CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Aww...that's cute!  I gave you a +1.  Hope it helps you feel warm and cozy inside.

Bro I think you're going a little tinfoily... Doubt its to promote Breakout again, it's never coming back (99% sure)

• Downvote (-1) 1

Aww...that's cute!  I gave you a +1.  Hope it helps you feel warm and cozy inside.

giphy.gif

Bro I think you're going a little tinfoily... Doubt its to promote Breakout again, it's never coming back (99% sure)

Plus it still has its own playlist. 

The creativity in this game is limitless 

Seeing this earlier and I was amazed at it and it only makes me excited for when we get more gametypes to make these kind of modes better. Bravo expressed his opinion on r/halo about wanting an Action sack playlist for mini-games like this

• Upvote (+1) 2

Need infection for most of the minigames to be worthwhile 

Would be gutted if I was a forger 

Need infection for most of the minigames to be worthwhile 

Would be gutted if I was a forger

I am no pro forger and I'M gutted

Best part of Halo 3 was the customs, no doubt.

"Bro"...I think you really should look up the term "cognitive dissonance".  

Um..what

Ok.  Let's play a game.  It's called "discussion".  

You clearly think my original claim was/is wrong.  So, instead of ignoring the actual claim, and simply attempting to discredit the person who made it (me) with meme's and "conspiracy" or "tinfoil" labels...you offer reasons why you think the claim is unfounded/incorrect/invalid/whatever.  

If your reasons are strong, perhaps you will change my mind.  If they are not, perhaps I will change your mind.  This is the healthy and natural progression of conversation and understanding.

On the other hand, calling things conspiracies (negative undertone) and projecting images of people as being tinfoil-hat wearing loonies (negative undertones), suggests you don't care to truly consider the claim...you'd prefer to enjoy a state of cognitive dissonance.

@@RyanW I urge you to consider playing the discussion game too.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ok. Let's play a game. It's called "discussion".

You clearly think my original claim was/is wrong. So, instead of ignoring the actual claim, and simply attempting to discredit the person who made it (me) with meme's and "conspiracy" or "tinfoil" labels...you offer reasons why you think the claim is unfounded/incorrect/invalid/whatever.

If your reasons are strong, perhaps you will change my mind. If they are not, perhaps I will change your mind. This is the healthy and natural progression of conversation and understanding.

On the other hand, calling things conspiracies (negative undertone) and projecting images of people as being tinfoil-hat wearing loonies (negative undertones), suggests you don't care to truly consider the claim...you'd prefer to enjoy a state of cognitive dissonance.

Its called occams razor. Simplest solution is the most likely.

A conspiracy to keep breakout in...not likely.

I'd "discuss" your idea if it had some actual standing

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's crazy that one of the few games that has a custom map builder like forge in Halo doesn't have a server browser. And we're all playing on dedicated servers for custom games.

99% of players will never experience any of these crazy maps or custom games. What do you think is stopping 343 from implementing a server browser, something that's been avaliable in games since the PS2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok.  Let's play a game.  It's called "discussion".  

You clearly think my original claim was/is wrong.  So, instead of ignoring the actual claim, and simply attempting to discredit the person who made it (me) with meme's and "conspiracy" or "tinfoil" labels...you offer reasons why you think the claim is unfounded/incorrect/invalid/whatever.  

If your reasons are strong, perhaps you will change my mind.  If they are not, perhaps I will change your mind.  This is the healthy and natural progression of conversation and understanding.

@@RyanW I urge you to consider playing the discussion game too.

Alright I'll bite.

I posted the tinfoil hat image because it was exactly that, a tinfoil hat conspiracy with no ground or proof and only posted to fit your agenda. Why on earth would continue to push Breakout like that when 1.) They got caught with their pants down already and that lead to them removing it from the HCS and 2.) It still has it's own playlist?

If anything this was a way to experiment if these maps could work in things outside of Breakout. We know Doubles needs work when it comes to maps as the original dev maps aren't suited for them. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think I found your problem..

Yeah because switching the map will surely change how I feel about a slow strafe speed, no movement options, and using only one weapon with high bullet magnetism.

If anything this was a way to experiment if these maps could work in things outside of Breakout. We know Doubles needs work when it comes to maps as the original dev maps aren't suited for them. 

They must know that these breakout maps are complete garbage though, just grab some maps that the community has made there are people working on 2v2 maps for a Forgehub contest I know a fair few have working versions.

To be fair, it isn't exactly the maps, as much as it is weapon placement. Beyond tournaments show 1v1's working really well, and that's taking out two players.

They must know that these breakout maps are complete garbage though

Some of the Breakout maps are actually pretty decent for 4-player Slayer. I tested it a while back with some TB people.

3 months in and the only community made maps in MM are Breakout. What id the hard on 343 has with Breakout, isn't even a new concept, its Elimination with a mancannon and flag.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some of the Breakout maps are actually pretty decent for 4-player Slayer. I tested it a while back with some TB people.

Admittedly I haven't played on them that much I only played a few games of breakout and just remember being amazed by how boring they were, Ill give them another look.

"Better than the automatics"? In regards to the weapon class the H2 BR fills? Hell no. It's equally as bad (IF not WORSE, compared to the normal BR) and entirely hampers the competitive viability of a playlist to not deserve ranks. BTB is the perfect example of a stunted skill ceiling due to BR starts.

You know pistol kills only make up around 33% of people's kills in Arena, on average, right?

The rest come from ADS automatics with headshot multipliers and zoom in recoil reduction, lock on melees as well as thruster charge melees, spamming nades after seeing hit markers, a fucking JOKE of a sniper rifle, killing people with easy ass precision weapons while they have a pistol because you happened to walk by an easier weapon and they didn't, throwing splinter nades after you completely get fucked up in a 1vs1, crouching and watching radar, etc.

Stop acting like adding the H2 BR start suddenly makes it so this playlist doesn't deserve ranks.

Alright I'll bite.

I posted the tinfoil hat image because it was exactly that, a tinfoil hat conspiracy with no ground or proof and only posted to fit your agenda. Why on earth would continue to push Breakout like that when 1.) They got caught with their pants down already and that lead to them removing it from the HCS and 2.) It still has it's own playlist?

You start off by epitomizing cognitive dissonance.  You finish by wanting me to give you motive, when you can't even begin to provide a logical motive for half the stuff that's been in this game since day one...much less motive for putting ugly-ass Breakout maps in a weekend-only Doubles playlist, where everyone spawns without grenades.

"your agenda"...  Oh, right... I'm the one with an agenda.   Please...tell me more.  Seriously.  Let's hear it. Let's see who straps the tinfoil on around here.

Fixing doubles has nothing to do with changing the maps.  To fix doubles, all that must be done is change which weapons spawn on maps, and reduce the total number of power weapons on maps.  

Breakout maps have never been requested to be part of Team Doubles, or any other highly demanded playlist for that matter.  Breakout maps are not preferred over anything other than Overgrowth and Riptide...period...even lego-land, no texture whatsoever Forge maps are largely preferred over Breakout.  However, community-forged maps (remakes and originals) have been requested over and over, specifically for a playlist JUST LIKE THIS ONE.

If this were an experiment like you suggest, it might be worth a go a year or so from now.  As of right now, whatever results come of it will serve the players and fans a whole great big none.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1