CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

0kv22Nu.jpg

This weapon skin was shown in the Feb update preview last month but is nowhere to be seen on the Hammer Storm REQ Preview images released in this weeks community update.

feb-cu-req-poster-preview-08ff438949f24a

• Upvote (+1) 3

0kv22Nu.jpg

This weapon skin was shown in the Feb update preview last month but is nowhere to be seen on the Hammer Storm REQ Preview images released in this weeks community update.

Uh oh spaghetti-o

Its like Noctus at gamescom all over again

I'm also really fuckin bummed the Oddball isn't a skull

0kv22Nu.jpg

[insert Holding Back Content Post Here]

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

[insert Holding Back Content Post Here]

[insert typical RyanW shill-ery] :kappa:

It DOES seem like their marketing team or advertising/video team is out of touch with the actual developers though

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've got to say that I don't think that a 4sk Pistol would be a good idea. The gun is way too easy to use for that to happen. I'd be ok with it if it involved reducing the aim assist, but as it stand I think it would be terrible.

I don't think the Pistol is the problem with the game, I think it's nearly every other weapon they have.

Just remember that how useful your utility weapon can be will affect the entire weapon sandbox and many other facets of the game. IMO buffing the pistol is a must in order for the game to be able to reach it's full potential. I do agree with you though on reducing the aim-assist and bullet magnetism on the pistol as a trade off for buffing the pistol so it balances itself out.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Still really hope we get to see Oddball/Ricochet added to online playlists. :)

Ricochet should go to the permanent social playlist

Oddball should be in arena, period. Oddball works on basically ANY map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just replayed Halo 2 campaign on the OG Xbox. Sad we'll never see the original depiction of the Halo universe anymore. Kudos 343's art team for making Halo unrecognizable today in nearly every aspect.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm also really fuckin bummed the Oddball isn't a skull

It would be great if they added a custom game option to change the ball's appearance (ball, bomb, skull, flaming skull, ricochet skull-ball).  Maybe even adding in some silly things like a grunt plushie "ball".

Ik7QDNg.jpg

6HCJTyA.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

Because the game is Hard in an arbritrary sense and making it accessible is good? Having 1f bnb was stupid and FADC was annoying as a mechanic. Making the game more old school with new mechanics that aren't universal are good

SF as a core game is very accessible...nothing has changed since the old 90s days of the arcades...only more advanced stuff is difficult...which casuals aren't going to touch anyhow. So, I'm not understanding why they feel the need use that rhetoric to sell the game. Same goes for Halo.

SF as a core game is very accessible...nothing has changed since the old 90s days of the arcades...only more advanced stuff is difficult...which casuals aren't going to touch anyhow. So, I'm not understanding why they feel the need use that rhetoric to sell the game. Same goes for Halo.

SF4 was the most recent game and probably the most difficult (not competitively) To get into.

Almost every character had 1f links you had to do to be competitively viable in tournaments. For example, my main Yang requires a 2f link or so just to be able to use Ultra in a real match. Ryu had solar plexus to cr.hp, Abel frwd mk > st.hp was a 1f or so, etc

Having 1f links are fine but making them necessary was a bit unnecessary. It was like to play "real" sf4 you had to have a 2-3 month training program just in training mode for some people

Ono wanted to make the game easier to pick up to get more players into the competitive scene and not to mention the mechanics in question the comp players don't even care for much. It's not like the game is dumbed down or anything and getting new players is always good

Old school fighters were more about that. Viscant put a post about that a few months ago, how older FGs were easier to pick up and umvc3/sf4 are much harder to get into. SF wants to get back into that I think

Just replayed Halo 2 campaign on the OG Xbox. Sad we'll never see the original depiction of the Halo universe anymore. Kudos 343's art team for making Halo unrecognizable today in nearly every aspect.

"Yeah, I'd like one order of changing for the sake of change, one completely unneeded Halo 5 advertisement , bloom, and walls with enough detail to make your eyes bleed."

"Do you want some extra bloom on your bloom?"

"Hell yeah!"

I do love the remastered cut-scenes though. The detail is nice when you're just watching it and not navigating through it.

Ricochet should go to the permanent social playlist

No.

It would be great if they added a custom game option to change the ball's appearance (ball, bomb, skull, flaming skull, ricochet skull-ball). Maybe even adding in some silly things like a grunt plushie "ball".

Ik7QDNg.jpg

6HCJTyA.jpg

RZpsTjM.png
Too soon

"Yeah, I'd like one order of changing for the sake of change, one completely unneeded Halo 5 advertisement , bloom, and walls with enough detail to make your eyes bleed."

"Do you want some extra bloom on your bloom?"

"Hell yeah!"

I do love the remastered cut-scenes though. The detail is nice when you're just watching it and not navigating through it.

H2A Campaign visuals was where Halo 5 should have headed. (H2A looked so good because it wasn't done by 343, but actually Sabre Interactive)
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am firmly in the "remove slayer from HWC" camp, but I wouldn't go that far.

Oddball gives you way more incentive to not camp like a lil shit than slayer does....

Besides, I am certain the maps in Halo 5 could flow mostly well with Oddball for how the game plays.

Oddball gives you way more incentive to not camp like a lil shit than slayer does....

Besides, I am certain the maps in Halo 5 could flow mostly well with Oddball for how the game plays.

H5 does have a lot of maps that would work well with oddball. Rig, Plaza and Truth come to mind. Sadly there is a lack of a Lockout/Guardian style map though. Hopefully we get one in the future.

[quote name="killmachine9T1" post="684572" timestamp="1455468342

There are a lot of dumb Oddball maps that could occur lol

You need maps that cater to that game type you don't just throw it in on Fathom and expect it to work

Rig plaza and Truth would be cool though. Riptide might also work