CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So other people have an affect on my enjoyment of a game?

The point being that if the population keeps plummeting then you won't be able to find a game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we know where World Champs finals will be held yet?

That profile picture

I dont know if I'm inclined to like you more or hate you more yet

Reading through the lore debate, and I gotta say I'm dissapointed at a bunch of people downplaying the stories of the older games.

With halo ce you had a simple yet engaging narrative, good characters, the stand outs being, cortana, 343, Keyes, and hell Johnson is very clearly a reference to the Sargent from aliens(by that I mean he's well characterized, you get that reference). Now comes halo 2, they show us both sides of the war and develop the covenant, showing the elites, brutes and motivation in greater depth, the arbiters perspective and character outweighed his rather "revenge of the sith" like team change, and the lore expanded a shit ton, showing the breaking of the covenant and the politics involved(to a degree), playing on religious dogma, I still think the overall story deserved the cliffhanger ending. Halo 3s up next, and I gotta say, it takes everything that was established in halo 2, and provides an emotional wrap that I certainly consider sufficient, the chief and cortana evolved quite a bit in this game, there was the chief/arbiter relationship that developed in the background, now of course Miranda's death was forced, I thought Johnsons death hit hard, and then the ending is still one of my favorites in the series(not the legendary one).

Of course halo doesn't have the best story of any fps, obviously there have been fps that do things better than halo, but I still think halos 1-reach all had solid stories that flowed well, made sense, provided emotional attachment, at times were amazingly atmospheric, perhaps simplistic but deep in some areas. The quality of the lore is one of the main reason I got into this series.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't be too quick to forget ranked FFA Rockets  :lxthul: 

But for once I agree with Infinity. First off...if it uses old MMR/CSR from previous doubles playlists it might as well be ranked. Secondly I feel like doubles is a competitive playlist that deserves a rank unlike 5v5 slayer/Rocket Party. 

It's going to be sweaty regardless...it just depends on how good you are or how much you win. They have a hidden rank anyway so might as well just make it fucking ranked imo. 

H2 BR starts obviously lessen the skill gap compared to pistols, but it might negate autos to an extent, We'll see. 

Doubles is competitive with certain settings, but having BR starts is a no-no to comp and ranks, especially with the H2 BR. In addition, ranks should be utilized with competitive gametypes, while social, or gametypes made into social variants, shouldn't utilize them. Besides, in my personal opinion, trying to use an insanely easy weapon as a crutch against automatics isn't exactly the way to handle things for a gametype you want to be ranked. 

That profile picture

I dont know if I'm inclined to like you or hate you more yet

He's trying to learn how to make Halo great again.

Doubles is competitive with certain settings, but having BR starts is a no-no to comp and ranks, especially with the H2 BR. In addition, ranks should be utilized with competitive gametypes, while social, or gametypes made into social variants, shouldn't utilize them. Besides, in my personal opinion, trying to use an insanely easy weapon as a crutch against automatics isn't exactly the way to handle things for a gametype you want to be ranked.

it is yuuge crime, when the top 1 percent of the 1 percent of the halo community have more knowledge then the bottom 99 percent!

it is yuuge crime, when the top 1 percent of the 1 percent of the halo community have more knowledge then the bottom 99 percent!

Oh my god bernie's infiltrated the forum too

God fucking damnit dont you have the same phrases to repeat over and over on twitfer

Oh my god bernie's infiltrated the forum too

God fucking damnit dont you have the same phrases to repeat over and over on twitfer

let's dispel this fiction that Obama doesn't know what he's doing, he knows exactly what he's doing!

I'm sorry, but I'm very tired. What are you implying I'm the 99 percent, or the 1. 

let's dispel this fiction that Obama doesn't know what he's doing, he knows exactly what he's doing!

I'm sorry, but I'm very tired. What are you implying I'm the 99 percent, or the 1.

don't worry, beyonders are the 1% of the 1% here. Now go to bed.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Did I mathed right?

...you need some sleep kid, I'll just leave it at that...

We get it. Halo 5 isn't doing amazingly well population wise. Now I'm gonna go not care while I play Halo 5.

