CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Tweet your 343 friends. 

I'm done tweeting anyone until they revert these matchmaking changes.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have always thought it would be a cool idea to run unlimited games in MM for FFAs like this with join-in-progress, in its own playlist. 

Just have massive all-nighters of people coming in and out of the same matches, give XP/RP for time played.

2OFUbA1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Moa : You got Overgrown (isn't it overgrowth?) in the Gameday social list? 

I say this because I am posting due to the fact that I've been playing this new social (not really new) playlist and I've noticed something. 

You get Riptide and Rig about 80% of the time and Coliseum 19% of the time. I have literally only played Eden and Fathom once a piece and those are the only two maps I have got besides the aforementioned three. I think I played roughly 25 games and got ~10 Riptides, ~9 rigs, ~5 Coliseums, 1 Eden and 1 Fathom. The map weighting for this playlist is just preposterous lol. Where is Truth, arguably the best map in the game and much more suitable for 5v5 play than Rig? Why is it 5v5 in the first place?

Also in the main ranked playlists Riptide seems to have a massive weighting in FFA, Slayer and Team Arena...it's kind of ridiculous. 

It's funny how 343s big goal was to unify game settings to tournament settings, but I'm more confused about gametypes and maps than I ever was when there was an MLG playlist.

If you want any particular game mode, first think of a way for 343 to bring the REQ system directly into that game mode.  If you can come up with a good way, you'll see that game mode in the game quick.  If not, I'm afraid I wouldn't hold my breath.  

The lack of game modes/playlists are due to two things:  1. $Money$  2. A "meh" overall population being split in half between Arena and Warzone.  In other words, Halo's no longer attracting enough players to support Warzone without sacrificing a LOT.

@@Moa : You got Overgrown in the Gameday social list? 

I say this because I am posting because I've been playing this new social (not really new) playlist and I've noticed something. 

You get Riptide and Rig about 80% of the time and Coliseum 19% of the time. I have literally only played Eden and Fathom once a piece and those are the only two maps I have got besides the aforementioned three. I think I played 20-25 games and got ~10 Riptides, ~9 rigs, ~5 Coliseums, 1 Eden and 1 Fathom. The map weighting for this playlist is just preposterous lol. Where is Truth, arguably the best map in the game and much more suitable for 5v5 play than Rig? 

Also in the main ranked playlists Riptide seems to have a massive weighting in FFA, Slayer and Team Arena...it's kind of ridiculous. 

Got Overgrown like 5 times. It's awful. 

Both new maps have higher weighting which is annoying.

I see the social playlist is 5v5... I can't tell if 343 are just incompetent or they operate on such a high plane of existence that my feeble mortal mind can't comprehend their genius. 

Oh yeah I suggest something useful and productive and SUUUDDEENNLLLYYYYYY 343's more than happy to turn an ear

Oh my god! 343 where is my check? 

I thought you could get Helioskrill from REQ packs?

As far as I know you can, I remember people being upset because they thought it was sort of exclusive.

As far as I know you can, I remember people being upset because they thought it was sort of exclusive.

That's all I'm missing from my collection and when I opened a gold pack I got REQ points.

That's all I'm missing from my collection and when I opened a gold pack I got REQ points.

Unlucky you could always beat 1-4 on legendary for it, I think you can play co-op and use the bandana skull and the scarab one to make it easier.

rant incoming boys

I've been trying to grind this game out since yesterday. I can't. All I can say is this; it fucking blows. Everything about this game sucks. Movement is awful, maps are awful, weapon balance is awful, matchmaking is awful, the sniper is awful, the playlists are awful, somehow they managed to fuck up the aiming then "fixed" it in people's minds with irrelevant options. After not finding FFA games since yesterday, I get a match with Europeans.

What the absolute fuck is going on at 343 where they introduce a bunch of non-sensical abilities, overhauled aiming style, vastly different weapon balance, and a rushed elimination gametype INTO TOURNAMENT SETTINGS, then tell us the pros were in favor for it? What the fuck is going on when they then remain silent on all of this 3+ months after release? It's a legitimate question and I feel like it should be considered. Who's in charge up there? What are they allowed to talk about, what aren't they allowed to talk about? If they are allowed to talk about X, why don't they? If they aren't, then why? Why does Frankie come in here on his "lunch-break", apparently one of his first since Halo 5 released, and use a tame insult to take his leave? What was the point? How much of a safe-space do they require? Someone ask them what thread count blankets they prefer.

After thinking about it for a while, I have to say, it seems to me as if there's some seriously shady shit going on over there. And if not, then they've done an impressive job of making it seem so. As if some out-of-touch entity was given control over Halo 5's core gameplay after the Halo 4 flop, and demanded thrust packs, ground-pound, clamber, sliding, and sprinting because all the cool games were doing it, and Breakout in an attempt to cash in on the "single-life" popularity of SnD and CSGO.

What in the name of god was going on behind the development of Breakout, anyway? How do you have so much time to give us your "premier" game-mode, then give us that half-baked pile of garbage with a misguided attempt at an "objective" on awfully forged maps that everyone agrees were outdone by community maps, then have the audacity to put it in competitive gameplay? For fuck's sake, IT WAS COMPLETELY REPLACED IN TEAM ARENA AFTER LITERALLY A WEEKEND OF ARENA BREAKOUT. THINK ABOUT IT. You're telling me there was someone who we would call "in-touch" with the desires of this community who made these decisions?

Next, how many opinions were required on this "squirrely" aiming that justified them completely butchering aiming in this game? I swear, the more I play this game, the worse it feels. It's awful. It is so fucking bad. Just why? I have to know why this even happened after the beta came and went without any complaints on it.

The population of the game absolutely tanked, but we're told the game has the best player retention of the series. I'm only left to assume that this is because every player Diamond 2 and higher has around 14 accounts on average that they need to hop around on in order to find games.

Question: If the HCS prize pool was 50k, how many people would be interested in this game? How many teams do you think would be giving their all in the LCQ tomorrow?

Theater mode is also useless.

And I'll end on this; there is ADS in this game.

Thanks for reading guys :)

Make sure to like, subscribe, and look out for my new sniper montage coming on tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

694.png

Was just about to post this. Why the fuck would you change it from neutral spawn at the center of the map? It's proven to work through multiple titles. Please, 343, stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

• Upvote (+1) 5

And? Was still demolishing, even though many members of the other team concentrated on me specifically, due to my active harassment of them. I don't honestly care about Arena in this case.

When you're playing against trash players, you can get away with anything.

Wait are those rules they posted actually gonna be used? 2 thrusts? Lol come on now. "We noticed games were ending really quickly" well no shit thrust is already awful, giving someone 2 of team is only gonna make it worse ESPECIALLY with a one hit melee (and we all know the range on that sucker). I really hope they go back to one thrust. AND WHY DO BALL SPAWN LOCATIONS CHANGE WTF MAN. Oh, and instant disarm is weird and closer spawns to the arm zone is also weird. I hope it plays better than I think it will.