CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This playlist is a complete mess, what a let down. I thought we were getting community maps, not just pink Breakout maps for slayer.

Is that really all it is? 

Sprint

Thrusters

AR

SMG

SR

Shotguns

Sniper

Spartan charge

But H2BR is where we draw the line?

Fucking A man. Some people are acting like it's a guaranteed perfect kill very time. The BR in Halo 2 was far easier but somehow that game was far more competitive than Halo 5. Weird. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man what a let down. This playlist is absolute trash.

Breakout maps with shotguns and h2 brs lmao.

Back to arena for me.

i wish they just used regular arena maps 4v4 with h2 br start... now that woulda been a fun weekend.

Fucking A man. Some people are acting like it's a guaranteed perfect kill very time. The BR in Halo 2 was far easier but somehow that game was far more competitive than Halo 5. Weird.

Its almost like aiming isn't the only thing that makes halo skillful.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I find it rather ironic that everyone who moans about the competitive merit of this game are dogshit at it for the most part. lmao

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I find it rather ironic that everyone who moans about the competitive merit of this game are dogshit at it for the most part. lmao

:wutface:

Some pros prefer radar, bloom, sprint, etc. 

That is all I have to say on that point. 

I lied: I've only gotten to Master Guardian Elite in CSGO but even I knew the revolver and AR changes were bad for competitive play. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

H5 has the most powerful incarnation of the ar. CE's is purely a situational weapon, for finding camo players, draining os, quick melee, etc.

H5's a straight up primary weapon, and it has everything we complain about the BR to the extreme. Crazy spread, heavy bullet mag etc. But no one seems to have a problem with it.

LOL we've all complained....read the last 100 pages of his thread

Halo 5 AR should stay as a secondary and give us a buffed pistol, then we'd be good

Its almost like aiming isn't the only thing that makes halo skillful.

its also one of the important parts and having a super easy gun is pretty dumb competitively. Whether you likes/dislike the other parts of the game, you don't add on the stupidity by making a super easy rifle compared to what you have already.

I swear this forum will let anything slide if it was in h2. Next I'll hear dynamic powerr weapons were good lol

H2 was bad competitively lets not use that as an example of a strong competitive halo please

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Try again...

My point was is that you're literally all worse than the people who like bloom and it's the main reason why everyone who has a brain thinks this thread is bad... k thx bye

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

its also one of the important parts and having a super easy gun is pretty dumb competitively. Whether you likes/dislike the other parts of the game, you don't add on the stupidity by making a super easy rifle compared to what you have already.

I swear this forum will let anything slide if it was in h2. Next I'll hear dynamic powerr weapons were good lol

H2 was bad competitively lets not use that as an example of a strong competitive halo please

H2 is a more competitive game then the current H5. Do I believe H5 has the potential of being better than H2, of course. All it'll take is a few minor changes. But this complacency attitude that I'm seeing on the forum is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I actually saw a post on another thread that said spartan abilities are skillful..

This has to stop if we want to make this game the best it can be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather have the starting weapon be a little easier if it meant I don't have to spawn at a disadvantage. I'd rather have a 4sk pistol with little to no bullet magnetism but that isn't happening anytime soon. 

But it's whatever, I can't play this game seriously anyway when the aiming system literally takes away all my confidence. I used to play at a much higher level than I can now, all because my twitchy style of aiming that I've always used is now impossible. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

My point was is that you're literally all worse than the people who like bloom and it's the main reason why everyone who has a brain thinks this thread is bad... k thx bye

LOL

O

L

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, you're worse too. I fail to see the connection between being pro at the game and understanding the competitive merits. I don't care how good someone is, if they tell me radar is good for Halo I will laugh at their face because they are flat out wrong. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

1v1 me bro

This is one of worse cases of argument of authority I've ever seen. Rather than coming up with a counter argument, you call people who disagree with you bad.

They probably press the delete button by mistake. It's back so I assume they CTRL + Z'd it.

Let's just hope they don't ALT+F4 the servers while they're face smashing the keyboard.

