CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because complaining about a post's productivity is so much more productive.

:kappa:

I'm going to find you.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd just like to give a major shoutout to @@Teapot and @@Hard Way, diehard CE fans who may have shortcomings with H5 in certain areas, but you guys really kept an open mind to this game, and it shows in your posts. People like you are going to make sure Halo keeps improving.

So infinity how does it feel to be a 343 shill

I would also like to shout out to @@Hard Way for being genuinely nice and almost never shitposting, your streams ae great even if you dont get high numbers and your vids are excellent

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I see this used to defend the balance and skill requirement of the autos, and it pisses me off every time.

http://m.imgur.com/gwxo4QT

It will always be skewed because more talented players know that you have to put shots across map constantly, which you can't REALLY do with the AR (although the fact that you can sorta do it at all is blasphemous). 

Less skilled players are horrible teammates. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't speak for everyone obviously but I post negative stuff about this game in hopes of it getting fixed. If you've played this game with me you would know my real stance on the game as a whole, crazy amounts of potential but a few hindrances. I do have fun when playing with people, solo can be fun but very rarely.

I'm a lvl 90 ffs, and I rip on the game all the time, I know 343 guys are reading this forum so I'm just hoping to get certain things changed/fixed. They tried with the aiming but sadly need to take one step further and give us an option for the old beta aiming.

Lemon has every right to complain too, he has more passion for this franchise than anybody I know, watch his videos. Don't be that "If you don't like Halo then you can just get out!" guy.

Exactly. Hell I'm level 122 and I rip on this game every day. Wasted potential is what this game will be known as if they don't tweak the settings. I had to go through a year of MCC I want this game to be the best it can be. 3 years. This has to last 3 years.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Except, the thing is, I essentially HAVE nowhere else to go in this situation. Can't play Arena without a team, and Warzone I might as well have a team, given the majority of the population runs a TO12 in the grind for Achillies, on top of general pubstomping purposes. On top of this, people have MADE it apparent that social playlists need to be added in, I'm pretty sure we've tagged Josh enough on Social here, called them on Twitter about it, etc. It's at this point, a legitimate waiting game. We've been asking for months. MONTHS. And even the time where we got "social" it was really just ranked, without a visible rank, which screwed over players, and still fostered and overly competitive environment, which wasn't what we wanted, given what we've had to go off of with social in the past.

Again, not attacking the players. I'm not bitching that they're beating me. I'm not saying "calm down, it's just a game". I don't get where that idea came from, past my dubbing of them as "sweaties" which I've already put into context; but I just don't want to play against players who're hyper competitive on a consistent basis. That's an entirely fine thing to WANT as well. As much as it is to want a very competitive area to play in.

Today we've faced TO12s game after game for the better part of 5 hours. I enjoy a good close match as much as the next person. But Id like to be able to just completely shit on randoms too and farm commendations.

The casual crowd as a whole is slowly vacating. I used to solo queue in warzone care free during the first months of the game. Now I'd rather sit at the main menu for 10 minutes until we have at least 7 other people before I'll even touch WZ.

At least PVZ GW2 is around the corner so I can get my casual bender out on that when I need to hang my sweatband out to dry for a few hours.

Don't talk about yourself so harshly, you did good when you played with me in BTB. :kappa:

Did we even play BTB? I thought we only played 4s. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I understand why @@Cursed Lemon is negative; we were all negative AS FUCK when halo 4 released if you all recall

Maybe some take it as insulting? I don't really see it. I see someone who has managed to care about Halo for so long talk about its problems. Negativity means shit unless your posts are just that, and Lemon still posts shit that is constructive, despite his "attitude".

The day we start saying "yeah this game has issues, but we should accept it for what it is right now" PREVENTS progress. I'm nog saying you can't enjoy Halo 5, but we can't be complacent if we want real change, ever. Thats not how we make the game, in our view, better.

