CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I agree that there's some merit in thrust, but it really needs proper kill times for it to work properly imo. As it is right now I think it's used more as a defensive tool rather than offensive.

i agree faster TTK would be solid. I think a 4 shot pistol with decreased bullet mag across the board for rifles as well would make everything excellent. The Thruster offensively would be more viable with less bullet mag, the guns kill faster so escapability is harder, etc

Though tbh I think Thrust currently is probably the mechanic most halo players really mess up on. A lot of people just throw it out there which is bad

• Upvote (+1) 1

My point was is that you're literally all worse than the people who like bloom and it's the main reason why everyone who has a brain thinks this thread is bad... k thx bye

You're never going to go pro even though you play for 8 hours per day :)

• Upvote (+1) 9

DAMN SON. STRAIGHT TO THE HEART

• Upvote (+1) 2

But dude, that online warrior ping.  B)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude goes to 2 tournaments and he's already making it to top EU player lobbies tho

Edit: I got triggered

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the point Batchford is making is a lot of these negatives simply aren't true at higher level of play. Someone here suggested you are supposed to run around shoulder bashing people in Soubles and it works very well and here I am attempting that on Champion level Dubs and I get smacked around.

Then I heard someone say you use autos so much in the game when empirical evidence says its below 6%

Then I heard Thruster is only used for defensive maneuvers which is incredibly false at higher levels of play.

Then someone said this game is so auto centric that rifles are not that important but then later goes on how the meta of the game will change with players pop shooting which makes no sense with autos

Someone also legit asked for help in doubles and someone suggested to not have any map control and shoulder bash people. Literally only one person gave the guy a good guide on doubles and how to play it, the rest were idiotic at higher levels of play

I can go on about this

But I have played this game on high level. I was in champion in arena during the first season. The problems get even more severe on that level, I'm sorry I don't think crouching around the corner with a AR/SR out will ever be skillful, or radar, or easy to use precision weapons.. The fact that people are actually playing this for money makes my head hurt. Sorry call me a hater/scrub all you guys want but don't sit there and act like the game is perfect and nothing needs fixing.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Dude goes to 2 tournaments and he's already making it to top EU player lobbies. Stop adding in ad hominems to calm your salt

He's getting invited to both EU pro lobbies? Oh shit, damn my bad

lol and don't take that post too seriously. Mainly just fuckin around with bitchford

Dude goes to 2 tournaments and he's already making it to top EU player lobbies. Stop adding in ad hominems to calm your salt

He's messing with him dude. He's not the salty one right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's getting invited to both EU pro lobbies? Oh shit, damn my bad

Whether or not, good progress to him

I think the point Batchford is making is a lot of these negatives simply aren't true at higher level of play. Someone here suggested you are supposed to run around shoulder bashing people in Soubles and it works very well and here I am attempting that on Champion level Dubs and I get smacked around.

Then I heard someone say you use autos so much in the game when empirical evidence says its below 6%

Then I heard Thruster is only used for defensive maneuvers which is incredibly false at higher levels of play.

Then someone said this game is so auto centric that rifles are not that important but then later goes on how the meta of the game will change with players pop shooting which makes no sense with autos

Someone also legit asked for help in doubles and someone suggested to not have any map control and shoulder bash people. Literally only one person gave the guy a good guide on doubles and how to play it, the rest were idiotic at higher levels of play

I can go on about this

Edit: like Justin 3ber said the scrub mentality is strong here

The pros are good enough at the mental aspect of the game that the meta on their level is shaped around explicitly avoiding the stupid bits of Halo, instead of being repeatedly abused by them. It's right there in your example about automatics - pros know not to get caught alone in close quarters in this game, because it doesn't matter how good their shot is, a storm rifle is going to mop them up.

If they're truly good, then the game doesn't change for them if we have a Halo game with low kill times, better flow, and difficult weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's getting invited to both EU pro lobbies? Oh shit, damn my bad

Go play Halo PC.

But I have played this game on high level. I was in champion in arena during the first season. The problems get even more severe on that level, I'm sorry I don't think crouching around the corner with a AR/SR out will ever be skillful, or radar, or easy to use precision weapons.. The fact that people are actually playing this for money makes my head hurt. Sorry call me a hater/scrub all you guys want but don't sit there and act like the game is perfect and nothing needs fixing.

Lol no one is saying the game needs no fixing, I talk to Batchford and Justin 3ber relatively daily and none of us think the game is perfect

And the point I'm making with AR/SR is that the game isn't centralized when it comes to kills statistically. It's just a lot (but not all) suggestions here aren't apparent later on. The BR is easy, the DMR is easy and the pistol needs a buff or the autos need a nerf and the radar should go. No one is disagreeing on that, what I'm trying to say though is that the exaggerated complaints in this game are ridiculous at times and honestly when it comes to game tips most peoole here really don't know what they're talking about.

