CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

HIDDEN RANKING SYSTEM?!?! PERFECT <3 

343 really knows how to reach my heart. I fucking love playing 2v2 on a RED GAMBOL against sweaty fucks right when I wake up not expecting it to be MMR City without STARTING GRENADES for some reason. 

This playlist is a fucking joke. Just when you think they were about to release a good weekend playlist they release this trough of diarrhea. This playlist was basically falsely advertised as much as the fucking campaign. "community forge 2v2 maps" MOTHERFUCKER they are regular breakout MAPS. 

I'm basically as salty as the dead sea right now. 

I just looked it up, first game I played some kid who I recognized who was a 2126 in team arena this season. I played with someone who I would never have played with if I had known it was hidden ranks, aka I thought this was a fucking social playlist with a fresh MMR. Kids weren't even good they abused the shotgun on fucking red gambol. Why are we playing a 2v2 on Gambol? 20 minute banhammer just to put the cherry on top, thanks 343 you're the FUCKING BEST.  :trash:  :salt:  :lxthul:

@@Moa put forth the idea/theory that MMR from regular Doubles was carried over to this playlist, hence the placement, which seems reasonable. I myself am personally frustrated beyond all belief at the playlist. I don't mind the maps, I don't mind the power weapons (Except the SAW. Big middle finger to that), but I DO hate how you don't start off with a grenade, and I have my aforementioned issues with the H2 BR. Played three games of Doubles and saw more Perfect Kills in those games, than the last three games of Slayer I played. Unbelievable. Didn't even have a secondary weapon. Just your BR. No Magnum, no AR. Ugh,

• Upvote (+1) 1

My point was is that you're literally all worse than the people who like bloom and it's the main reason why everyone who has a brain thinks this thread is bad... k thx bye

Chill out major grade 8.

Dude goes to 2 tournaments and he's already making it to top EU player lobbies tho

Edit: I got triggered

Top EU lobbies.

So what's that? Like the 950th best players on earth?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is there any confirmation of this because it literally makes no sense. H3's population rose and fell during the day. Ie it would peak from like 5-10 eastern time and then fall off heading towards midnight and the population would never reset to 0. If it was a 24 counter the number would at some point reset to 0 and then only ever rise.

it had two different I believe. One in game and one on the website.

Double date is a HUGE disappointment. Why breakout map? Why power weapons? Why spawn with no nades? Why? Why? Why?

Should have made it on H2 remake maps, correct spawning nades and etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 3 showed real-time players in game.

That's what I thought. I just hear this h3 used a 24 counter nonsense all over the place.

I'm pretty sure h3 switched to 24 AFTER reach launched.

So what are you salty about?

Let me break it down for you : ) :

- This valentine's double's playlist uses CSR from old doubles playlist and/or has a strong hidden MMR system

- I can only search this "SOCIAL" playlist with the best people on my list because of said hidden ranks or get destroyed

- There are no starting grenades and all the maps are identical to breakout maps probably (played gambol so far)

- It might as well be fucking ranked, I'd actually play easier competition and have more incentive/fun playing it

- I quit out of my first game, matching one player 2100+ in arena this season and the other 2000+, first game of a social playlist with a friend I wouldn't search ranked doubles with, first game I quit out of in like 2 days = Insta - 20 minute ban hammer. 

- Now I don't feel like playing this playlist because I know I am going to play elite top 1% competition for no ranks and I am on Madden because I was banned for 20 minutes. People wonder why Halo is 11-12th most played on the list too...might have something to do with the hidden MMR where I literally play better competition at sub 1700 or 1700s onyx than others do at 1800-1900+ by far and this is a fact. Ranks are a fucking joke because of MMR too. No actual social playlists just trying to force you into Warzone which gets boring after 2-3 games. I don't know else to put it, I am disappointed by like 90% of the things that this game does/343 does. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

You guys realise that people play this game competitive on all skill levels? Competitive is not = skill.

First the "everything is fine posts" now the "get good" posts. Reminds me of another website.

Well I mean it's not like this thread was any good beforehand... There is a reason why this thread is awful and the HWC thread has lot's of new people posting

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well I mean it's not like this thread was any good beforehand... There is a reason why this thread is awful and the HWC thread has lot's of new people posting

Maybe...just maybe it's because they're more interested in the esport scene and don't care much to post about gameplay?

