gunfire. I booted up H2A: Big Team Battle on MCC and I loved how there was "space" for my battles. If I started gunning someone down from a distance, they didn't have the option to sprint, slide, and bumrush into me and create a CQC battle where there was none to begin with. 

Call me nostalgic, but I really love the older games of the franchise. Not because I dominate in them, but because its feels more rewarding and relaxing to play. I really wish Halo 6 would be more slower paced, and have an REAL diverse sandbox with unique weapons that really serve a purpose. I would love to see plasma stun, quick camo, and increased melee range for certain weapons. I really wish that Bungie could come back to Halo or some other studio would work on Halo. The fact that I don't have a fucking option for 4v4 social slayer pisses me off to no end. Don't fucking tell me to "play ranked slayer! Forget about your ranking bro! You were placed for a reason ;) " bullshit.

I agree with on the encounters in Halo 5, but Bungie was going on the same path that 343 was in making a more "accessible" Halo with every iteration. Bungie would have likely released a complete game for sure, but the competitive level would still be weak. With Bungie having each game be less and less competitive since CE, thinking that pattern would have stopped after Reach is wishful thinking. The answer is to find another developer who is not willing to hire people from 343 or Bungie. This series needs a fresh mindset desperately.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Although I agree with you on the aiming, let's not get carried away here....

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree with on the encounters in Halo 5, but Bungie was going on the same path that 343 was in making a more "accessible" Halo with every iteration. Bungie would have likely released a complete game for sure, but the competitive level would still be weak. With Bungie having each game be less and less competitive since CE, thinking that pattern would have stopped after Reach is wishful thinking. The answer is to find another developer who is not willing to hire people from 343 or Bungie. This series needs a fresh mindset desperately.

I agree, what would it take for a new studio to take over the franchise? Legit, im done with the bullshit. I really want Halo to be great again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree, what would it take for a new studio to take over the franchise? Legit, im done with the bullshit. I really want Halo to be great again.

You becoming a billionaire and pitching Microsoft your brand new studio that you just built.

edit: LITERALLY  :simms:

I wonder if 343 likes how the aiming is, I wonder if they play and say, yes this is how we wanted it to feel.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can literally say it however you want and will probably be right. It can literally be used to mean both literally and figuratively because yay english!

Phone neg, sorry!

Also the whole deadzone thing blows my mind, the fact that the pros play on a setting so far from default is sketchy. The fact the 343 hasn't even acknowledged this blows my mind. Also the whole we want our vanilla game in competitive so there isn't change from matchmatching, yet they forgot to tell the casuals about deadzones.