CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Crouch strafe and thrust with an AR is godly against magnum users. I just watch their spartan flail around trying to line up a shot. I have mastered the AR.

The sad thing is, you could say this seriously and still be taken seriously, because it entirely works. Still very embarrassing to be killed this way.

And the disappointing fact that you aren't going to like to hear is that those 'varied gameplay experiences' weren't that popular.

Hence why H5 has a lot fewer modes, but each one in itself is far more expansive than what previous games offered.

Well, depends on which game your actually talking about. The only thing Reach had that was safe to call unpopolar was Campaign MM and niche playlists like OBJ. H4 I don't remember well but everything was equally unpopolar as time went on, but was still kinda feature-strong.

Each of the main parts of H5 are short on content. Campaign has no scoring, or theatre (i think). Arena is missing key playlists like Infection, snipers, doubles, etc. The only thing expansive about Arena is a weapon sandbox with redundancy unseen since H3.

Warzone is expansive obviously (it needed to be for the R$Q system to work), but only has 4 maps, giving the same variety as Invasion and Invasion Slayer essentially. It's also filled with an assload of filler content that nobody cares about to inflate the variety of cards. Like, imagine if there were 3 different power tiers of every shit yu-gi-oh card like Larvae Moth, and 5 different power tiers of every single spell, in the yu-ghi-oh card pool. The same exact card, with stats ranging from pointless to OP, with a card pool inflated 8x it's original size. It would be ridiculous, and that's what REQ's feel like, a bunch of crap I'll never want thats the same as what I already have. Quantity over quality again, as they like to do.

Theatre is ass, the worst it's ever been, and spectator mode is trash. Forge is the only example of going heads and above expectations with it's expansiveness, I have a man-crush on Tom French. And we still don't have a proper File Share system! Next gen gaming!

• Upvote (+1) 9

I have a man-crush on Tom French.

I think that applies to every single person in the Halo community, even if you dislike Forge. You can't not love the guy.

Woohoo mama I made it to the top! Yea I had played most of the new maps at least once before so I kinda had experience. I also just sit in the back with a BR and go for people that aren't looking at me. I play like a bitch in Breakout.

Yeah it's all over for the breakout playlist now though. My brother was on vacation in FL when I played you but now he's back with the napsack to carry the squad every game  :intensifies: 

Nah but we lost our first game 4-5 on Havoc, my brother never played it before, then we legitimately won 35-38 straight after. I'm 18 and he is like....15 or so probably. Bout to search in 20 mins if you are trying to match  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Theater is still broke :( Really bugs me how we seem to downgrade in a lot of things

Did they talk about File share for matches or anything? really sucks I cant get a lobby full of people to watch the same thing when everyone wasn't there.

I think that applies to every single person in the Halo community, even if you dislike Forge. You can't not love the guy.

That dude has answered every forge question I've ever had on twitter, for all intents and purposes he is now my waifu

If Halo 5 was on the PC we would have a proper file share, all the gametypes you could imagine, perfect aiming, a 4sk pistol, wider FoV, and pretty much everything else. Just saying MS/343.  B)

@@Duji

• Upvote (+1) 5

The sad thing is, you could say this seriously and still be taken seriously, because it entirely works. Still very embarrassing to be killed this way.

100%. It's a damn shame.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Heh but lets be honest, we've all fucking done it at one point. Even if only to see just how derp friendly it is.

EEEEEEXACTLY. I did it just earlier, and I felt like such a fuck.

EEEEEEXACTLY. I did it just earlier, and I felt like such a fuck.

We need a new support group, the AA (Automatics Anonymous)

Hey guys, I'm Killmachine, and I'm an automatic crouch-strafer

can confirm, I've gotten very tired of 343 but Tom French seems like he's the man.

can confirm, I've gotten very tired of 343 but Tom French seems like he's the man.

He's responded to a few of my non forge related questions too.  But mostly I like him because he posts pics of his pet pig.

Anybody wanna get a big warzone or BtB group going? invite: vin ftw

Yes.  I'm about to get on.  Keep an eye out for me!

I thought you were just a fake account trolling me and I still do but I'm not even sure anymore.

"ive had champion every season" - "u are low tier" lol. Well I wasted time looking at your linked gamertag on Halotracker and you were:

- Diamond 1 slayer and 1529 Team Arena in Season 1 (pre-season) = 0-1 there on champions

- 2100 in Arena, 1724 Slayer and I think Champion in Doubles for January Season = 1 champion total so far

- 1729 in Arena this season with no other ranks.

Pretty big waste of time looking this up considering I'm 75% sure this is someone I know trolling me or just some random fake account linking a fake gamertag. The ranks are respectable but there is only 1 champion ever here.

I finished with 4 champions so far, 5 if you consider the champ 18 in breakout this season. I let a few go away too (BTB last day it was ranked lol) and I had around 2100 in Arena last season finishing over 2k for it despite not really trying to get it up for awhile. I guess I'm "Low Tier" though because I prefer starting grenades and no MMR at least.

I don't think I am very good, but I am a well above-average player and I still would like to be able to play social playlists instead of being matched with the top 1-2% of players skill wise every game in this iteration of social.

My gamertag is: Joe T8 if you want to check my shit, I've had an onyx or champion in every playlist that has ever been released, not saying this to brag just because I am "Low Tier" apparently for wanting to occasionally play social like in every other Halo game.

Ok so ur looking me up and everything and i can do the same thing.

Joe t8 - champ in breakout

286 kills

320 deaths

Way to get carried dude ur not good we've played u before

286 kills

320 deaths

Am I in the HWC thread? 

Did they talk about File share for matches or anything? really sucks I cant get a lobby full of people to watch the same thing when everyone wasn't there.

Something, Something...Bandwith-343

286 kills

320 deaths

Lmao. Yeah so this is my friend. I already said I had an embarrassing negative K/D somehow, got over a 2 k/d on on an alt playing the same competition in breakout. 

I've never played "zninja merked" or whatever your gamertag is so this is either Rolders or it is more probable that it is one of my friends trolling so I'm going to stop responding at this point.

This is why I hate that casuals dictate game design

The legendary fighting franchise returns with STREET FIGHTER® V! Stunning visuals depict the next generation of World Warriors in unprecedented detail, while exciting and accessible battle mechanics deliver endless fighting fun that both beginners and veterans can enjoy.

Straight from the Steam store bio for SF5.

I don't understand...why does that even need to be said? Is Capcom that afraid that casuals won't wanna pick up SF?? Same can be said for Halo...with it being a nich-type game, why the need to market to casuals with the petty crap?

How about this. You guys both suck because you keep stroking your online persona in front of everyone thinking people here actually care. Seriously, you're embarrassing yourselves.

​Can't wait for the inevitable stat checking 

• Upvote (+1) 2