@@Moa put forth the idea/theory that MMR from regular Doubles was carried over to this playlist, hence the placement, which seems reasonable. I myself am personally frustrated beyond all belief at the playlist. I don't mind the maps, I don't mind the power weapons (Except the SAW. Big middle finger to that), but I DO hate how you don't start off with a grenade, and I have my aforementioned issues with the H2 BR. Played three games of Doubles and saw more Perfect Kills in those games, than the last three games of Slayer I played. Unbelievable. Didn't even have a secondary weapon. Just your BR. No Magnum, no AR. Ugh,

Yeah this playlist fucking sucks basically, no other way to put it. I might try again later with my brother but it will be extremely sweaty and probably unenjoyable even if we win most of our games. 

They definitely are using old doubles ranks which makes no sense because GameDay Slayer had a fresh CSR/hidden rank clearly when that was out. So basically 343 is incompetent if that's surprising to anybody because they think it's a good idea to carry over old doubles ranks to a completely different playlist that is unranked. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's what I thought. I just hear this h3 used a 24 counter nonsense all over the place.

I'm pretty sure h3 switched to 24 AFTER reach launched.

reach also eventually switched to this I believe.

I like this thread better than the HWC thread. Don't get me wrong the HWC thread has good stuff when things are actually happening, but most of the time it's just people talking about scrims, scrim scores, a lot of dumb semi off-topic shit, dumb drama stuff (Denial and Devonator). 

I think this thread has a lot of good and interesting content...obviously not as many sweaty/good h5 players post here regularly as logic would dictate. There's a lot of deadtime for the HWC thread basically where as this thread is more free-range with it's topics. 

Well I saw people there thinking radar and autos are fine and not understanding the Halo sandbox at all thinking a 4shot pistol would be OP. I was shocked.

I love the HWC thread but dont see a reason to compare them.  And not that I disagree with you that this thread is shit sometimes, but calling everyone bad might not be a good way to say it.

It seems like everything 343 does is just ass backwards like its actually difficult to see their logic sometimes, at this point I have zero trust in this company.

Dark times Harry.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I like this thread better than the HWC thread. Don't get me wrong the HWC thread has good stuff when things are actually happening, but most of the time it's just people talking about scrims, scrim scores, a lot of dumb semi off-topic shit, dumb drama stuff (Denial and Devonator).

I think this thread has a lot of good and interesting content...obviously not as many sweaty/good h5 players post here regularly as logic would dictate. There's a lot of deadtime for the HWC thread basically where as this thread is more free-range with it's topics.

Basic pro d-riding.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Absolutely but discarding people's opinions because they dont play 8 hours a day and have obligations and aren't HCS pro is pretty lame in my book.

And this game is nowhere NEAR h1. We know how the games plays: simple, and skillful. Halo 5 is not even close, and the grievances people have for competitive play (and no they dont have to be champion 5 to voice complaints) are vaid. Radar? Come on.

Again, you're not getting my point. Your opinions should make sense in higher level of play which doesn't require you to be the best or anything. I'll take Audleys opinion over anyone else over here even though he's not a good player who ever hits Onyx. He just understands the current meta game.

Making opinions that make sense about the game is cool, sounding like your from bnet or waypoint, not so good

Also where does this ever end? People here laugh at waypoint players for being low skill and say their problems with the game don't make sense with higher level of play but that doesn't work with you.

Radar is stupid you see it in higher level of play as well. I stalk vicX and I see him crouching a lot which is a problem for example. I however, don't see even 30% of the kills being resulted from autos. I also saw from x Games the auto use wasn't anything less that was online at scrims.

Brah analogies don't have to be completely binary. They're used to have people understand a statement and have some similarity but not binary. The point I'm making is that lower level players generally don't know what they're talking about unless they have some analyzing skills (Audley)

If someone tells me doubles is running on laps Spartan charging people (which popular posters here who were replying when someone was genuinely asking for advice) is the best way to play, I'm going to assume you really don't know what you're talking about. Same thing if someone says Autos are prevalent to the point they get most kills or something when its 6% or lower

And if the issue is that these issues only get ramified after a certain threshold, then get better lol. If that's the issue I assume you guys would like auto combos in Melee for Fox since he's only top tier or CF using drop shield is the only way to leave a bad situation. once you utilize those high tech stuff you actually understand why the tier list is the way it is. which takes much longer than getting "ok" at h5.

Edit: maybe I'm just from a different philosophy which most here don't buy as I'm from a different community which gets no one anywhere. Or I'm probably dumb, oh well.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Absolutely but discarding people's opinions because they dont play 8 hours a day and have obligations and aren't HCS pro is pretty lame in my book.

