CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Im hoping that the weekend playlist will be a slayer or team arena community maps. The 1st thing I thought of when the Breakout community playlist was released was that a slayer one shouldn't be too far behind.

Quinn usually tweets it out on Fridays around 3-5pm EST so we should know pretty soon.

Quinn or someone mentioned a Community BTB playlist was in the works.

I just noticed 3 of my top 5 most used weapons are autos.

343, what have you done?!

On an unrelated note I wish waypoint(or the actual game) would track kd per weapon like COD does. That way you can gain a little bit of insight into what weapons you are being effective with and which ones need work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If this game had beta aiming it would be a thousand times more fun for me. WHY DID YOU DO THIS PRO TEAM I HAD FAITH IN YOU

I just noticed 3 of my top 5 most used weapons are autos.

343, what have you done?!

On an unrelated note I wish waypoint(or the actual game) would track kd per weapon like COD does. That way you can gain a little bit of insight into what weapons you are being effective with and which ones need work.

Yeah I was watching a pro scrim last night and a player went on a killing spree with a smg with 2-3 of the kills being at mid range (in a pro scrim!), and people try to claim the autos are at a good place right now. smh. 

Yeah I was watching a pro scrim last night and a player went on a killing spree with a smg with 2-3 of the kills being at mid range (in a pro scrim!), and people try to claim the autos are at a good place right now. smh.

I do think they are slightly to strong, but I think the biggest problem is how easy they are to use. If the reticle was much smaller and had no auto aim they'd be ok.

Anyone know the install size requirements with all DLC etc...

XBM says 66 GB but I'm assuming that's not with DLC and updates. 

Anyone know the install size requirements with all DLC etc...

XBM says 66 GB but I'm assuming that's not with DLC and updates.

Thats probably right with DLC.

Halo 5 January 2016 Season Rank Breakdown:

http://imgur.com/a/zmJ1I

According to the guy off of Reddit...

"I wrote python software to scrape player data from Microsoft's / 343s public Halo API: https://developer.haloapi.com/. Then I aggregated all of the data I could find to generate these plots and percentiles.

Took a while to write the software, and after that it's been taking FOREVER to scrape data (Microsoft only lets you make 1 query a second). I leave my computer running every night to scrape the API, but it still took over 6 weeks of scraping to get to this point where I can track 1M+ players."

Some definitive numbers scraping on population counts makes me feel alot better than the "Most played" garbage that people throw around all the time. While we have no idea what the average playerbase is per given day, this is still nice to see the amount of people ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"I wrote python software to scrape player data from Microsoft's / 343s public Halo API: https://developer.haloapi.com/. Then I aggregated all of the data I could find to generate these plots and percentiles.

Took a while to write the software, and after that it's been taking FOREVER to scrape data (Microsoft only lets you make 1 query a second). I leave my computer running every night to scrape the API, but it still took over 6 weeks of scraping to get to this point where I can track 1M+ players."

Some definitive numbers scraping on population counts makes me feel alot better than the "Most played" garbage that people throw around all the time. While we have no idea what the average playerbase is per given day, this is still nice to see the amount of people ranked.

So in January 1M+ players played the game? More than I expected. I figured 500K or lower.

"I wrote python software to scrape player data from Microsoft's / 343s public Halo API: https://developer.haloapi.com/. Then I aggregated all of the data I could find to generate these plots and percentiles.

Better than I expected. Nice!

Being in the 91st percentile for Team Arena makes me feel a lot better about my Diamond 2 (all solo que). 

Still got a .82 KD though  :wutface:

#Support player  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those graphs definitely confirm that FFA and SWAT handle their ranking system very poorly. FFA has the most Onyx players, proportionally speaking, while it appears that practically no one is an Onyx in SWAT.

So in January 1M+ players played the game? More than I expected. I figured 500K or lower.

It's actually probably a little more than 500k. Don't sum the ranked players in each playlist, just consider that these are the ones that ranked (there could be those that are unranked). I think there are roughly 500k+ players if we consider Warzone and unranked arena players in a given season.

It's actually probably a little more than 500k. Don't sum the ranked players in each playlist, just consider that these are the ones that ranked (there could be those that are unranked). I think there are roughly 500k+ players if we consider Warzone and unranked arena players in a given season.

I didn't sum any of the playlists.

I know this isn't a popular topic, but is a good K/D anything above 1 for Halo 5?

I didn't sum any of the playlists.

Yeah my mistake, just saw the number you were looking at. I wonder if that includes everything in Halo 5?

Yeah my mistake, just saw the number you were looking at. I wonder if that includes everything in Halo 5?

It may actually. Not sure. We also have to take into account the campaign players and the forge guys.

I know this isn't a popular topic, but is a good K/D anything above 1 for Halo 5?

K/D is honestly irrelevant in everything except Slayer, and even then plays/wins matter more than raw kills. The moment I stopped caring about K/D, the more fun I begun to have playing modern FPS. 

I start laughing whenever twitch starts talking shit about a pro going negative in a match during a series... Honestly, baffling how much COD has made people care about this stat.

To actually answer your question, theoretically the ranking system should naturally bring people down to a 1.0 K/D. This means that some games you'll do good and others not so much because your opponents will always be roughly the same skill level. 

• Upvote (+1) 2