CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah I can't do it. I hate having to try my ass off every single game just to get a 1.0 K/d and the victory. I've had enough. No more Halo 5 for me.

What's your rank? Are you going in solo every game? None of my friends play anymore so I'm trying to get a group of guys to play with from here as going in solo gets old. I've gotten as high as Onyx ~1560 or so by myself going in solo. If that's too low or a rank for you that's fine if you don't want to add, but if you're lower and wanna run games I'm down.

ll Synergy ll

Would be nice if 343 explained what they think the core of halo is and why havent they gone back to the hce core?

y do u hav 2 b so negativ

343 gave us H5 and you're sitting there wanting things like "explanations" and "two-way feedback" and shit

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 gave us H5 and you're sitting there wanting things like "explanations" and "two-way feedback" and shit

nah man dey gt it.

I'm wondering if it would be unethical for me to purposely get bronze rank in Team Slayer...... 

I'm wondering if it would be possible for you to purposely get bronze in TS.

I went last season with 2 kills total in my swat placements and got silver 1.

Even if you do somehow end up getting bronze (though I've seen someone go 0 for 10 and still place champion because of their previous CSR), if you won all the time, your MMR would out-progress your CSR, and you'd start matching Onyxes at like... Platinum. Champions while Diamond or so.

I dobt expect any transparency from 343. After watching the hcs, all the brabding and pr work they did was clearly directed at casuals in hope they will become a viewer on the stream to increase their advertising revenue.

Guys. guys. guys. I found a shill on /r/halo.

On your own time go through his comments, don't downvote him or anything but just scroll through. Its really interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/user/GGfoxx?count=50&after=t1_czeizyc

Ive always wanted to see how players would do outside of their niche. Are pro players the best at Halo, or just MLG? Because it should be called the MLG world championship if thats the case.

Imagine the excitment of a race gametype! Racing is popular around the world, why not accommodate that into esports? SWAT is a no brainer. Snipes on a big map, imagine the intensity as players scan a huge map for that one moment!

is this really how they think?

dear lord, i had to google what a shill was abd now i see why you said you found one.

holy hell that is definitely a shill. covert ops at its best.

Anybody ells here experience a similar issue where you can't sell 1 or 2 items from your opened REQ pack and when you head over to your collection that same item wont even show up there?

It's as if you never got it in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

WHY IS ARENA BREAKOUT STILL IN TEAM ARENA???

Also Overgrowth has to go. Why are they not keeping the gametypes consistent with the actual competitive game? I thought this whole thing was about consistency and allowing people to play the "same thing as the pros". Guess not.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ive gotten bronze 2 times on alts. On one I just literally went 0 - 20 every game. I couldn't find games once I was placed on that one though.

Ive gotten bronze 2 times on alts. On one I just literally went 0 - 20 every game. I couldn't find games once I was placed on that one though.

I think the only people in bronze are those ones who literally try to get 0 kills and lose every game. Which makes me think that they're including ranks at this point just to give silver players a false sense of skill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the only people in bronze are those ones who literally try to get 0 kills and lose every game. Which makes me think that they're including ranks at this point just to give silver players a false sense of skill.

I did an experiment with my alt account this last season. I played my placement matches only using the AR, nades and non precision map pick ups. I played with toggle crouch on and I set my sticks to default (I normally play legacy).

I did awful. Legit I had to have looked brand new to the game. I placed gold 6. Its to the point where I'm not sure there is even that many people that are legit silvers. Bronze seems rarer than champion. Almost like it doesnt really exist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even if you do somehow end up getting bronze (though I've seen someone go 0 for 10 and still place champion because of their previous CSR), if you won all the time, your MMR would out-progress your CSR, and you'd start matching Onyxes at like... Platinum. Champions while Diamond or so.

Ya, it sucks that until onyx your rank isn't really your rank.

I can't believe how mind numbingly boring and unimaginative some guns in this game are, specifically the Promethean weapons that pretty much add nothing to the sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

incredibly unprofessional..instead of trying to have a real conversation he hides behind cynical comments, I know 343 does not have an easy job with this community but there is a lot of constructive, well written stuff on here and this is all we get?

If you don't want to comment on you weapon sandbox, we can not change it but such a comment is a spit in the face of everyone who spent time and effort on making great pistol/starting weapon related posts

Is there skill based matching behind the scenes in Warzone and BTB?

MMR is in use in all playlists, 'social' and Warzone too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

incredibly unprofessional..istead of trying to have a real conversation he hides behind cynical comments, I know 343 does not have an easy job with this community but there is a lot of constructive, well written stuff on here and this is all we get?

If you don't want to comment on you weapon sandbox, we ca not change it but such a comment is a spit in the face of everyone who spent time and effort on making great pitsol/starting weapon related post

The funniest part is how upset they get when the community stoops down to THIER level.

Is there skill based matching behind the scenes in Warzone and BTB?

It's in everything. The skill based restrictions appear to be much looser in warzone than in arena though.