CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Not really, its basically Neutral Flag with an arm time. I think the rotating bomb/ball spawns will make it much more interesting.

It's neutral objective where you score in your opponent's base. 

It's the EXACT OPPOSITE. 

So u guys are mad that they gave the bomb guy an extra thrust.......because that is literally the only difference with the carrier. The bomb has always been a 1 hit kill, the bomb guy has always not had a waypoint.

The multiple spawn locations thing is cool because it ALLOWS for that. You can still have 1 central bomb spawn if you want, and im sure most of the hwc gametypes will have only 1.

Plus we can do oddball. You guys are literally bitching that 343 gave us the most customizable gametype in the history of the series.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Being infected in old games wasn't always fun - it felt like work. You didn't get to shoot, you had no shields, and everybody was trying to kill you all the time. In Halo 5, this was exacerbated by the even faster player movement, so when looking at redesigning the infected, we wanted to make being a zombie a skill that players could learn. We tried a lot of different tweaks from giving zombies invisibility, unlimited thrust, removing smart-scope, letting them spawn closer to humans, and more. Eventually we decided that there were three key components to the zombie: they needed to win melee fights, be able to survive while running in a straight line at the humans, and be able to kill humans while undetected. To meet these goals, we're introducing throwing swords, removing radar, and removing the pistol. While attacking the humans, the zombie can use their throwing swords to infect them from a distance, remaining unseen. We think that the new zombie mechanics give players a new skill to learn and enable a skilled zombie to win the game for their team.

While buffing the zombie, we found that games were ending extremely quickly, rarely lasting more than a few minutes. We turned a bunch of different knobs to try and find a better balance between our newly empowered zombie, and the Spartans trying to kill them. We experimented with different sword lunges, forcing the zombies to be in control of two stronghold kills in order to get kills, and modifying the spawn system to occasionally allow the zombies to spawn with their back directly in front of a human. Constant playtests and working with the Lore Team helped us find settings that created a fun and competitive mode.

OMG INFECTION NEWS GUYS

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

further separates it from CTF which is a good thing.

THIS. People fail to realize how linear Assault was, pretty much just an inverse CTF.

Rotating spawns and unique carrier traits (whether they end up being good and bad) will make the game type more unique.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's neutral objective where you score in your opponent's base. 

It's the EXACT OPPOSITE. 

You are right, its pretty much the exact opposite from a gameplay standpoint. I don't think the same holds true from a viewer standpoint though.

I hardly play Assault. But I'll be playing Slayer and pull out my pistol (only weapon I use with 500+) kills) and since I refuse to use the AR I have such a disadvantage.

Thats awesome, I am the same way.  I have almost 5.5K kills with the Pistol, 74 with the AR, 34 with the Storm and 5 with the SMG.  The only time I use those weapons is when I am out of ammo with the Pistol.

You are right, its pretty much the exact opposite from a gameplay standpoint. I don't think the same holds true from a viewer standpoint though.

You're right, this new version of assault sounds like dogshit while ctf is still fun to watch.

Why do they insist on these unecessary changes

Only thing I would understand is giving the ball carrier a pistol to be offensive, MAYBE. We don't need to keep changing stuff for no reason.

I'm already seeing Ball™ become the new meme

Either way, it sounds like Assault, not really sure where the outrage is coming from. I'm really excited about the rotating ball spawns to be honest. It will add a bit of an extraction element to Assault.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do they insist on these unecessary changes

Only thing I would understand is giving the ball carrier a pistol to be offensive, MAYBE. We don't need to keep changing stuff for no reason.

I'm already seeing Ball™ become the new meme

What changes? Its the same damn thing with Halo 5's movement mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol, I viscerally want to say, "why doesn't 343 just make their own god damn gametype if they want to fuck around so much"

And then I remembered. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Somebody please explain to me why you, or anyone, would be mad about the gametype. Be specific.

lol, I viscerally want to say, "why doesn't 343 just make their own god damn gametype if they want to fuck around so much"

And then I remembered. 

They made extraction, and it was dope. Until we butchered it with 1 plot.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

What changes? Its the same damn thing with Halo 5's movement mechanics.

double thrust, single hit kill, rotating bomb spawn, not the same by a long ways

double thrust, single hit kill, rotating bomb spawn, not the same by a long ways

Double thrust hardly changes the core of the gametype, one hit kill is a good thing, and rotating bomb spawn is a good thing IMO, but can be turned off.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't wait for the bitching the start when people are thrusting a quarter of the way across the map to land a one-hit melee.

They just told us they want to make it easier to double-tap X and melee for a kill.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Double thrust hardly changes the core of the gametype, one hit kill is a good thing, and rotating bomb spawn is a good thing IMO, but can be turned off.

double thrust completely changes the gametype, a single thrust changes the gameplay a lot. and single hit with a double thrust is absolutely ridiculous.

Guys, chill. Yeah, the article could've been worded a bit better ("It felt like work" well yeah no shit), but the gametype had to be adjusted to account for H5s new movement mechanics. You can customize it to classic ball if you wish. See how it plays before delivering the full bashing, c'mon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Either way, it sounds like Assault, not really sure where the outrage is coming from. I'm really excited about the rotating ball spawns to be honest. It will add a bit of an extraction element to Assault.

Metagame Kreygasm

• Downvote (-1) 1

Um, no, unless you've been playing social all these years.

Oh so your going based on competitive settings. The things that made it a 2 hit kill. While comparing those to default settings, which have always been a 1 hit kill. That is some great logic.

• Downvote (-1) 1