CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This is why I hate that casuals dictate game design

Straight from the Steam store bio for SF5.

I don't understand...why does that even need to be said? Is Capcom that afraid that casuals won't wanna pick up SF?? Same can be said for Halo...with it being a nich-type game, why the need to market to casuals with the petty crap?

Because the game is Hard in an arbritrary sense and making it accessible is good? Having 1f bnb was stupid and FADC was annoying as a mechanic. Making the game more old school with new mechanics that aren't universal are good

Going for Suppressor kills in WZ for the commendation is frustrating to say the least.

I know the feeling nothing but constant assists and you can unload like half a clip and not get a kill.

I'm hoping it gets buff or upgraded variants come out soon because the normal version is so damn weak.

• Downvote (-1) 1

How about this. You guys both suck because you keep stroking your online persona in front of everyone thinking people here actually care. Seriously, you're embarrassing yourselves.

​Can't wait for the inevitable stat checking 

:lxthul:  Okay, I guess I'm getting trolled therefore I suck. You're right  :simms:

Paging @@SnakeBite

Storm rifles and fuel rods are literally cancer. Please inform the devs that you were not polled on this matter and they need to be removed. Thank you.

You might as well include SMGs then and AR starts even while you're at it. 

Seriously, I see people wanting a 4-shot pistol which I don't adamantly oppose the idea of, but the problem would be easily solved by taking off AR starts and taking off all the automatics on the map. Maybe you could include a neutral position storm rifle/Smg or just one on each side (slower respawn rates) on certain maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Going for Suppressor kills in WZ for the commendation is frustrating to say the least.

The worst part is running out of them and having to go back to Bronze/Silver packs and pray you get any.

They will probably introduce Suppressor variants at some point, though. That'll make it a lot easier.

How about this. You guys both suck because you keep stroking your online persona in front of everyone thinking people here actually care. Seriously, you're embarrassing yourselves.

​Can't wait for the inevitable stat checking

I agree, no need to waste my time on this loser anymore. Sorry for the disturbance to everyone but joe

Hop off my richard

Anyone else feel like the aiming in this game is constantly fighting them?

Since day 1. Literally my first post after Halo 5 came out is me saying the aiming is clunky as shit.

The worst part is running out of them and having to go back to Bronze/Silver packs and pray you get any.

They will probably introduce Suppressor variants at some point, though. That'll make it a lot easier.

I just wish the suppressor and storm rifle was a loadout weapon

Preferrably this would also happen when the storm rifles ridiculous health melting / range is reduced

Anyone else feel like the aiming in this game is constantly fighting them?

The extent to which aiming in this game can feel dramatically different from one game to another and even WITHIN a single game is downright infuriating. I feel like aiming actually gets worse the longer a game goes on. I can start a game aiming fine, but by the end feel like I'm playing Onslaught offhost in H3.

My suspicion is that there is some form of lag compensation that alters the aiming mechanic itself. Which--if true--would be an absolutely awful idea and would explain why the aiming is so janky.

Since day 1. Literally my first post after Halo 5 came out is me saying the aiming is clunky as shit.

To me it just feels inconsistent. Every time I find a setting I'm comfortable with, it feels wonky as fuck a few days later. Almost like the game keeps resetting to default even though my settings appear just as I left them in the game menu.

To me it just feels inconsistent. Every time I find a setting I'm comfortable with, it feels wonky as fuck a few days later. Almost like the game keeps resetting to default even though my settings appear just as I left them in the game menu.

Yea I hear you man. I used to play 3-5 for a while. Then it felt awful so I went to 4-3. Then I went down to 3-4 and that's where I am now. Only a matter if time before I change it again. It's like once I get used to it I can't aim anymore. It sucks.

Yup, I have to re-learn how to aim in Halo 5 every single day I play it. It pisses me off to no end.

I played with the same sensitivity for every single Halo until Halo 5. I constantly have to switch around and try different settings until I find one that's comfortable for the day, then the next day it feels super off so I change it once again. Endless cycle.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You might as well include SMGs then and AR starts even while you're at it.

Seriously, I see people wanting a 4-shot pistol which I don't adamantly oppose the idea of, but the problem would be easily solved by taking off AR starts and taking off all the automatics on the map. Maybe you could include a neutral position storm rifle/Smg or just one on each side (slower respawn rates) on certain maps.

4sk pistol goes way beyond weapon balance. While I think it would fix the weapon balance nicely, 4sk is more to kill people before they thrust or kill people easier at long distance. Right now the pistol is incredibly weak at distance and fails to kill people a majority of the time before they thrust behind cover at mid/long range.

The absolute worst part of large weapon sandboxes is balancing all the guns. There's no ppint in having all these guns that are just reskins of each other that shoot the same bullets at different speeds. This so called variety is a huge strain on finding a perfect balance.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've got to say that I don't think that a 4sk Pistol would be a good idea.  The gun is way too easy to use for that to happen.  I'd be ok with it if it involved reducing the aim assist, but as it stand I think it would be terrible.

I don't think the Pistol is the problem with the game, I think it's nearly every other weapon they have.

I've got to say that I don't think that a 4sk Pistol would be a good idea.  The gun is way too easy to use for that to happen.  I'd be ok with it if it involved reducing the aim assist, but as it stand I think it would be terrible.

I don't think the Pistol is the problem with the game, I think it's nearly every other weapon they have.

I agree with you. I am all for slower kill times, and a lot of other changes.

Going back from h1 to h5 the aiming feels completely fucked up. The best part is the last guy betrays me for sniper, what goes tru their minds when they do shit like that?

wj3TljK.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am all for slower kill times,

Why? Making the pistol have a faster TTK would be alright as long as 343 reduced it's aim assist/bullet magnetism as a trade off to help balance it out. If you disagree that the pistol should have a faster TTK, then I suggest clicking on these two links and reading them. 

Unless I'm misunderstanding you and you're just saying that you want the autos to have slower kill times? If so then I sorta agree with you.

The best part is the last guy betrays me for sniper, what goes tru their minds when they do shit like that?

Not that I condone betraying your teammates for power weapons but 3 minutes is an absurd amount of time to wait for the sniper to spawn, especially when coming from Halo 1 where the sniper spawns every 30 seconds on almost every map.

Not that I condone betraying your teammates for power weapons but 3 minutes is an absurd amount of time to wait for the sniper to spawn, especially when coming from Halo 1 where the sniper spawns every 30 seconds on almost every map.

CE sniper isn't the game changer the Halo 5 snipe is

They need to take off the bullet magnetism and make it on like 90 seconds and we're good fam

• Upvote (+1) 3

CE sniper isn't the game changer the Halo 5 snipe is

They need to take off the bullet magnetism and make it on like 90 seconds and we're good fam

Yes I agree, a 90 second timer is a good happy medium for the Halo 5 sniper. Also if the sniper is still too OP even after removing the bullet magnetism from it then they can always make it spawn with less ammo.