CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So 5v5 doesn't work on these maps.

It didn't work when the last one was 5v5 either. :/

So is "social" actually social this time around?

It still has MMR, so no.

Social right now is just no ranks.

Overgrowth in social slayer has the original weapon placements. Why.

Because social means "unbalanced."

For some reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It still has MMR, so no.

Social right now is just no ranks.

Theres really no way anyone could comment on how loose the MMR is in this brand new playlist yet.

Being in the 91st percentile for Team Arena makes me feel a lot better about my Diamond 2 (all solo que). 

I was honestly amazed by the numbers ... I figured that my hovering around Diamond 1-2 in Slayer / Arena and Plat 3-4 in SWAT was mediocre but it looks like I'm exactly in the 88th-90th percentile across all playlists?  My k/d is a bit inflated because I play solo, but otherwise I would have around a 1.0 k/d ... I guess the matchmaking system works

Just joined a Warzone Assault game. Put on Offense with 10 seconds left, not an exaggeration. TEN. SECONDS. gg 343. 

Theres really no way anyone could comment on how loose the MMR is in this brand new playlist yet.

Ok, take my reply and pretend I posted it in 5 hours.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Haven't been on here or on Halo in some time now, but I went on tonight and played the social slayer playlist, is that a permanent playlist?

God please not Bethesda. Anyone but them.

Why not? It would be the authentic 343 Halo experience, bugs and all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Haven't been on here or on Halo in some time now, but I went on tonight and played the social slayer playlist, is that a permanent playlist?

Weekend playlist. If it does well, it'll be permanent.

With an obscure playlist name like "Game Day Slayer" though, don't expect most people to have a clue what it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Weekend playlist. If it does well, it'll be permanent.

With an obscure playlist name like "Game Day Slayer" though, don't expect most people to have a clue what it is.

Yeah seriously WTF is that name.

In celebration of the Super Bowl

Seriously?

Why not call it "Super Social Slayer" or "Socialbowl Slayer" or something that remotely hints that it's the Social Slayer playlists?

Seriously?

Why not call it "Super Social Slayer" or "Socialbowl Slayer" or something that remotely hints that it's the Social Slayer playlists?

It's description does say it's social slayer but still, such a poor name.

I can't help but think the next step for Halo at this point is going to be RPG-style leveling. It's the only gameplay style I can think of that's left for them to semi-feasibly Frankenstein into the series.

Third person platformer.

But that genre has died because people don't want platformers they want ACTION-ADVENTURE WOOOOOOOO.

I have a class at 3:00-3:50pm Mountain time and if I can't participate in the 1v1 beyond tournament, I am going to be so :salt: y.

Edit: Well, my opponent never got on. I can play. Yay!

AYOO

• Upvote (+1) 1

I heard his review was total shit. I don't know personally as I think his reviews are a bit shit, and I don't watch them, but was what I heard correct?

No. Only part that people here think is shit is his microtransactions rant, which I think is a totally fair judgement on the game. I don't expect them to go away anytime soon and I'm certain they will be more prevalent in the future.

His review was pretty dead on.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I heard his review was total shit. I don't know personally as I think his reviews are a bit shit, and I don't watch them, but was what I heard correct?

He doesn't bash the multiplayer. He disappointed about the campaign, he is hates that they removed split screen, and he loathes micro transactions.

Other than that he is pretty spot on with his reviews.

I don't like Halo 5 and I still didn't agree with AngryJoe's review. I can't stand him though, he's the most accurate definition of a man-child I've ever seen. All he does is overreact and cause outrage from his preteen viewership on things that are hardly a big deal.

As for his Halo 5 review, it was very obvious he just tried out everything for around an hour so his review could be somewhat accurate without making a fool of himself. He just complained about the short campaign and the REQ packs for 40 minutes. He didn't touch the real problems with the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If a shit load of us suddenly started posting on Waypoint, do you think we could penetrate the hivemind?