CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Warzone is the most unbalanced thing I have ever played in any MP video game. So don't feel bad about losing. 

But consider this... if Bungie was in charge you would always spawn with an SMG.

Good to see they're focusing on the things that matter the most.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Batch pushed my shit in on my own map.

rekt

also @@Aptos, please remember that Doubles is only 4 players in one match, compared to 8 in 4v4 and 24 in Warzone.

Gotta agree with that.  A couple more would be ok.

Arena

Slayer

Breakout

Swat

Doubles (WHERE THE FUCK IS PERM DOUBLES????  it should have been available on launch))

Mercenary (basically Arena with a 2 player party max)

Rotational

Warzone

From Bravo's first update of 2016:

Holiday Playlist Popularity

By total unique users

1.Warzone

2.Slayer

3.Team Arena

4.SWAT

5.Big Team Battle

6.Holiday Social

7.Warzone Assault

8.Breakout

9.Holiday Doubles

10.Free for All

Doubles: not that popular apparently.

super late reply (I had classes and whatnot)

The thing is though, you can't just hop on h3 and git Gud. I heavily disliked the game but the good players definitely studied the game and got better in it through understanding how it worked (however small that was) and for one reason or another, there were a lot of invisible barriers when it came to the community on skill levels. You could see players in the top 32 or 16 playing very distinctive compared to someone in the top 64. Hate the game all you want but the game wasn't a pick up and get to tournament level easy.

All I'm trying to say is that as weak as a skill gap h3 had, there was one and you could see that in the players

Also CoD does too, good players (at least in blops 3 and 2 as I only watched those) were consistently on the top 8 and there were crazy streaks with complexity winning events like crazy. And the same thing with the invisible barriers, you could see top 128 or 64 players than watch top16 and there's a huge difference in how teams play.

However small those games are skill gap wise (why is it that fps players obsess over this I will never know) they had a skill gap

Mobile neg, sorry.

I think pretty much every game has a skill gap, of course. I can't see how anyone could say a game doesn't have a skill gap. Even a game like Halo 4 or H2A needs at least some skill to be good.

But I don't think Halo 3's gap is that big when compared to CE

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wish they'd take a vote for 343's breakout maps since practically all of them blow. The community maps are so much better.

Has anyone got any suggestions for weapon skins? i like the wolf pistol skin style. i would like to see a snake or some other animals. 

I think the scratched skin looks sloppy. I would like more straight cut lines and designs. maybe a covenant style skin on UNSC weapons?

Has anyone got any suggestions for weapon skins? i like the wolf pistol skin style. i would like to see a snake or some other animals. 

I want a Lethul skin  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want a Lethul skin  :lxthul:

star-wars-force-awakens-finn-tr-8r-storm

TR-8R on a gun would be pretty sick.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So many maps could be made 200x times better with a few things:

- More powerups (Camo and OS on every map/gametype)

- Replace Fuel Rod with Rockets or Reach Grenade Launcher (Wishlist)

- Strategically place teleporter  (Riptide and The Rig specifically) 

- Remove radar

Can't think of anymore atm but there are more for sure. 

- Remove or fix any/all air lifts that slowly raise you 30yds above your intended dest. (examples: Coliseum, Riptide, Lego Lands BTB)

Also, power weapon counts need to be reduced on almost every single map.  Primary reason doubles sucked was there were 3-4 times as many power weapons as there were players.  There should be no more power weapons than # of players per team.  As it is now, we may as well just spawn with power weapons, and skip the whole sprinting parade into the map toward our favorite flashing sign that reads "I'm a power weapon! Come get me in 25 seconds, brah!".  So...

- Maybe not fill every crevice of every map with a handy-dandy power weapon?

- Grasp the meaning of "redundancy", then look at each map's power weapon count and spawn layout.

- Battle/Beaver Creek - Sniper, Rockets, Shotgun.  3 power weapons.  Think of power counts on Lockout, Guardian, Prisoner, Wizard/Warlock, Ascension... Halo 5 maps = 99 power weapons on the wall.

