CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Double date have any forge maps?   There are some gold forge doubles maps!

As far as I've seen and heard from others...no.

But you're absolutely right about there being some great doubles maps out there.  343 has even featured a couple in the community spotlight.

Yeah because switching the map will surely change how I feel about a slow strafe speed, no movement options, and using only one weapon with high bullet magnetism.

The Pitt FFA is boring no matter what game it's in. Halo 5 doesn't even come close to being as exciting as H2/CE games. And those games have no sa's to speak of..

Also strafe speed and movement speed can be adjusted.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I've came to the conclusion the 343 purposely botched this Doubles playlist. Because Team Doubles is not part of their "vision" so they put together a trash playlist that nobody will like, makes their "numbers" look like no one likes Team Doubles. So in the future they can say from our "data" the Doubles playlist was not popular amount the community. Ergo we get no more doubles playlists(which should be a permanent playlist, with adjustments made to suit 2v2)

• Downvote (-1) 3

Just got banned for half an hour because my teammate quit one kill in a doubles match and I didn't feel like getting pounded for 30 minutes 

ZZzzzzz

Stop acting like adding the H2 BR start suddenly makes it so this playlist doesn't deserve ranks.

Or I won't. :P Having a weapon that destroys the skill-ceiling absolutely makes the playlist un-eligible for ranking alone, in my very personal opinion. It's an easy mode, social gametype. So far from ideal competitive gameplay that it's not even funny. It's also, as others have said, inconsistent in terms of loadout weapons competitively, and under no circumstances should a weekend playlist be ranked. BR's are a large part of my reasoning behind it, buuuuuuut not all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some I've came to the conclusion the 343 purposely botched this Doubles playlist. Because Team Doubles is not part of their "vision" so they put together a trash playlist that nobody will like, makes their "numbers" look like no one likes Team Doubles. So in the future they can say from our "data" the Doubles playlist was not popular amount the community. Ergo we get no more doubles playlists(which should be a permanent playlist, with adjustments made to suit 2v2)

What? I'm so utterly confused by how people on these forums can come up with conclusions like this.

Wait, what maps are in the playlist? I haven't been able to get on in the past couple days so I'm out of the loop.

As far as I know its the breakout maps with normal spawns and weapons placed on the maps.

You start off by epitomizing cognitive dissonance.  You finish by wanting me to give you motive, when you can't even begin to provide a logical motive for half the stuff that's been in this game since day one...much less motive for putting ugly-ass Breakout maps in a weekend-only Doubles playlist, where everyone spawns without grenades.

Why would I when that was never brought up in your first post? Your argument, the reasoning behind this discussion, was 343 is trying to change our opinion on Breakout. Why? Because they're using Breakout maps? What else? Most Breakout maps are no different then something like the Pit or Narrows. The only thing that makes them different is the canvas that's used. We're not playing Breakout. In fact, it's far from it. 

With my post I'm trying to think like 343(insert 343 is dumb post here). They obviously have a different way of doing things and how they make them a reality. I believe that @@Frankie has even said so here. Do I like that process? Obviously not but attempting to think like them helps me get a better understanding on how and why they do things. It doesn't make me any less frustrated with their decisions but I have a better idea of what's going on. Which leads me to my comment of "Your agenda". You, and others, bring up theories that fit the lines of "343 is purposely killing Halo" without any actual thought process or proof on the matter. 

Now like I said I don't like this. I would love to see more community maps and the ability to change the clip size of weapons just as much as the next guy.

What? I'm so utterly confused by how people on these forums can come up with conclusions like this.

Please enlighten us with what you think happened.

so I got done trying to play some "casual halo" on the doubles playlist, but I get matched up against high onyxes every game. It didn't help that the breakout maps plus H2 BR are complete trash.

EDIT: H2 BR isn't trash, its just really awkward to use. 

rant over.

Halo 3's population chart was active users in the past 24 hours afaik.

Reach and Halo 4 were real time.

Even then, still pretty good numbers 

The Pitt FFA is boring no matter what game it's in. Halo 5 doesn't even come close to being as exciting as H2/CE games. And those games have no sa's to speak of..

Also strafe speed and movement speed can be adjusted.

At this point were not even discussing my original post. You took a few words and completely ignored the whole point of it. Now we're going to continue this by somehow comparing past halos without even specifying any details.

Kinda pointless to continue this.

Wait, what maps are in the playlist? I haven't been able to get on in the past couple days so I'm out of the loop.

Breakout maps with mostly pink colors.

Yes, I'm serious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Breakout maps with mostly pink colors.

Yes, I'm serious.

Damn that kills all my hype. From the wording I thought they were gonna give some classic maps to go with the H2 BR. Should've just been pistol starts then.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Damn that kills all my hype. From the wording I thought they were gonna give some classic maps to go with the H2 BR. Should've just been pistol starts then.

Same here man. When I saw custom maps, that's what I thought as well. FeelsBadMan
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Or you know, they're using the Breakout pallet because it looks dope as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I get super confused with all the lines everywhere. Pylon was one of the worst Halo experiences of my life. It makes it hard for me to tell when things are going up or down, I get vertigo to the max.

It makes me trip out when the lines move tho

Or I won't. :P Having a weapon that destroys the skill-ceiling absolutely makes the playlist un-eligible for ranking alone, in my very personal opinion. It's an easy mode, social gametype. So far from ideal competitive gameplay that it's not even funny. It's also, as others have said, inconsistent in terms of loadout weapons competitively, and under no circumstances should a weekend playlist be ranked. BR's are a large part of my reasoning behind it, buuuuuuut not all.

Pistols only make up 33% of kills in Arena. Not having pistol starts doesn't drastically change the skill gap. 15-20 less pistol kills a game and Halo 5 becomes an unrankable skill less game to you? Pistol kills are a minority in arena lol.

Pistol vs. another precision weapon destroys the skill gap far more than BR vs BR. The only time pistols raise the skill gap is against another pistol.

Weekend playlist should never be ranked, but you're talking about how br starts don't deserve ranks, I'm not talking about a weekend playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's fine. But I'm not really into Breakout maps designed for Breakout with power weapons, no grenades, and such.

Arena Forge maps - with the Breakout Pallet, similar settings like Arena Slayer, would be better imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's fine. But I'm not really into Breakout maps designed for Breakout with power weapons, no grenades, and such.

Arena Forge maps - with the Breakout Pallet, similar settings like Arena Slayer, would be better imo.

Totally with you there.