H2 is a more competitive game then the current H5. Do I believe H5 has the potential of being better than H2, of course. All it'll take is a few minor changes. But this complacency attitude that I'm seeing on the forum is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I actually saw a post on another thread that said spartan abilities are skillful..

This has to stop if we want to make this game the best it can be.

Not gonna really argue against that, my point was that you don't add on stupidity because you think the other stuff is already stupid.

Gonna get negged hard but a player who uses their thrust in fights really well is dirty af compared to someone who has a mediocre Thrust use. There's a lot of use for it in Strafes. However if the thrust is worse for the game competitively overall from other parts of it (escapability) is another story. But you can't really deny that Thrust has some really good offensive use in higher level of play and some players are strarting to get really scary with it

So, BR starts made this gametype more frustrating than I thought. Who'd have known. Playlist is horrible. Which sucks, because I was really looking forward to it. Whoever put the SAW on Trench? I hope you're demoted, Spartan. 

I've trashed Halo 2 more than anybody here in the past but it was still more competitive than Halo 5 is currently. Without question. 

Radar, storm, AR, sprint, thrust, clamber, radar again, maps, etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some pros prefer radar, bloom, sprint, etc. 

That is all I have to say on that point. 

I lied: I've only gotten to Master Guardian Elite in CSGO but even I knew the revolver and AR changes were bad for competitive play. 

The problem with using pro opinions is that they have a direct interest in keeping things that make them place better. Why would I want radar removed if I'm on EG/Allegiance/CLG? I'm already at the top, the only thing removing it could do is possibly let another team be better than me.

The trick is to get the opinions of good, non-pro, players who are open minded. If someone says "radar in any way shape or form is bad for competitive play because it wasn't in the old Halo games" then they are no good. But if someone said "radar could be altered to work for competitive play", and then maybe gave some examples of how, then their opinion that radar is bad has merit because they are atleast open to the possibility that they could be wrong.

Batch is right though. Most of the people I see on here bitching about stuff tend to be complete ass at the game. The scrub mentality is strong in the Halo community unfortunately.

I actually saw a post on another thread that said spartan abilities are skillful..

(not really calling you out, its just that it was the most recent post)

See, a post like this shows that his/her opinions are biased based on past titles. While not all spartan abilities are good (spartan charge being the worst offender) some of them add to the game. Ground pound is awesome, stabilizers add cool little tricks and jumps, and Thruster is great (though I do think it could use a bit of a rework with how the energy is used/gained).

Yeah, we know that we need things like a fast TTK, weapons on maps, fast strafe, etc to make a good Halo game. But a lot of the things people bitch about are not in this list of requirements.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not gonna really argue against that, my point was that you don't add on stupidity because you think the other stuff is already stupid.

Gonna get negged hard but a player who uses their thrust in fights really well is dirty af compared to someone who has a mediocre Thrust use. There's a lot of use for it in Strafes. However if the thrust is worse for the game competitively overall from other parts of it (escapability) is another story. But you can't really deny that Thrust has some really good offensive use in higher level of play and some players are strarting to get really scary with it

I agree that there's some merit in thrust, but it really needs proper kill times for it to work properly imo. As it is right now I think it's used more as a defensive tool rather than offensive.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think the point Batchford is making is a lot of these negatives simply aren't true at higher level of play. Someone here suggested you are supposed to run around shoulder bashing people in Soubles and it works very well and here I am attempting that on Champion level Dubs and I get smacked around.

Then I heard someone say you use autos so much in the game when empirical evidence says its below 6%

Then I heard Thruster is only used for defensive maneuvers which is incredibly false at higher levels of play.

Then someone said this game is so auto centric that rifles are not that important but then later goes on how the meta of the game will change with players pop shooting which makes no sense with autos

Someone also legit asked for help in doubles and someone suggested to not have any map control and shoulder bash people. Literally only one person gave the guy a good guide on doubles and how to play it, the rest were idiotic at higher levels of play

I can go on about this

Edit: like Justin 3ber said the scrub mentality is strong here

• Upvote (+1) 3