We played money for h3 Who cares lol

Lol no one is saying the game needs no fixing, I talk to Batchford and Justin 3ber relatively daily and none of us think the game is perfect

And the point I'm making with AR/SR is that the game isn't centralized when it comes to kills statistically. It's just a lot (but not all) suggestions here aren't apparent later on. The BR is easy, the DMR is easy and the pistol needs a buff or the autos need a nerf and the radar should go. No one is disagreeing on that, what I'm trying to say though is that the exaggerated complaints in this game are ridiculous at times and honestly when it comes to game tips most peoole here really don't know what they're talking about.

I am not a fan of people being called bad because they have a negative opinion of the game lol

I dont think halo 5 is literally satan but its not super enjoyable....it doesnt feel Halo to me. Especially solo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If H5 was after Reach, I wouldn't have the same distain I currently have for the game. I'll still complain about the obvious shortcomings but I'll be a lot more optimistic. I had to deal with H3,Reach,H4,MCC and I just can't do it anymore. H5 needed to just get it right, and it falls flat on its face. Every thing that's wrong with the game is 1 title update away from being fix.

We've been saying and doing the same thing over and over. I know a lot of skilled halo players who just stopped playing halo after H3/Reach. It's a shame to lose talent like that because of missed potential. I guarantee if the same guys from back in the day were still around, the competitive scene would be much more exciting and entertaining.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've got tons of qualms with this game but at the end of the day I like it more than any Halo since CE and I just want to keep playing/getting better.

I'm much more interested than getting groups together for customs or MM than just running over the same old ground. But I've been airing grievances with Halo since the bnet Halo 2 days so I suppose I'm just glad to have a game I enjoy for what it's worth.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Valentines playlist is dumb, putting power weapons on Breakout maps and giving us no grenades what a fucking joke.

• Upvote (+1) 4

not to bad a playlist IMO, besides the maps.

nvm, maps made for .6 TTK with cover everywhere+easiest starting weapon in the game+radar+OP automatics=lol

I am not a fan of people being called bad because they have a negative opinion of the game lol

I dont think halo 5 is literally satan but its not super enjoyable....it doesnt feel Halo to me. Especially solo.

Negative =\= bad

Opinion that makes no sense in higher levels of play is bad.

Do you get the difference there? I don't really care if someone doesn't like the game, that's fine and understandable. People can trip on h1 and hate it and that's fine but as soon as someone says H1 is just people 3sk people everywhere is when you know they're playing at s very low level

Negative =\= bad

Opinion that makes no sense in higher levels of play is bad.

Do you get the difference there? I don't really care if someone doesn't like the game, that's fine and understandable. People can trip on h1 and hate it and that's fine but as soon as someone says H1 is just people 3sk people everywhere is when you know they're playing at s very low level

Absolutely but discarding people's opinions because they dont play 8 hours a day and have obligations and aren't HCS pro is pretty lame in my book.

And this game is nowhere NEAR h1. We know how the games plays: simple, and skillful. Halo 5 is not even close, and the grievances people have for competitive play (and no they dont have to be champion 5 to voice complaints) are vaid. Radar? Come on.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Halo 3's population chart was active users in the past 24 hours afaik.

Reach and Halo 4 were real time.

Is there any confirmation of this because it literally makes no sense. H3's population rose and fell during the day. Ie it would peak from like 5-10 eastern time and then fall off heading towards midnight and the population would never reset to 0. If it was a 24 counter the number would at some point reset to 0 and then only ever rise.

• Upvote (+1) 3

HIDDEN RANKING SYSTEM?!?! PERFECT <3

343 really knows how to reach my heart. I fucking love playing 2v2 on a RED GAMBOL against sweaty fucks right when I wake up not expecting it to be MMR City without STARTING GRENADES for some reason.

This playlist is a fucking joke. Just when you think they were about to release a good weekend playlist they release this trough of diarrhea. This playlist was basically falsely advertised as much as the fucking campaign. "community forge 2v2 maps" MOTHERFUCKER they are regular breakout MAPS.

I'm basically as salty as the dead sea right now.

I just looked it up, first game I played some kid who I recognized who was a 2126 in team arena this season. I played with someone who I would never have played with if I had known it was hidden ranks, aka I thought this was a fucking social playlist with a fresh MMR. Kids weren't even good they abused the shotgun on fucking red gambol. Why are we playing a 2v2 on Gambol? 20 minute banhammer just to put the cherry on top, thanks 343 you're the FUCKING BEST. :trash: :salt::lxthul:

So what are you salty about?
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Is there any confirmation of this because it literally makes no sense. H3's population rose and fell during the day. Ie it would peak from like 5-10 eastern time and then fall off heading towards midnight and the population would never reset to 0. If it was a 24 counter the number would at some point reset to 0 and then only ever rise.

Halo 3 showed real-time players in game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 showed real-time players in game.

The good ole days. Halo3 had 1.5 mill people the opening weekend online at the same time