CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think the touney is 128 teams so the 1st seed would play the 128th seed. 2nd seed will play the 127th seed and so on.

Oh okay. Thanks!

So other people have an affect on my enjoyment of a game?

- Worse connection

- Worse skill matching

- Longer search times

- Fewer playlists

- Limitations like "no party restrictions"

But nah mate, we are fine. Everything is fine. This is fine. #weback

I want to see Halo grow, succeed and be truly great again. Not "being fine" if I can find a game.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm lazy and can't be bothered searching, can someone link me to good arguments for the 4 Shot pistol so I can start preaching

Today i noticed a lot of bad Onyx players in Arena (team slayer).

They go positive but keep camping most of the game doing  <1000 damage meanwhile we are 3v4.

Wait, is the tourny doubles tournament with halo 2 br? Damn I should have joined

wat

There's a weekend social playlist coming up that will feature 2v2 gameplay on custom maps with Halo 2 BR starts.

Servers have been unbearable tonight. I have people teleporting around, melees not registering, shots registering late, etc. 

Had a few times where I was getting my pistol hitmarkers late and all at once, looked like I was using an automatic.

GGs to the people I ran 8s customs with tonight. Was a lot of fun

- Worse connection

- Worse skill matching

- Longer search times

- Fewer playlists

I want to see Halo grow, succeed and be truly great again. Not "being fine" if I can find a game.

Not sure if I plus or neg rep you but my phone got drunk so my bad

This ranking system is terrible. It's literally unpredictable if you're gonna get a teammate who is a god or who can't even shoot straight. I swear half these onxy players shouldn't even be in Onxy and should be in platinum.

Did 343 say anything about the BR burst either hitting all the bullets or none at all, effictively being a single shot weapon? Or did I read that wrong?

I'm lazy and can't be bothered searching, can someone link me to good arguments for the 4 Shot pistol so I can start preaching

Gotta love @@Gobias.

Although I should say that arguably the most overlooked yet most important reason for a 4 shot kill pistol is that it would make solo matching much more enjoyable, and beneficial.

As it stands now, a team of 4 randoms are at a severe disadvantage against a coordinated team of 4. The TO4 will time power ups/power weapons, and maintain map control far more effectively than 4 lone wolves.

However if these 4 lone wolves had a truly formidable utility weapon available to them off spawn, then they are much more capable of challenging players irregardless of what weapon the enemy had. Matching solo would actually be enjoyable again.

A 4SK magnum would literally be the greatest thing that they could do for this game at the current time.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

wat

There's a weekend social playlist coming up that will feature 2v2 gameplay on custom maps with Halo 2 BR starts.

Any other changes like no sprint or something because of the custom maps?

Also when?

Also when?

Lol...
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also when?

Why would you think that? Seeing the picture they posted, it looks like they are literally going to be custom maps for Valentines day, not remakes.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Why would you think that? Seeing the picture they posted, it looks like they are literally going to be custom maps for Valentines day, not remakes.

I didn't think anything. I haven't even seen the picture, or read about it. I was just asking.

I guess that makes sense, it's a playlist for two.

• Upvote (+1) 1

- Worse connection

- Worse skill matching

- Longer search times

- Fewer playlists

Yes but 30k is still not a bad figure. I do wish it was bigger but everyone keeps acting like 30k can't support a game when it can.

Yes but 30k is still not a bad figure. I do wish it was bigger but everyone keeps acting like 30k can't support a game when it can.

I used to play a game called Shootmania which usually had a population of around 500. I could still regularly get fairly well matched games in a reasonable time.

People acting like the game is dead because it only has 30k playing it are talking rubbish.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Did 343 say anything about the BR burst either hitting all the bullets or none at all, effictively being a single shot weapon? Or did I read that wrong?

You can test it easily enough - both BR variants fire 3 individual bullets per burst. They're not effectively single shot at all.

I used to play a game called Shootmania which usually had a population of around 500. I could still regularly get fairly well matched games in a reasonable time.

People acting like the game is dead because it only has 30k playing it are talking rubbish.

A consistent 30k with average people only playing 2 hours a day is still ~360,000 unique users daily.  Not too bad.