CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I really, really hate the mentality that in order for your argument to be taken seriously, you have to phrase it in a positive or devils advocate type of way. We shouldn't have to doll up our arguments so that someone can have a better time reading them, the only thing that should matter are the points being made, so what if your tone is negative, it doesn't objectively take away from the merit of the post in any way, it makes it negative sure, but it doesn't make it wrong.

Yep. Your attitude should mean shit so long as the context of your post / argument / whatever the fuck is constructive and thought out

Y'all need to learn to take a joke homie LOL, Then again jokes over text usually dont work :/

To be fair if you looked at our shitposts in stream you'd think we hate each other

I was taking a joke and running with it. Learn to read my tone.

I forgot to record my Triple Kill on Riptide using nothing but tap firing on the plasma pistol and melees. It started out by releasing the trigger too soon and not getting a full charge going, I thought it was pretty funny. That thing is powerful though, I've killed quite a few dudes with it on my alt just tap firing. 

So @@Cooper, do you still think I am bad?

Yea you're still bad you only got good with h5, if this was h3 you would be bad and get 15-0d by anyone here

Auto usage saved you out of a bad placement

I forgot to record my Triple Kill on Riptide using nothing but tap firing on the plasma pistol and melees. It started out by releasing the trigger too soon and not getting a full charge going, I thought it was pretty funny. That thing is powerful though, I've killed quite a few dudes with it on my alt just tap firing.

I think I remember that game lmao. Yea PP is pretty good, it kills in the same shots with a melee as a dmr (2)

I was taking a joke and running with it. Learn to read my tone.

This is why you are a dumb eGirl

Yea you're still bad you only got good with h5, if this was h3 you would be bad and get 15-0d by anyone here

Auto usage saved you out of a bad placement

Halo 3? Everyone knows Halo DS is the real man's game

Yep. Your attitude should mean shit so long as the context of your post / argument / whatever the fuck is constructive and thought out

although on the other hand, is it ok to be a complete dick about certain things? This is the part I'm conflicted about, I'm fine with anger, negativity etc in a post as long as the post makes sense, however I'm not sure being an asshole is ok, although I'm not so sure that it's wrong either.

Halo 4 fucking blows....

[spoilers]
EVERY OTHER GAME OUT OF THE WATER!!!

Great job 343!! <333
[/spoilers]

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 fucking blows....

[spoilers]

EVERY OTHER GAME OUT OF THE WATER!!!

Great job 343!! <333

[/spoilers]

I'm imagining that guy cringing to this day over that post
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Turn on a stream of a guy searching a "social" playlist.

10 minutes later he's still searching.

GG 343

This is why I'm so disappointed in the competitive community with Halo 5. 

We're so starved and desperate for developer attention that we're willing to overlook massive issues with the game and convince ourselves, "nah it's not that bad", just because 343 and Microsoft are throwing a shit-ton of money at us - which is exactly how it was with the HGC. 

Then someone comes along and says, "what? It IS that bad!" And people jump on them, not with cogent arguments defending Halo 5's gameplay, but with the tired old line of "you're not helping anything with your negative attitude". 

God knows I've seen enough "I love Halo 5!! But 343 maybe you could fix this, and this, and that, and maybe this...and also this, perhaps this too, y'know if you guys get a chance to look at it but srsly gud job with H5 u guys are great I love you :D :D :D" posts to confirm it.

I think a big problem here is, the devs have a problem looking beneath the negativity, so the fans frown upon any trace of dissatisfaction, because they know 343 will disregard any post that's aggressive regardless if the points are legitimate. so the devs don't even consider it, and most fans drown out any real hard hitting criticism with dick riding.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think a big problem here is, the devs have a problem looking beneath the negativity, so the fans frown upon any trace of dissatisfaction, because they know 343 will disregard any post that's aggressive regardless if the points are legitimate. so the devs don't even consider it, and most fans drown out any real hard hitting criticism with dick riding.

