CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I see a lot of people from Australia say this, and then instantly complain when there is any lag. 

It's a shitty experience for everyone. You're probably harder to hit on their screen.

Naturally, but in Arena/Slayer 100% piss that high latency off, but in BTB I don't mind if it broadens the search after a while. Problem last time was they made it so it searched on all servers straight away, instead of AUS first.

/!\ Could not find a server that was suitable for all members of your fireteam.

I'm running solo here.

Edit: Now it says I have high latency to the server.

I got that message yesterday as well. I live in ontario lol.

- snip -

It's the maps for me, there are no maps with sightlines aside from Truth, which is why it's the best map. All the maps have terrible sightlines and to top it off, they have all the Spartan abilities, weak radar and Op Automatics. Half of the games issues would be resolved with decent maps. It seems because we have clamber now, there must be a ledge within reach 24/7. It's so frustrating. I miss maps like Narrows/Pit/Sanctuary/Damnation etc. where the sniper could dominate the map if they were good, but could easily be flanked or kept low shields by a co-ordinated team. The current maps are just bad. That's why I like BTB, it's Arena with sightlines.

Placed top 16 for the 1v1 tournament! Hands down the most fun I've had in a long time!

@@CyReN @@Saucey I doubt you guys wil make this change but i will try anyway. We need to get rid of Railgun on fathom or made it spawn longer. That's all that map is, all about Railgun kills. If you don't have it, then you're guaranteed to lose because it's so easy to use.

Placed top 16 for the 1v1 tournament! Hands down the most fun I've had in a long time!

@@CyReN @@Saucey I doubt you guys wil make this change but i will try anyway. We need to get rid of Railgun on fathom or made it spawn longer. That's all that map is, all about Railgun kills. If you don't have it, then you're guaranteed to lose because it's so easy to use.

Railgun just needs to spawn with less ammo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's funny how 343s big goal was to unify game settings to tournament settings, but I'm more confused about gametypes and maps than I ever was when there was an MLG playlist.

Getting caught up on some of these posts since yesterday, and I wanted to chime in on the FFA discussion.

First and foremost, FFA does not need strict skill matching. Out of the ranked playlists, this is the one with the most wiggle room. Loosen it up so people can find matches.

Secondly, the radar needs to be expanded. FFA played well in every other Halo because your radar allowed you to make informed decisions. This current radar is so small that you do not have time to react to anything happening behind you. It gives you no information on where to head off spawn, often resulting in getting shot in the back shortly after picking a direction. It only benefits people that camp corners with autos (Fathom treehouses, I'm looking at you...). This change alone would do wonders for alleviating that chaotic feeling that people complained about with 8 man FFA.

Next, there are several weapons that need to be removed/reduced. Powerups and Tier 3 weapons should not be on spawn at the beginning of the game. All of these should spawn 1 minute into the game. This reduces the effect of the spawn lottery at the beginning of games, and allows people to contest the items they feel are most important.

Storm Rifles and SMG's need to be treated like shotguns. Make them spawn like tier 2 weapons and reduce the number of them on the map. Think more like Plaza, and less like Empire/Fathom.

Return to 8 man FFA. The problem with 8 man was the tiny radar and the spawn system. 6 man allows for a lot more camping and power weapon dominance. Let's keep the action fast and reduce the ease with which someone can dominate an FFA with a railgun, for instance.

If all of these changes were made, I think FFA would see a resurgence in popularity. H5 could have amazing FFA with some better settings.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Railgun just needs to spawn with less ammo.

Which is impossible to do with the weapon pads :/

So I just matched MvnoZ and he dropped 20 kills. Oh and he had THREE HEADSHOTS. "Autos aren't used that much by good players" my fucking ass.

And that corner camping with an smg was God-tier. Not hating on him just the broken fucking game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting caught up on some of these posts since yesterday, and I wanted to chime in on the FFA discussion.

First and foremost, FFA does not need strict skill matching. Out of the ranked playlists, this is the one with the most wiggle room. Loosen it up so people can find matches.

Secondly, the radar needs to be expanded. FFA played well in every other Halo because your radar allowed you to make informed decisions. This current radar is so small that you do not have time to react to anything happening behind you. It gives you no information on where to head off spawn, often resulting in getting shot in the back shortly after picking a direction. It only benefits people that camp corners with autos (Fathom treehouses, I'm looking at you...). This change alone would do wonders for alleviating that chaotic feeling that people complained about with 8 man FFA.

Next, there are several weapons that need to be removed/reduced. Powerups and Tier 3 weapons should not be on spawn at the beginning of the game. All of these should spawn 1 minute into the game. This reduces the effect of the spawn lottery at the beginning of games, and allows people to contest the items they feel are most important.

Storm Rifles and SMG's need to be treated like shotguns. Make them spawn like tier 2 weapons and reduce the number of them on the map. Think more like Plaza, and less like Empire/Fathom.

Return to 8 man FFA. The problem with 8 man was the tiny radar and the spawn system. 6 man allows for a lot more camping and power weapon dominance. Let's keep the action fast and reduce the ease with which someone can dominate an FFA with a railgun, for instance.

If all of these changes were made, I think FFA would see a resurgence in popularity. H5 could have amazing FFA with some better settings.

All of this shit sounds like a personal wet dream. FFA is in terrible shape personally right now....

And TAKE OVERGROWTH OUT. It will never work EVER.

FFA could work so well too, but instead of fixing direct problems they went for the band aid and reduced the player count.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FFA playlist should just be 8 player Halo 2 BR starts on Truth. 24/7 Tour de Walsh 

Solid weekend playlist idea there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

FFA playlist should just be 8 player Halo 2 BR starts on Truth. 24/7 Tour de Walsh 

Those were the days.

If a shit load of us suddenly started posting on Waypoint, do you think we could penetrate the hivemind?

Everyone would probably just start getting perma-banned soon as you started making headway.  It's not that you can't penetrate the "hive-mind"...it's a matter of penetrating the gatekeeping mod-squad.

• Upvote (+1) 2