CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Holy crap, I actually managed to place Onyx in FFA. Now its time to never touch FFA again, and just stare at that shiny rank.

Though, considering I placed Plat in both SWAT and Team Arena, I'm assuming that the ranking system for FFA is still a bit weird.

It is. I played a majority of them using just my pistol (sometimes even placing last) and I still got Onyx last season. I honestly don't think they messed with FFA at all like they did SWAT. In SWAT I placed Plat 3 winning 100% of my games and going insanely positive. It makes no sense.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It is. I played a majority of them using just my pistol (sometimes even placing last) and I still got Onyx last season. I honestly don't think they messed with FFA at all like they did SWAT. In SWAT I placed Plat 3 winning 100% of my games and going insanely positive. It makes no sense.

Yeah, I placed as Plat 3 in SWAT as well, and did relatively fine in my placement matches, yet when I got placed in Plat 6 in Team Arena, it took everything I had to just go positive or break even most games.

Yeah, I placed Plat 3 this season as well and did fairly well in my placement matches, yet when I got placed in Plat 6 in Team Arena, it took everything I had to just go positive or even most games.

It really does baffle me. I would rather place lower so I can learn the game but I keep placing high as crap (except SWAT where I did better than anything). Really sucks.

Cod could have fierce competition; that doesn't make it competitive.

There is almost nothing in H3 that has a skillgap. Projectile means shit if you can't even count on your shots going the direction you shoot them

This is exaggerated. If every other bullet would miss due to faulty netcode then you'd have a point, but this isn't the case. And if you're referring to the random spread then at the distance the BR was meant to be used this wasn't much of a factor amongst skilled players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Joe Tea

Literally me when I signed up here. Btw no ones trying to shit on you, its just frankly, Halo 3 does not have a skill gap AT ALL.

Stop.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are TB Warzone squads still a thing? I need people to party up with, going against teams of 12 isn't exactly fun.

Stop.

Just remembered you sent me like 2 invites about a week or two ago, both times I was in a match. I wasn't ignoring you =(

This is exaggerated. If every other bullet would miss due to faulty netcode then you'd have a point, but this isn't the case. And if you're referring to the random spread then at the distance the BR was meant to be used this wasn't much of a factor amongst skilled players.

Just shooting from turret to Drop Zone on Valhalla was like a dice roll on whether you'd kill him before he got behind the cover at top mid.  That is embarrassing for a utility weapon.  I've put double digit shots into people in red reticule without killing them.  The game just performed like dog shit.

Just remembered you sent me like 2 invites about a week or two ago, both times I was in a match. I wasn't ignoring you =(

I figured as much.  No worries bud.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Stop.

Sorry brother i have a hard time dropping this one from my vocabulary, didnt realize i turned into a white girl until after I posted LOL
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Are TB Warzone squads still a thing? I need people to party up with, going against teams of 12 isn't exactly fun.

Yes they are, best chance to join is hop on Heytred's stream when he is streaming and enter the !queue. He will invite you if you are next :)

Yes they are, best chance to join is hop on Heytred's stream when he is streaming and enter the !queue. He will invite you if you are next :)

Cool, thanks for the info

Just shooting from turret to Drop Zone on Valhalla was like a dice roll on whether you'd kill him before he got behind the cover at top mid.  That is embarrassing for a utility weapon.  I've put double digit shots into people in red reticule without killing them.  The game just performed like dog shit.

I used to have the same problem. What I actually found out through forge testing is that the bullets of the Halo 3 BR are delayed, so you actually have to shoot where they're going to be and not where they are.

After I found that out, I was winning fully up to a quarter of my BR fights.

I ended up deleting Halo 5 to make room for Overwatch and Rocket League which is coming up.

Was the Infinity Armory update worthwhile are we sustained? I might redownload if I buy another external HDD, but I have no plans to as of yet.

m8, we now have pizza skins for the pistol. You missed out big time......

Yeah, I can't get any games in Arena anymore. At all. Not even 'social' Big Team Battle. I was only like Onxy 1600-something in FFA last season, and I only played two placement matches in it last night before I stopped finding games... I got one game earlier today, but it was on Overgrowth so I QTB. I can only play Warzone now...

*puts on tinfoil hat*

I'm also experiencing a ton of disconnects, like 3-4 in Warzone just last night.

EDIT: Just got a game in Slayer. Hopefully I can finish my placement matches.  :simms:

are they gonna take breakout out of arena?

Yes.

Also, please be kind to Joe. I used to be a big H3 d-rider as well. People can change, give him time.

Yes.

Also, please be kind to Joe. I used to be a big H3 d-rider as well. People can change, give him time.

I wish I was around during those times. It was probably hilarious.

Yeah, I can't get any games in Arena anymore. At all. Not even 'social' Big Team Battle. I was only like Onxy 1600-something in FFA last season, and I only played two placement matches in it last night before I stopped finding games... I got one game earlier today, but it was on Overgrowth so I QTB. I can only play Warzone now...

*puts on tinfoil hat*

I'm also experiencing a ton of disconnects, like 3-4 in Warzone just last night.

EDIT: Just got a game in Slayer. Hopefully I can finish my placement matches.  :simms:

How do you get that Card in your siggie, Everytime I try it just doesn't appear.

I wish I was around during those times. It was probably hilarious.

If that Batchford was still around, he would be saying stupid things like:

"Camo players should appear on Radar".

Hey, if there was no radar that comment never would've been made.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks to anyone who showed up today! EDIT: For context, I'm raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project this month on Twitch.tv.

• Upvote (+1) 8

They appeared on radar in H2A, the l337est of Halo games.