CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

K/D is honestly irrelevant in everything except Slayer, and even then plays/wins matter more than raw kills. The moment I stopped caring about K/D, the more fun I begun to have playing modern FPS.

I start laughing whenever twitch starts talking shit about a pro going negative in a match during a series... Honestly, baffling how much COD has made people care about this stat.

To actually answer your question, theoretically the ranking system should naturally bring people down to a 1.0 K/D. This means that some games you'll do good and others not so much because your opponents will always be roughly the same skill level.

The only thing that pisses me off about my Halo 5 K/D is that it should be higher. But I have an aggressive play style and I think Halo 5 punishes me for it.

Hmm, I'm starting to think bronze and silver exist to make the bad players feel good about placing gold. That way they'll keep playing.

I only say this because when my nephew placed gold, he was surprised at first then became excited that he got "better" at Halo. He's terrible. A legit rank 12 in other Halos.

K/D is honestly irrelevant in everything except Slayer, and even then plays/wins matter more than raw kills. The moment I stopped caring about K/D, the more fun I begun to have playing modern FPS. 

I start laughing whenever twitch starts talking shit about a pro going negative in a match during a series... Honestly, baffling how much COD has made people care about this stat.

To actually answer your question, theoretically the ranking system should naturally bring people down to a 1.0 K/D. This means that some games you'll do good and others not so much because your opponents will always be roughly the same skill level. 

The problem is that 343 made it nice and center lol.

The only thing that pisses me off about my Halo 5 K/D is that it should be higher. But I have an aggressive play style and I think Halo 5 punishes me for it.

Same. It doesn't help that in Warzone Assault (my go to warm-up) I'm almost always using Thruster on CD due to it being a faster way to move around. Takes a couple of games of Arena to grind out the stupid over-aggressiveness I get during Assault.

Same. It doesn't help that in Warzone Assault (my go to warm-up) I'm almost always using Thruster on CD due to it being a faster way to move around. Takes a couple of games of Arena to grind out the stupid over-aggressiveness I get during Assault.

I hardly play Assault. But I'll be playing Slayer and pull out my pistol (only weapon I use with 500+) kills) and since I refuse to use the AR I have such a disadvantage.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I hardly play Assault. But I'll be playing Slayer and pull out my pistol (only weapon I use with 500+) kills) and since I refuse to use the AR I have such a disadvantage.

Dude...

tumblr_nok2lqv6EI1uug09ro1_250.gif

Although for me it's also the BR. B)

I used to play like this, but I like winning more than I hate using automatics.

Dude...

tumblr_nok2lqv6EI1uug09ro1_250.gif

Although for me it's also the BR. B)

Why would you refuse to use a weapon lol?

is @@xSociety trolling waypoint or does that guy only use your clip?

Lol, that's crazy. I haven't posted to Waypoint in forever. 

Pretty sure Disclaimable is trolling though. He's on my friends list and I wouldn't have someone who thinks the AR takes skill on that list. 

Makes me feel better about my shit skill and the fact that I refuse to be an AR sprayer.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Really? I got into a really aggressive play-style for a few games yesterday (Was desperate to make the most of my XP boosts) and was able to destroy everyone in my way. I don't think it's the aggressiveness that gets you, you may just over extend a little too much.

haha I was just posting this gif on Twitter. I love the AR man, it's so sick

82936721f7514642093d040ea7e242d3.gif

Wow thats actually cancer

If you took the smart scope off the AR we'd be in WAY better shape, but "consistency" amirite

Because all of the rifles in this game (minus maybe the LR) are stupidly easy to use?

I get a perfect with the magnum and I'm happy. I get one with the BR and I'm like... great, fuck this gun. It has too much zoomed in range and magnetism.

Personally, I always play games to have fun my way. I pick C. Falcon in Smash because I like to style and go for really risky plays. I refuse to use optimal weapons because I enjoy outplaying people. I've always had little personal challenges in the games that I play.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Really? I got into a really aggressive play-style for a few games yesterday (Was desperate to make the most of my XP boosts) and was able to destroy everyone in my way. I don't think it's the aggressiveness that gets you, you may just over extend a little too much.

You can only play aggressively in this game if your team is doing the same, otherwise you're going to get destroyed because the individual has no real power in this game. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol, that's crazy. I haven't posted to Waypoint in forever. 

Pretty sure Disclaimable is trolling though. He's on my friends list and I wouldn't have someone who thinks the AR takes skill on that list. 

Looks like it, problem is that a good amount of people on that thread does not realize that he's trolling..

But well I guess your clip just proved that H5 takes more skill than HCE to waypoint :kappa:

Don't XP boosts only give you a static amount based on your SR? I thought the only boosts related to performance are the Gambits...

haha I was just posting this gif on Twitter. I love the AR man, it's so sick

82936721f7514642093d040ea7e242d3.gif

You weren't even crouching. It gets worse than that lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can only play aggressively in this game if your team is doing the same, otherwise you're going to get destroyed because the individual has no real power in this game. 

Nah. I was on my own at the time. The rest of the team was sitting in the Garage, playing defense as they had to. I was running around outside and specifically going after people, without my team to help.

I refuse to use optimal weapons because I enjoy outplaying people. I've always had little personal challenges in the games that I play.

Know that feeling extensively. Putting yourself at a disadvantage and coming out on top due to your skill is VERY satisfying.