CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

wonder why 343 even bothers coming here... anything we say seems to just fall on deaf ears, has for more than a decade.

• Upvote (+1) 9

wonder why 343 even bothers coming here... anything we say seems to just fall on deaf ears, has for more than a decade.

You know that guy who posted a gif a few pages back? I think it's his fault.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know that guy who posted a gif a few pages back? I think it's his fault.

lol... i can see the humor in it though.

In all seriousness, 343 has their email surveys, so the likelihood of an idea from our community here being even remotely discussed in their studio is probably as probable of me winning the powerball.

I've been a gamer for too long to read devs chime in on competitive community forums just to show face and spit some pr enough to convince us they at least lurke or read.

I will say tho that i was highly surprised by ubisoft and how vocal they were on their rainbow siege reddit sub and actually engaged in discourse with the entire community and implemented actual changes based on the reddit sub alone.

cant say that for 343 or any other paycheck dev.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If we ever figure out when the CE pistols comes out -_-

How is it that they showcase it pre October, yet the H2 BR, a weapon never shown publicly pre launch, came first? Makes no sense

0330chewbacca.jpg

That does NOT. MAKE. SENSE!

Edit: Have we always had nested quotes? Or am I going crazy? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

New stance. Anyone recognize the weapon in the picture?

6089b70d3f6934dff3f1bf6d1f8bfcff.png

vKfdFNF.gif

Can't believe I legit LOL'd at this moronic GIF.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey baby you wanna see my huge...

....Req collection?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That does NOT. MAKE. SENSE!

Edit: Have we always had nested quotes? Or am I going crazy?

NESTED
HYPE :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Wheres the proof we have a new 343i employee poster amongst us?  Isn't there some kind of initiation hazing or something?

Hey baby you wanna see my huge...

....Req collection?

Reqfix and chill

Reqfix and chill

I've got ton of REQ points, wanna come over to my house and see me open them all at once and maybe fool around after? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This post reminded me of "Spit it Out" by Slipknot. 

Wheres the proof we have a new 343i employee poster amongst us? Isn't there some kind of initiation hazing or something?

challenge them to 1v1 halo ce.

If Halo 5's player retention is so high, it would be a great opportunity to introduce some free weekends to try and get this game rolling.

I go here because I think this site is well run and maintained, and is the best place to get news about competitive Halo. I follow the HWC thread pretty religiously. I also like to see what people here say about the game because you guys have some of the most unfiltered opinions about the game. Working on games is my passion and part of my job satisfaction comes from seeing people react to the game, positive or negative I like seeing how people are actually taking the hard work my colleagues and in some small part myself have put in.

I'm not on the PR team or the design team, so talking about any official 343 business is not my place. Anything I post here is my opinion and nothing more. I doubt my voice matters any more than any of yours does anyway and that's probably a good thing.

My reasons for being here are my own, and the only reason why I stated I'm an employee is simply because I didn't want to seem like I was deceiving you by posting my opinions while not disclosing any circumstances which may color my statements.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well, typically the litmus test is for them to show up, post nothing of real significance, and then immediately leave...

... ...

Lemon is savage as fuck. The 343 devs leave faster than subscribers left The Fine Bros.

I go here because I think this site is well run and maintained, and is the best place to get news about competitive Halo. I follow the HWC thread pretty religiously. I also like to see what people here say about the game because you guys have some of the most unfiltered opinions about the game. Working on games is my passion and part of my job satisfaction comes from seeing people react to the game, positive or negative I like seeing how people are actually taking the hard work my colleagues and in some small part myself have put in.

I'm not on the PR team or the design team, so talking about any official 343 business is not my place. Anything I post here is my opinion and nothing more. I doubt my voice matters any more than any of yours does anyway and that's probably a good thing.

My reasons for being here are my own, and the only reason why I stated I'm an employee is simply because I didn't want to seem like I was deceiving you by posting my opinions while not disclosing any circumstances which may color my statements.

Can you elaborate on what you do? I assume you do some of the coding, yes? And what's off-limits for us to ask about?

Hey, I've been lurking here for a few weeks or so and a lot lately...just decided to make an account. I don't want to complain on my first post but I am super salty right now and I want to add on to what has been talked about regarding the shitty ass placement system. 

First off, my friend who was a high (185-200) champion in breakout last season or may have even dropped to high onyx before it reset literally just lost every placement game, 0-10, and went negative 55 with 4 kills total in an attempt to get Bronze-Gold level for commendations. He placed onyx 1700, the max cap. 

So this leads me to rage at this inane algorithm or logic behind the placement matches. I'm a pretty good player, I've placed onyx or champion in every single playlist that has been released...I was over 2k in team arena and like 10 pts off slayer champ last season, had a champ in swat and breakout etc.

Why the fuck am I placing against literally the sweatiest top tier champions in every playlist off my first placement game/s when the cap is 1700? How is this ideal? Why would I want to play people who are or are going to be top 50-100 players in the world in each playlist when I can only max out at 1700 off placement anyway? It makes no sense. 

I feel like 343 is protecting the lower skilled players, who play ironically play less arena/in general, at the expense of their hardcore players that aren't on the tier where they run 4s with pros or "regular list" pros. It's just so frustrating. I generally always run 4s, as we all know the matching is a joke on that field, but I thought I'd be fine running 3s in slayer just now. Nope...I match a champ 30 and two kids who gave pros/semi pros a close game last night in arena who were carrying Lt Wasp lmao. 

I guess I need to bring the A-squad to4 everytime I play? I mean these are placement matches bro...it's literally irrelevant because I'll get onyx 1700 no matter what basically, but I hate having a negative k/d or bad win ratio in a playlist because I am playing literally the top 30% of the top .1% every placement game...makes no sense. 

I'm on tilt. 

Now back to being logical: The 1700 cap was a step in the right direction 343, but holy fuck, can you not just make placement matches bronze-gold only? This way there will be diverse matches skill-wise off placements instead of this completely unenjoyable experience and it will make it more fair because last season's ranks won't affect the new season virtually. 

This is a fake reset. I'm just going to rank 1700 onyx in every playlist except maybe FFA (I played 13-14 games last season was a 1609 and on the first placement matched a champ 33 no big deal...). We don't want to sweat our balls off in placement with a 1700 cap...it's ridiculous.  

Also Social is the biggest joke. Who are you guys protecting? What are you thinking 343? You do realize Halo 3 social had no fake hidden ranks or MMR bullshit and it was extremely popular. I literally can't even find a game in BTB. Why are there not more social playlists? Why do you insist on this hidden rank that ruins the definition of what social is supposed to be....I'm just baffled. 

• Upvote (+1) 4