See, I think this right here is a problem.  You take this shit personally.  You get upset about it, when in reality all I'm doing is relaying information onto everyone so they're aware of it as well.  Good! Go play the game. I've played over 12 days worth! If you want to think I'm looking up and posting this info because I'm on some ridiculous rampage and mission to kill the game...you're wrong...but be my guest.

Fateful days such as the one when 343 finally has to try explaining why we have such shit playlist variety in Arena are approaching.  That said, maybe it's worth 5 seconds to read and comprehend the population data available to us, because it's much more difficult for 343 to twist numbers and make their unsuccessful games sound successful when/if we're informed on the matter.  The less bullshit they can feed us, the less bullshit they can ultimately shoehorn into the next game.  If you haven't noticed, shoehorning shit into Halo is one of their greatest hobbies.

If you want to believe the game is thriving, just ignore me and tune into the next 343 bulletin.  Putting earmuffs on when something not-so-awesome is mentioned about the game won't ever make this game or any future one better. 

Uhhhhh, dunno what you're looking at, but Halo 5's above Battlefront right now.

I've been checking both on the console and the xbox.com listings prior to posting on here.  But hey maybe it changed in the 10 min between our posts.  I'm not sure how often the XBL charts update. Battlefront updates/refreshes every 5 min though.  All I know is H5 was behind it at 10pm ET (hence me starting my post with, "10pm ET"), and that I've checked at the top of the hour (8am to 1am ET) each of the past three days....and I've yet to see Halo 5 above Battlefront...including right now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So other people have an affect on my enjoyment of a game?

If you enjoy being able to choose what you play, when you want to play it, then yes they have a significant influence on your enjoyment of the game. H5 will likely have plenty of people to support the current playlists...  

Personally, I could not be more disappointed with the lack of variety, and inability to choose how I play Halo 5.  I play this game often, and it's not because I like it.  I play it for 2 reasons.  1) Add one to the pop count/truly want Halo to survive 343 industries.  2) To get the H2 BR . . . That's it.

How does the tournament bracket decide who u play first?

The Team Beyond tourney? When you signed up for it is what determines your seed. 

The Team Beyond tourney? When you signed up for it is what determines your seed.

So who would the first seed play? Jw

Yeah I'm not trying to say BR starts are ideal for the highest skill gap or competitive settings at all and I'm aware the H2 BR has a bit more magnetism than the regular one. 

What I am saying as people have alluded to...is you severely underestimate how sweaty doubles is by nature and how the stupid MMR and hidden ranks will contribute to this. I played doubles with my brother who placed champion 31-ish the first season while I got 343'd and placed diamond, worked my way to onyx. We both were onyx in this season's doubles. Point is...Doubles is probably the sweatiest playlist besides Team Arena. 

I just personally like having ranked weekend playlists because: A. it reminds me of Bungie's ranked special playlists (one was valentines' day doubles actually) B. I like having a goal and it's cool to collect onyx/champions in weekend playlists C. it might as well be ranked for people like me, not saying im amazing but I have a high MMR and I guarantee I'll win 3-5 games then start playing the sweatiest people in the community anyway. 

You also said Big Team Battle wasn't sweaty...well yes it is. I searched for 30 mins today and only found 1 game only because I was searching with low MMR people/fresh BTB players. Whenever I search Big Team I pretty much always match a team of 8 and usually the best 1-2 teams searching at any time. It's not like super sweaty in nature cause it's big team...but neither is breakout. Breakout is so easy to get a champion in this season because the majority of the best players don't even play it anymore, also see Swat. 

I'm writing an essay here but...Doubles with H2 BR starts will be sweatier than Swat and Breakout easily so I think it could easily be justified for having ranks, but I'm fine for social too because I'm happy that an actual good weekend playlist is coming out.  :ghost: 

Also "it's a no-no to competitive/ranks" then why not take off all BR's and DMR's off every map for competitive play? Because they are picked up in every game, even more so in doubles. I agree they shouldn't be starting weapons but I don't think it matters at all for a weekend playlist being ranked....fucking rumble rockets was ranked. Shotty Snipers was ranked. Idk I just think you realllly don't want it to be ranked but it's irrelevant because of MMR/hidden ranks anyway. It will be social though I'd bet on that. 

So who would the first seed play? Jw

I think the touney is 128 teams so the 1st seed would play the 128th seed. 2nd seed will play the 127th seed and so on.