CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I still can't play matchmaking without feeling like I need to outplay people by 1-2 shots because of whatever changes were made to matchmaking in the past week. 

I still can't play matchmaking without feeling like I need to outplay people by 1-2 shots because of whatever changes were made to matchmaking in the past week. 

i-know-that-feel.jpg

i-know-that-feel.jpg

Like it's not walking into walls or anything, my shots just don't register instantly like they used to.

I guess it's a victory for oceanic players who can finally find games now, but Arena is pretty much ruined for me. I can play but I'm depressed that I'm dying because my 5th shot isn't registering.

So 343 is making a playlists for the Super Bowl but they are completely ignoring Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday? I'm pretty triggered by this and I demand an apology to the Catholic and New Orleans community.

Or they can release a playlists on Tuesday called "Streets of Bourbon" where the Infected are Spartans with beads around their necks. That'll do too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Times before I would've killed people I stop shooting now cause I think I've killed them, and now I do it they don't drop its such a panic moment.

Like it's not walking into walls or anything, my shots just don't register instantly like they used to.

I guess it's a victory for oceanic players who can finally find games now, but Arena is pretty much ruined for me. I can play but I'm depressed that I'm dying because my 5th shot isn't registering.

I know the feel of not being able to play and enjoy the game. It's the worst.

HOPEFULLY, since your situation has more hope than mine ever will, they will get it fixed soon enough. 

/!\ Could not find a server that was suitable for all members of your fireteam.

I'm running solo here.

Edit: Now it says I have high latency to the server.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You're from Australia right? How's matchmaking been since the start of the month?

You're from Australia right? How's matchmaking been since the start of the month?

Its been a bit shit for Aus/NZ .

Some are happy that they find games faster, a lot of the Oceanic players are not happy that we get such shite connection now-a-days.

343 is not particularly great at growing outside of America, and this new Weekend playlist shows that.

Like, Wtf, Superbowl or what ever the fuck it is , is an American thing, not worldwide. Why would you name your playlist after something that only really a portion of your community actually gives a toss about?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Its been Fucking shit for Aus/NZ .

Oh great. 

Now that we know that, we have no excuse for reverting the god awful changes to matchmaking.

what???? dont replace ranked slayer. i love ranked slayer, and prefer it when i only want to play slayer and not objective.

i disagree taking out ranked slayer.

Ranked Slayer serves no purpose other than to be a less competitive version of Team Arena (lack of objective, etc.)

In my opinion, ranks should establish the definitive competitive environment, nothing less. This is the same reason I don't believe that SWAT, BTB, Breakout, or any other niche playlist should have ranks, whatsoever. It muddles the importance of a rank altogether.

One could argue that you could include both Ranked Slayer AND Social Slayer, but then what is the point? If Social Slayer is a laid back version of Ranked Slayer, and Ranked Slayer is a laid back version of Team Arena, what is the point of having that middle outlier (oxymoron)?

Social Slayer should replace Ranked Slayer as a 4v4 Slayer-only playlist.

Ranked Playlists should be Team Arena (4v4), Team Doubles (2v2), and FFA (6 Man).

• Upvote (+1) 6

Oh great. 

Now that we know that, we have no excuse for reverting the god awful changes to matchmaking.

I think a few pages ago, maybe 10 or so I think, we had this discussion. When the Feb season started and Oceanic players realised we were matching Americans and shit, we were not happy.

Its been a bit shit for Aus/NZ .

Some are happy that they find games faster, a lot of the Oceanic players are not happy that we get such shite connection now-a-days.

343 is not particularly great at growing outside of America, and this new Weekend playlist shows that.

Like, Wtf, Superbowl or what ever the fuck it is , is an American thing, not worldwide. Why would you name your playlist after something that only really a portion of your community actually gives a toss about?

Why is Aus having such a hard time finding games? Dont you guys have a data cap or internet restrictions or some bullshit?

Well I'm in high-diamond and games take 200 years to find, Warzone Assault and BTB never find games and I've searched with up to 5 players now, still nothing.

This Social Slayer playlist actually finds games though, and it's unranked! Quite enjoying it actually.

Its been a bit shit for Aus/NZ .

By a portion, you mean 80%?

Why is Aus having such a hard time finding games? Dont you guys have a data cap or internet restrictions or some bullshit?

There's just a small population in Australia. Something that can't be fixed

I'm running solo here.

Edit: Now it says I have high latency to the server.

As soon as I read your post it started happening to me, dafuq?

By a portion, you mean 80%?

Yes, and that percentage is only going t go up if 343 continues to not give a fuck about the other 20%.

Also, i'm not Australian. I'm in New Zealand, hence the NZ in my name.

There's also a small population in South America that have huge issues playing online.

I know one Argentinian that can't play BTB at all, lol.

I'd happily play Assault/BTB on a US/Asian server. I played with Moa/Batchford sometimes and the connection is perfectly playable for BTB/Warzone.

I'd happily play Assault/BTB on a US/Asian server. I played with Moa/Batchford sometimes and the connection is perfectly playable for BTB/Warzone.

I see a lot of people from Australia say this, and then instantly complain when there is any lag. 

It's a shitty experience for everyone. You're probably harder to hit on their screen.

• Upvote (+1) 1