I appreciate anyone in this forum willing to give feedback from Lemon, to Hard Way, to meme master Moa, and even dumb eGirl Raven. Lets not condescend people for "aimless negativity" when its not aimless; it comes from years of Halo being meh and especially from the MCC debacle. Being negative is understandable, but so long as we still give constructive feedback, IT SHOULDNT MATTER

So infinity how does it feel to be a 343 shill

(I think/know your being sarcastic, hopefully...)

I honestly think in terms of quantity of long in-depth posts, I think I might take the cake of digging into Halo 5's issues the most frequently.

I've made super long posts about matchmaking, ranking systems, weapon balance, campaign, etc. People have definitely dropped longer and more in-depth posts but I think people overlook the issues I have with this game and how many times I've talked about it.

Day to day I support this game very frequently, but in the long term I have some major issues that I'd like to see fixed.

Did we even play BTB? I thought we only played 4s. 

We played 4's, then moved to BTB for a while. One of our matches in 4's was CTF on Coliseum, where we got our asses pounded, and then we played on Anti-Freeze in both the "Social" playlist, and BTB.

(I think/know your being sarcastic, hopefully...)

I honestly think in terms of quantity of long in-depth posts, I might take the cake of digging into Halo 5's issues the most.

I've made super long posts about matchmaking, ranking systems, weapon balance, campaign, etc. People have definitely dropped longer and more in-depth posts but I think people overlook the issues I have with this game and how many times I've talked about it.

Day to day I support this game very frequently, but in the long term I have some major issues that I'd like to see fixed.

all jokes brother, any saying 343 shill in this thread should be taken as a joke or a troll
  • Upvote (+1) 1

We played 4's, then moved to BTB for a while. One of our matches in 4's was CTF on Coliseum, where we got our asses pounded, and then we played on Anti-Freeze in both the "Social" playlist, and BTB.

Ah that's right...the "social" playlist...

all jokes brother, any saying 343 shill in this thread should be taken as a joke or a troll

You're an Icy Grill shill and 343 shill, the worst of all. 

Ah that's right...the "social" playlist...

So much sweat in that playlist it got charged with the murder of Theresa Halbach. 

You're an Icy Grill shill and 343 shill, the worst of all.

Surprisingly she hates me more than anyone else in this thread, can be a real shit sometimes

@

4 of us are playing warzone lmk if you wanna join

Hit me up with an invite when you're able to

• Upvote (+1) 1

Surprisingly she hates me more than anyone else in this thread, can be a real shit sometimes

@

Hmm? You know I love you. I just like giving you a hard time. Mainly because you're absolutely bollocks at this game and can't ever match my skill.

Hmm? You know I love you. I just like giving you a hard time. Mainly because you're absolutely bollocks at this game and can't ever match my skill.

Oh no, are you going full Madonna on us and pretending to be British? 

I understand why @@Cursed Lemon is negative; we were all negative AS FUCK when halo 4 released if you all recall

Maybe some take it as insulting? I don't really see it. I see someone who has managed to care about Halo for so long talk about its problems. Negativity means shit unless your posts are just that, and Lemon still posts shit that is constructive, despite his "attitude".

The day we start saying "yeah this game has issues, but we should accept it for what it is right now" PREVENTS progress. I'm nog saying you can't enjoy Halo 5, but we can't be complacent if we want real change, ever. Thats not how we make the game, in our view, better.

I appreciate anyone in this forum willing to give feedback from Lemon, to Hard Way, to meme master Moa, and even dumb eGirl Raven. Lets not condescend people for "aimless negativity" when its not aimless; it comes from years of Halo being meh and especially from the MCC debacle. Being negative is understandable, but so long as we still give constructive feedback, IT SHOULDNT MATTER

I really, really hate the mentality that in order for your argument to be taken seriously, you have to phrase it in a positive or devils advocate type of way. We shouldn't have to doll up our arguments so that someone can have a better time reading them, the only thing that should matter are the points being made, so what if your tone is negative, it doesn't objectively take away from the merit of the post in any way, it makes it negative sure, but it doesn't make it wrong.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Y'all need to learn to take a joke homie LOL, Then again jokes over text usually dont work :/

To be fair if you looked at our shitposts in stream you'd think we hate each other