CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I've played 3 games today, quit out of one because a teammate quit and we were getting slaughtered and I got banned...wtf? I don't quit unless a teammate quits.  Why am I being punished for this; especially ONE quit for the day.  

Not allowed to be discussing bans about recent members - none of our business.

this made me lol. TB is like the wild wild west for Halo forums.. I mean look at this place.. seriously. Have to dig through 500 pages of posts every time i come here, its probably the most unorganized halo forum ive ever been to but for some reason i keep coming back, but the fact that you have some sort of ethics of not discussing why a random was banned makes me lol. 

But posting all the team drama, text messages, twitter fights, etc is okay lol

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

So I've placed Onyx 1500+ in both playlists I've done today. What the hell man I still think there needs to be a much lower cap for placement matches. I don't want to play To4 in Onyx all day long. Well, back to my alt I go.

I highly doubt that that's the reason why he got banned.

@@Infinity pls, we're curios.

Oh I know, it was 100% a joke. I think he made a 2nd account, big no no. 

Tried to get bronze.

20 kills 100 deaths

0 for 10

Gold 3

-__________-

too many kills

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not allowed to be discussing bans about recent members - none of our business.

This

too many kills

I think its because I played one game for real in that list the past two seasons.

Holy fucking shit 343, NZ Players are now being matched against US Players. Thanks 343, you fucked up big time.

Can you guys not fuck up totally for once?

Holy fucking shit 343, NZ Players are now being matched against US Players. Thanks 343, you fucked up big time.

Can you guys not fuck up totally for once?

Probably change your Avatar...

Tried to get bronze.

20 kills 100 deaths

0 for 10

Gold 3

-__________-

Stats are based on your placing on your team, not actual stats.

Example (4v4 TS):

Winning team:

1st) 18 kills

2nd) 12 kills

3rd) 11 kills

4th) 9 kills

Losing team:

5th) 41 kills

6th) 3 kills

7th) 1 kill (1 assist)

8th) 1 kill (0 assist)

So in theory, if your team is REALLY bad and somehow you get 2 kills, but the other three all get 1 kill each, you're still placing 5th out of 8 the people in the game. You have to make sure to be dead last on the leaderboard as well.

Best to do in FFA and/or quit out (it makes other people's rank not go down as much) so other people don't get punished.

Overall though, it's not worth the effort.

Dear 343,

Remember that thing in Reach, those things called search preferences?\

Yeah, give us those instead of forcing everyone in Aus/NZ to match Players in Japan and the USA.

This new change sucks ass. How do you expect the game to grow outside of NA if you guys continually fuck over everyone outside of that region?

Scanning and responding to some of the posts from the day...

On any frustration felt from an average K/D of 1.0, @@Lazerbeard is right in that this is a reflection of good matchmaking in most cases. Obviously there will be variance depending on playlist and individual play style / team role, but in general an average of 1.0 K/D means the skill balance for matchmaking is even. I do think there is a good discussion to be had about the relative "sweatiness" or tightness of the H5 matchmaking algorithm and whether consistently competitive matches make for the best play experience (versus more ebb and flow in the skill differential as @@Vetoed suggests). That balance is something we have been discussing internally and may revisit.

On distribution of skill bracketing via CSR, the current system is largely working as intended. It varies by hopper, but generally speaking ~40% of the population winds up in Gold, with ~20% on either side (Silver/Platinum) and then it gets smaller from there. Champion is literally the top 200 people at any given time, so that's less than 0.00001%. Bronze is roughly 5% of the population. We will likely keep tweaking the algorithm over time but at this point we're generally happy with how it's working.

On placement matches, there is a lot going on behind the scenes. The system takes into account a combination of individual and team performance relative to competition and varies the competition throughout the process based on results to try and accurately assess skill. I understand the desire for transparency on this component of the game but frankly we don't want players to reverse engineer and game the system.

Why do you completely dodge the fact that Aus/NZ Players are now matching US players, effectively destroying the game for us.

24/7 High ping blows. You do not grow a game internationally by making decisions like this, this pushes players from the game. Why should I deal with 24/7 Lag when I could move to Battlefield for CoD and get consistent and good connection with no lag?

I couldn't wait to play in the Feb season and play Arena with some friends, maybe get placed in Onyx like last season, but this new change sucks, and I really do not feel like playing this game again.

What's the point of having Aus/NZ Servers if you guys are never going to connect us to them?

So I quit out and I received a 15ish minute ban.  Fair enough.  About 20 minutes later I go to give it another shot and now it is telling me I have a 25 minute ban.

The tinfoil hat in me thinks the server related issues might be a cover for a lowish population.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@ChieftaiNZ

Not trying to dodge, I posted before your post was there. We are constantly striving to balance ping, ability to match, time to match, skill balance and hopper population in regions like Aus/NZ. We obviously haven't solved this, but as we touched on in the matchmaking update today this is something we are aware of and continually working to improve.

• Upvote (+1) 4