CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Went and played Swat since I couldn't find a game in Arena and it has to be the worst gametype ever for Halo 5. It's just a tradefest.

A consistent 30k with average people only playing 2 hours a day is still ~360,000 unique users daily.  Not too bad.

It's pretty fucking bad 3 & a half months after launch. Especially when it stops me from getting any matches at all which happens in every playlist every day.

I agree they shouldn't be starting weapons but I don't think it matters at all for a weekend playlist being ranked....fucking rumble rockets was ranked. Shotty Snipers was ranked. Idk I just think you realllly don't want it to be ranked but it's irrelevant because of MMR/hidden ranks anyway. It will be social though I'd bet on that. 

Trying to justify ranking one playlist off of past ranked playlists which was a mistake in its own isn't proper. It's also pretty obvious I don't want it to be ranked, only because we HAVE every playlist in Arena past BTB possessing a ranked system. Would love a "social" playlist, even if it was for the most psychological of reasons to put a little less incentive on tryharding, constantly.

Are people seriously disregarding the doubles playlist because of BR starts? When the current "competitive" settings spawns you with an AR? The irony is just too much..

• Upvote (+1) 3

I used to play a game called Shootmania which usually had a population of around 500. I could still regularly get fairly well matched games in a reasonable time.

People acting like the game is dead because it only has 30k playing it are talking rubbish.

"People damage-controlling and not addressing all of the legitimate criticisms behind a really low population (in comparison to all other Halo games) are talking complete rubbish."

See, I can make wild assumptions too! :D

"People damage-controlling and not addressing all of the legitimate criticisms behind a really low population (in comparison to all other Halo games) are talking complete rubbish."

See, I can make wild assumptions too! :D

I'm not saying the game hasn't got a low population compared to the other Halos.

I'm saying it's not dead and certainly won't be for a while.

I'm not saying the game hasn't got a low population compared to the other Halos.

I'm saying it's not dead and certainly won't be for a while.

no, the game is not dead, but it's underperforming hard, both in context to the series, and the games it released with.

Honestly, population only really matters in a game where there's no server browser, I'll bring up red orchestra (for probably the millionth time at this point), the game only gets a little over a thousand people playing it each day, yet you can always find games, because you can pick your server. Obviously this isn't the case for halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used to play a game called Shootmania which usually had a population of around 500. I could still regularly get fairly well matched games in a reasonable time.

People acting like the game is dead because it only has 30k playing it are talking rubbish.

What does this have to do with Halo? I was playing when the Halo 4 population was getting extremly low and I was playing when the MCC population was extremly low. It is HORRIBLE. Halo is a competitive game and doesnt work with a low population at all. You start getting high pings and foreign hosts which leads into quitting. You match players waaay above and below your skill level which leads into frustration and quitting. Search times are getting longer and I start to not even being able to get games at all in some playlists. Now we have to make MM even worse by not including staple playlists like dubs/snipes or removing party restrictions and choosing which servers you want to play on.

A low population hurts Halo multyplayer A LOT. Noticeably.

We are not saying the game is dead. We say it is dying/not doing well enough. It has a worse population after 3 months than H4 had. But hey, on Waypoint I found people that claimed the population is fine even years after its release. What makes you think that H5 will do much better in a year than H4?

Honestly I hate talking about population. I hated seeing @@Cooper 's daily population Breakdown when I was in my "honeymoon phase". But I wont close my eyes about such problems. Having a population so low that it hurts matchmaking is a problem for me.

(just talking rubbish of course)

• Upvote (+1) 4

no, the game is not dead, but it's underperforming hard, both in context to the series, and the games it released with.

Honestly, population only really matters in a game where there's no server browser, I'll bring up red orchestra (for probably the millionth time at this point), the game only gets a little over a thousand people playing it each day, yet you can always find games, because you can pick your server. Obviously this isn't the case for halo.

I always wish that we could rent servers like in Battlefield.

Are people seriously disregarding the doubles playlist because of BR starts? When the current "competitive" settings spawns you with an AR? The irony is just too much..

Not disregarding the playlist, just the idea of ranking it when you start off with the easiest weapon in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not disregarding the playlist, just the idea of ranking it when you start off with the easiest weapon in the game.

It is not the easiest weapon in the game. It is just the easiest precision weapon in the game. Still better than automatics and it clearly doesnt make a playlist so much less competitive that it doesnt deserve to be ranked.

Bloody waypoint is calling for a Magnum nerf.

God. Dammit.

There's is always someone calling for a weapon to be nerfed on Waypoint. Doesn't matter what the weapon is. It's become quite silly. 

It is not the easiest weapon in the game. It is just the easiest precision weapon in the game. Still better than automatics and it clearly doesnt make a playlist so much less competitive that it doesnt deserve to be ranked.

Its a weekend playlist..also it doesnt have consistent starting weapons. Even if the H2 BR has some modicum of skill ranking it would be dumb

Yeah the AR should never be in competitive

*glances at Halo 1*

Not at all.

Nothing wrong with spawning with an AR so long as they buff the pistol...

How many body shots does it take to kill with the pistol? I feel like if it killed with one less shot it'd be better. With the aiming, getting a headshot is sometimes more difficult then it needs to be. I also feel like I'll hit the head and they won't die and then because of the aiming and thrusting, now I'm either missing or hitting the body again.

When you overlook biases towards old weapons and focus on how much easier the H2BR when compared alongside the already-easy H5 BR, then yes.

A weekend playlist should never be ranked. That's moronic.

Doubles should not have to be a weekend playlist in first place. It should always be a standard playlist and it should always be ranked.

Yeah the AR should never be in competitive

*glances at Halo 1*

Not at all.

Nothing wrong with spawning with an AR so long as they buff the pistol...

Thats not what he said. Also comparing the CE AR to the H5 AR is ridiculous and you know that. Also the pistol is sadly still far away from getting a buff I guess.

Also not quite sure what you tried to tell me with your first post. All I am saying is that the H2 BR isnt the easiest weapon in the game and that I think a playlist can still be ranked even with it as starting weapon.

Doubles should not have to be a weekend playlist in first place. It should always be a standard playlist and it should always be ranked.

Of course, but a permanent doubles playlist shouldn't have BR starts either.

Totally. But this weekend list isn't standard doubles. It is H2 BR starts on custom maps.

Is it doubles tho? Sure it's not 4s? Double date sounds like it's 4v4.

Oh god, I hope not.

Surely they wouldn't do a Valentine's themed playlist and make it 4v4. Surely.

Is it doubles tho? Sure it's not 4s? Double date sounds like it's 4v4.

It's a double date because its you, and presumably your SO, going up against another couple........