And if it's such a huge mystery to anyone about why I'm so  :salt: about the game's future prospects, this is the reason. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

And if it's such a huge mystery to anyone about why I'm so  :salt: about the game's future prospects, this is the reason.

this is a reasoning I have also come to accept recently, this community is literally preventing this series from being all it can be, not because some of us are pissed off, but because they don't like it that we are pissed off, and just ignore us for the dumbest reasons, were labeled as elitests and close minded. You wouldn't happen to have some extra salt I can use would you?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah.

A lot of people on here like to flip shit when people are any sort of negative-leaning when Josh or Frankie come is which is disheartening because I have yet to at least one of them do ANYTHING for us to give them such treatment

I can't speak for Josh on anything but Frankie is honestly a baby. I don't think anyone should shit on the guy like Rolf did but damn, he was out of here fast. Still has yet to give us the MCC breakdown and still has yet to provide any meaningful feedback to us. And people wonder why being negative with 343 at the helm exist.

If your figurehead acts like that, my standards for your company are right next to dinosaur bones. I will still doll out feedback and make posts about this game needing changes but man, the company running this game makes it difficult. We all desperately want dev interaction and it simply doesn't happen.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Well it makes sense that the fans get upset over negativity when you have a mega ego like @@Frankie who comes here once in a blue moon with the sole intention of getting someone to say something vaguely negative, which he can then cite as "the reason why he never comes here". 

I am shocked that so many people here actually buy into that garbage. 

I'm imagining that guy cringing to this day over that post

I doubt it. Most halo players play the campaign, run a multiplayer match, and then go on to something else. Probably just loved the sweet karma and never though twice about how objectively stupid his post was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does shishka still work at 343? Why don't don't they let him do community interaction? He was very active on the Bnet optimatch forum.

Does shishka still work at 343? Why don't don't they let him do community interaction? He was very active on the Bnet optimatch forum.

No. Hasn't worked there since early 2012.

Yeah.

A lot of people on here like to flip shit when people are any sort of negative-leaning when Josh or Frankie come is which is disheartening because I have yet to at least one of them do ANYTHING for us to give them such treatment

I can't speak for Josh on anything but Frankie is honestly a baby. I don't think anyone should shit on the guy like Rolf did but damn, he was out of here fast. Still has yet to give us the MCC breakdown and still has yet to provide any meaningful feedback to us. And people wonder why being negative with 343 at the helm exist.

If your figurehead acts like that, my standards for your company are right next to dinosaur bones. I will still doll out feedback and make posts about this game needing changes but man, the company running this game makes it difficult. We all desperately want dev interaction and it simply doesn't happen.

that was the stupidest thing I've ever seen on here, Rolf was literally the ONLY fucking person who said anything even remotely negative and frank immediately stops what he's doing, goes into full defense mode, as if all of beyond was shitting on him when we weren't, meanwhile he's laying the ground work for all of us to shit on him.

One negative post and the whole site gets shut out, because that's what rational people are known to do.

I can't speak for everyone obviously but I post negative stuff about this game in hopes of it getting fixed. If you've played this game with me you would know my real stance on the game as a whole, crazy amounts of potential but a few hindrances. I do have fun when playing with people, solo can be fun but very rarely.

I'm a lvl 90 ffs, and I rip on the game all the time, I know 343 guys are reading this forum so I'm just hoping to get certain things changed/fixed. They tried with the aiming but sadly need to take one step further and give us an option for the old beta aiming.

Also, Lemon has every right to complain too, he has more passion for this franchise than anybody I know, watch his videos. Don't be that "If you don't like Halo then you can just get out!" guy.

Id deep throat an elites cock for an beta aiming option :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Id deep throat an elites cock for an beta aiming option :kappa:

:apg:

@@Sal1ent

It's been a while but I'm still genuinely curious so I'm following up. Has there been any word/investigation on possibly getting information to modify the aiming to be similar to H2 Classic, CE, H3 style of aiming (relative to who prefers those types of aiming)?

Because I would be dead ass lying if I said this wouldn't make me want to play this game more if I were able to aim like H2 Classic.

• Upvote (+1) 2