Something else I find irritating, but don't see anyone talking bout - so it could just be me:

Overlapping controls, like melee and ground pound, often get me hovering in the air after jumping and trying to melee (basically clenched bumper). Best area of my game is probably close-quarters, but in Halo 5, many times I'll out-play someone only to do a dark knight perch-on-ledge pose above them just long enough to lose what otherwise would have been an easy kill.  Even the elite controller can't help me here.  I don't want to pound guys on the ground... I don't want to power ranger charge people.  I just want to quickly melee and be on my way.  

- Remove or fix any/all air lifts that slowly raise you 30yds above your intended dest. (examples: Coliseum, Riptide, Lego Lands BTB)

Also, power weapon counts need to be reduced on almost every single map.  Primary reason doubles sucked was there were 3-4 times as many power weapons as there were players.  There should be less power weapons than total players.  Otherwise, we may as well just spawn with power weapons, and skip the whole sprinting parade into the map toward our favorite flashing sign that reads "I'm a power weapon!  Come get me in 25 seconds, brah!". So...

- Maybe not fill every crevice of every map with a handy-dandy power weapon?

- Grasp the meaning of "redundancy", then look at each map's power weapon count and spawn layout.

Something else I find irritating, but don't see anyone talking bout - so it could just be me:

Overlapping controls, like melee and ground pound, often get me hovering in the air after jumping and trying to melee (basically clenched bumper). Best area of my game is probably close-quarters, but in Halo 5, many times I'll out-play someone only to do a dark knight perch-on-ledge pose above them just long enough to lose what otherwise would have been an easy kill.  Even the elite controller can't help me here.  I don't want to pound guys on the ground... I don't want to power ranger charge people.  I just want to quickly melee and be on my way.  

I think the fuel rod needs to go.  As far as overlapping controls maybe 343 can add a disable groundpound similar to assasinations.

i would like some team skins. 

yeah man, team skins would be awesome, but What 343i really need to do is get community made skins and put them into the game. 

By total unique users

1.Warzone

2.Slayer

3.Team Arena

4.SWAT

5.Big Team Battle

6.Holiday Social

7.Warzone Assault

8.Breakout

9.Holiday Doubles

10.Free for All

Its so messed up that I struggle to find games in Slayer, the second most popular playlist. If had nights were I get literally zero matches.

Mobile neg, sorry.

I think pretty much every game has a skill gap, of course. I can't see how anyone could say a game doesn't have a skill gap. Even a game like Halo 4 or H2A needs at least some skill to be good.

But I don't think Halo 3's gap is that big when compared to CE

no worries

And yea, I agree with that. I don't think h3 is as competitively viable than h1 but honestly you should really just not care. Play what you enjoy playing, if you like the game keep playing. even bizzare games like Catherine have a competitive scene (which tbh the Evo finals were pretty hype not gonna lie)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the fuel rod needs to go.  As far as overlapping controls maybe 343 can add a disable groundpound similar to assasinations.

I agree, and yes a "disable ground pound" is precisely what I would like to see added.

Except 1v1s will never work in this game because of the footsteps. Soundwhoring happens in 4v4s too, its just more difficult to do because of the chaos. Removing radar makes things better but the footsteps will just substitute for a lot of the BS radar caused anyways. 

You can still easily camp in a corner with a storm rifle, even in 4v4s, and just listen for footsteps instead of watching a radar.

so many counters to sound whoring

By total unique users

1.Warzone

2.Slayer

3.Team Arena

4.SWAT

5.Big Team Battle

6.Holiday Social

7.Warzone Assault

8.Breakout

9.Holiday Doubles

10.Free for All

The gameplay combined with the current settings makes Doubles atrocious. Yet another reason why you can't rely on just numerical data to determine what people do or don't like.

What that list indicates is that Halo players don't like to play a slow, campy gametype with radar on and overpowered CQC dictating the entire game. Frankly, I'm not sure why we'd need to do any research to figure that out but whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 2