CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Someone post that gif to Reddit and watch all the shills come out and defend that cancer.

"The ar isn't useless anymore so it's perfectly balanced"

"It's supposed to be used at mid range"

"This is a skillful play"

Fuck off already Jesus Christ.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lmao, Sorbin's post:

Halo CE magnum took no skill. My cousin was a Toys R Us Halo CE Midwestern Regionals Quarterfinalist back in 2002 and I used to TSK him all the time, it's obviously not hard.

I gotta invite that guy to Beyond one of these days.

Edit:  Ew, the last few posts are just the worst cancer I've ever seen.

@@Sorbin is one of the coolest dudes here. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Really cool to see them dabble with Social Slayer for a weekend playlist but if it becomes permanent it should be 4v4 and replace Ranked Slayer.

what???? dont replace ranked slayer. i love ranked slayer, and prefer it when i only want to play slayer and not objective.

i disagree taking out ranked slayer.

In regards to that gif. The guy was just crouching there, not contesting, and no shields. Now try to do that with him just having full shields and it probably won't work out for you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/why-halowaypoint-is-a-joke-ar-thread-pistol-op/21b44b86-301b-45e9-b8de-b6acee413e04/posts

Guy made a bait thread (original post under spoiler tag), then edited the OP and Title.  You'll notice some people actually have brains, while others were agreeing with the original post as well as with the other intentional shitposts he made in the thread.

Aside from that specific thread though, yes, there are a ton of people on Waypoint who seriously support the AR.

I understand those who support the AR. But to say the magnum is OP? cracy cracy

In regards to that gif. The guy was just crouching there, not contesting, and no shields. Now try to do that with him just having full shields and it probably won't work out for you.

343 Defense Force ASSEMBLE! 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

343 Defense Force ASSEMBLE! 

Or you know, just using logic and not jumping to conclusions so quickly

While I don't disagree with you, despite you probably thinking I do, it seems on paper youre right. BUT, It still feels fresh and plays like nothing on the market.

Being an inbred mish-mash of a bunch of different concepts, I wouldn't think that anything would play like it. The whole weapons thing especially, Halo gains absolutely nothing by having a bunch of mostly redundant weapons.

I can't help but think the next step for Halo at this point is going to be RPG-style leveling. It's the only gameplay style I can think of that's left for them to semi-feasibly Frankenstein into the series.

• Upvote (+1) 3

arguing with waypoint loyalists are no diff than explaing the design of the halo 3 br to halo 3 diehards.

Being an inbred mish-mash of a bunch of different concepts, I wouldn't think that anything would play like it. The whole weapons thing especially, Halo gains absolutely nothing by having a bunch of mostly redundant weapons.

I can't help but think the next step for Halo at this point is going to be RPG-style leveling. It's the only gameplay style I can think of that's left for them to semi-feasibly Frankenstein into the series.

im sure they will wait to see what titanfall 2 does abd/or the next cod.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Or you know, just using logic and not jumping to conclusions so quickly

No. No AR in Halo should be able to do that, no matter what the other player is doing. 

Edit: What conclusions are you even talking about? In what circumstance should an AR be able to kill someone across map like that? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That crispy 18m radar though. Really allows for setups. 

Meh, I would much rather have a radar that is actually useful in the playlists where its present, and absolutely no radar at all in other playlists. Thats better to me than to have nerfed radar in all playlists.

I know this isn't a popular topic, but is a good K/D anything above 1 for Halo 5?

For a playlist like Arena id probably say anything over .85 or that. Halo is much more objective based where you can die 10 times more than anyone else on the team yet win a match through great objective play.

Warzone already has this, a progression system in which as you level up better equipment becomes available.

Why are any of these people who post here actually defending the AR? Jesus fucking Christ its not that hard to understand. The. AR. Should. Not. Be. Able. To. Kill. At. That. Range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are any of these people who post here actually defending the AR? Jesus fucking Christ its not that hard to understand. The. AR. Should. Not. Be. Able. To. Kill. At. That. Range.

343 made it so, therefore, it is perfect. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Warzone already has this, a progression system in which as you level up better equipment becomes available.

I mean a far more straight-up one.