You mean just like how a number of people in this thread regularly shit on the supposedly bad opinions of people from other Halo communities on the Internet?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

To the people with constant complaints about the game.

Do you guys try organizing and recording any matches with the abilities turned off or play on the classic maps that you guys want? I'm being serious. Don't we have a lot of the tools to replicate or get close to some settings that you want? I understand the issue is that you want vanilla halo to represent classic and have this available to play in matchmaking but still. Is there even an attempt?

I think I creeped on @@KingNick one time and he was playing No Sprint Pit FFA BR starts. Could just be my opinion but it was incredibly boring to watch.

I ask this because I remember in Reach and Halo 4 there were groups of players not happy with default settings. They ended up making the changes either through the settings or through modding and organized lobbies for people to play. So yeah, I don't blame you guys for wanting to have these changes and have it be available for people to play through matchmaking. I'm just confused as to what exactly you guys are doing? I've never continued to play a game I disliked or opted for worse settings if I could play with better ones. I mean there seem like there are so many people here who want to play these settings, you guys should have no problem getting 8.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If gold pro back in Reach was a big minority opinion and I was invited a ton by Yoseph/Chef linguini and we had constant 8s getting gold pro in this game should easy

Double date is a HUGE disappointment. Why breakout map? Why power weapons? Why spawn with no nades? Why? Why? Why?

Should have made it on H2 remake maps, correct spawning nades and etc.

You really don't see how it's an attempt to change the way people think and feel about Breakout?  I thought it was disgustingly obvious.

You mean just like how a number of people in this thread regularly shit on the supposedly bad opinions of people from other Halo communities on the Internet?

And am I one of those people? I would like to think not...

I also argue my gameplay opinion on strictly GAMEPLAY alone, not lore or campaigns or novels.

Again, you're not getting my point. Your opinions should make sense in higher level of play which doesn't require you to be the best or anything. I'll take Audleys opinion over anyone else over here even though he's not a good player who ever hits Onyx. He just understands the current meta game.

Making opinions that make sense about the game is cool, sounding like your from bnet or waypoint, not so good

Also where does this ever end? People here laugh at waypoint players for being low skill and say their problems with the game don't make sense with higher level of play but that doesn't work with you.

Radar is stupid you see it in higher level of play as well. I stalk vicX and I see him crouching a lot which is a problem for example. I however, don't see even 30% of the kills being resulted from autos. I also saw from x Games the auto use wasn't anything less that was online at scrims.

Brah analogies don't have to be completely binary. They're used to have people understand a statement and have some similarity but not binary. The point I'm making is that lower level players generally don't know what they're talking about unless they have some analyzing skills (Audley)

If someone tells me doubles is running on laps Spartan charging people (which popular posters here who were replying when someone was genuinely asking for advice) is the best way to play, I'm going to assume you really don't know what you're talking about. Same thing if someone says Autos are prevalent to the point they get most kills or something when its 6% or lower

And if the issue is that these issues only get ramified after a certain threshold, then get better lol. If that's the issue I assume you guys would like auto combos in Melee for Fox since he's only top tier or CF using drop shield is the only way to leave a bad situation. once you utilize those high tech stuff you actually understand why the tier list is the way it is. which takes much longer than getting "ok" at h5.

Edit: maybe I'm just from a different philosophy which most here don't buy as I'm from a different community which gets no one anywhere. Or I'm probably dumb, oh well.

Sure. I know what exactly what you are saying. I'm not a high level halo 5 player by any means, but I notice a fundamental difference betweem game issues being alleviated at high levrl and game issues alleviated at the start.

What do I mean? so for example, the AR in CE vs Halo 5. There is no subjective need to be the best player with the magnum to beat the AR in halo 1 like how it is in Halo 5. If you had just started and tested the weapons, the pistol in CE would dominate the AR everytime and would usually not be guaranteed to drop you to no shields. Not the case with Halo 5.

Now of course I have never played high level Halo 5, so my perspective is skewed, but if your weapons are so close in terms of TTK and effectiveness that the only way such balance is remedied is only at high level, I feel there is issue with the game's design.

Radar is just bad period. No excuses for it; we all know it. It sucked 10 years ago and it sucks now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You really don't see how it's an attempt to change the way people think and feel about Breakout?  I thought it was disgustingly obvious.

conspiracy.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1